Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

I have passed my leg. on to someone otherwise i would send to you - but honestly i didn't go near the legislation for Contract and I probably used the Succession Act like twice - and that was just to make doubly sure on something.

Don't leave it be the end of the world if you don't have them - I completely agree with the above...not essential at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Constitutional

Am I mad leaving out AG, President and Referendum?

I'm at the panic station about to board a train. For Equity tomorrow, i am covering:

• DMC
    • Strong V Bird
    • 3 C's
    • Trusteeship - duties of, removal of, and prepared Re. Hastings Bass a note.
    • Mareva and Quia Timet - but i know QT a lot better
    • Proprietary Estoppel - just starting to learn my notes
    • CPT and CY Pres and NCPT

Decided to leave out Satisfaction cos I just can't fit it into my brain. I think i'll have enough but i'd feel better if someone could confirm? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stressedstudent123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

Anybody else noticing a difference in the style of question for equity over the last few sittings.

My brain could be a mush at this stage and i could be overthinking but i thought i was relatively ok with preparation until i got to the most recent papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Yeah i think I noticed that myself, I passed Equity at the last sitting and I found there was some of the usual bankers and then some newer questions - but on reflection, the questions all came up aren't 'new style' they have come up at some stage over like the past 10 years.

There was an undue influence q on the last sitting, think it was "advise Gaelic Bank" and that was a carbon copy from like a 2014 paper. So my advice would be you need to go back as far as that. I wouldn't usually do that, the last 10 papers are usually enough for me but for Equity it would be worth having a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 legalhead12

Constitutional - covering these:

• President
    • AG
    • Liberty
    • Bodily Integrity
    • Expression
    • Privacy
    • Fair Procedures
    • Referendum
    • Non-Delegation
    • Pre-trial Publicity
    • Locus Standi
    • Equality
    • Property rights/earn a livelihood
    • Right to silence
    • Family
    • Religion
    • Access to courts
    • Association & Assembly
    • Cross-examination
    • International relations
    • ....then cases NECI v Labour Court, Gorry v MFJ, Gilchrist & Rodgers v Sunday Papers, Ivana Bacik v An Taoiseach

That's very helpful thank you!

I went back a few years (around 2017/18) but i have time now to go back a bit further so ill do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Naomikal

Thanks for the advice 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lawgrad2020

Thanks so much for sharing this. I plan on learning the following:

Constitutional interpretation

Principles of JR (Locus Standi, Presumption of Con)

Sep of powers (Including non-delg)

Equality

Property Rights & livelihood

Personal/Unenumerated

Expression

Association & Assembly

President & AG

Findings of uncon

And then hopefully a few aspects of due course of law.

Would love to hear what other people are doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Thoughts on equity? …

I can recall question 1 being tracing and my brain just mushed there so if anybody could confirm the topics per question that be swell!

🤣🤣

I can remember a few things, but lot is a blurr as well. Please Correct me if i am wrong.

Q1. Tracing Problem

Q3. Note Question

Q4. Quai timet essay

Q5. Proprietary estoppel

Q6. DMC criteria essay

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

That was such a nice paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

1. Tracing
    2. Charitable and Non Charitable Purpose trusts
    3. Note on Strong v Bird, Hastings Bass, and Removal of Trustees
    4. Proprietary Estoppel
    5. DMC essay
    6. Quia Timet essay
    7. Cypres Problem
    8. Resulting Trusts re distribution of funds on winding up of Unincorporated associations I think??

not the right order anyway!! But I think that was it??

thanks for that. I think o may have messed up the cypres question and spoke about enforcement of non charitable trusts as well as cypres.

amd I somehow I ended up typing in bold and couldn’t correct that for the rest of the exam…. Awh I hope the examiner has a good day correcting mine 🤞🏻🙏

do they ever take a 6th question into account of you jotted points down? Or is it just your best 5 regardless

I hope everyone is happy and good luck with the rest of them!

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fail rate last time round… 😅🥵 I heard the pass rate was very low last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

Any tips for contract tomorrow?

I feel relatively prepared but have heard bad things about this exam 😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I think over and above offer, acceptance. consideration and estoppel I found the most important things to know:- consumer protection, breach of contract/misrep/mistake, UI, damages... biggest tip! the Examiners Reports mentioned on a few occasions that people forget to mention the EU Regulations so put these in where they fit. Also, I mentioned Consumer Protection in any question where it was relevant and not just in the direct consumer protection Q.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

That's a good point about the EU Regs, they seem to be mad about them 😂 thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Feeling a bit brain dead after my third exam today.

My last is property on Wednesday. What should I make sure I cover?

I’ve gone from panicking about all these exams to being ready to give up from exhaustion 😵‍💫

I’m not questioning it - just a lovely paper and I’m glad of it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stressedstudent123

Starting to freak out for property. Haven’t learned my notes yet and am only covering:

Licences

Easements

Succession

Co-ownership

Family Property

Adverse Possession

Finding

Am I ok? Seems like it’s marked very easily 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

Anyone know if property is marked easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

There is a new examiner since Nov 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

I think Dr Aisling Parkes is back apparently??? Seems like it might just be when she is on maternity leave or something that the other guy covers because it’s just for some sittings and then for other sittings she’s back??

• Advertisement

If she is back then you are all laughing. I did it when she was off and i was so happy with my paper but got 50.

My friend isn't on this and he is looking for an updated Property Grid if someone could please message one onto me?

Advertisement