Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja Snow - February 17th-18th 2021 - Inland West/Midlands/High Ground

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Communication lost with Danno, hopes fading

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Still mostly sleet here, some wet snow in heavier bursts. Temperatures stalling around 1.7c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-d_2jcscB0

Johnstown webcam live now - the IR kicks in every so often. Some snow there by the looks of it. 1.2c/-0.1cDP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

the squall line has arrived in Dublin 5, heavy rain and still windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Think i'm going to call it a night. Looks like this goose is cooked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Snow lighter here now and wind gone, didn't lodge very much.

Think i'm going to call it a night. Looks like this goose is cooked. :)

Looks like it, inland Munster done well for what was an unexpected event two days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looks like wet snow falling here but its a non event, don't see anything accumulating as its not heavy enough and not cold enough for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mr Wood

Doing it's very best to turn to snow, Blessington 220ASL. Big flakes now and hoping it persists. Sleep can wait after being stuck in a shadow last weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Down to 3c.

• Advertisement

Well it didn’t snow here but we got close to it at 2.7c. I’m sure we’ll get snow a few more times when County Kerry will have rain. So they can take it this time.

Well, it didn’t get snow here but we got close to it at 2.7c and it appears to be snowing at 200m on the webcams. I am sure we’ll get snow a few more times in the next few weeks when County Kerry will have rain. So they can take it this time.

It just goes to show though - winter is NOT over. There will be plenty more chances for snow and cold in the next few weeks, even if it’s only coming from the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Surprised there weren't more comments on strong winds, gust to 96 km/hr at Casement 0200 report, and Johnstown Castle which is never that windy a reporting site had a gust to 80 km/hr at 0200h report. Sharp frontal passage with wind shift south to westerly. Another odd little system in a winter marked by all sorts of novelties. Next up, the strong winds and heavy rainfalls of the approaching frontal system (Friday morning peak).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Few inches of snow here. Currently sleet\rain.

Abbeyfeale 860ft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Its snowing in North kerry. 176m asl

It raining in North kerry 176m asl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Recorded a bit more rain than I expected from the front that skimmed here last night. About 13mm thereabouts.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

There was some sticking snow in the Ballysimon, Caherconlish and Ballyneety areas near Limerick city around midnight to 1am this morning. Nearly all the lying snow has melted be 9am this morning.

Advertisement