Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences of refusing to take a bag at the checkouts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭growleaves

Does anyone else here do this for the sake of the environment? Let's face it, a huge amount of the time that shopping is done there's no need to take the bag what so ever.

Some cashiers don't seem to have a notion why I refuse to take a bag when at the till. A girl in pennies recently put a gift card I purchased into a bag. As she was about to put it in I said that it was fine without the bag. She then threw the bag in the bin. It would actually have been easier to put the bag back on the pile. Broke my heart.

You broke my heart Fredo.

I usually bring my own bag.

For groceries, always.

But in a shop like Penneys, walking out with stuff in your own bag might make them think you haven't paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

For groceries, always.

But in a shop like Penneys, walking out with stuff in your own bag might make them think you haven't paid!

But if you didn’t pay for the item the EAS tag will be attached and make the alarm to go off as you exit... much handier with a backpack just put your shopping in.. fûck what they ‘think’, you’ll have your receipt and be on camera paying as well as the cashier having interacted with you....

When I lived in France I found it reasonably common for people to be asked to open a shopping bag or backpack before departure from a store, security would check the receipt vs the contents which was annoying on occasion ... seemed like they were not looking or suspecting a certain demographic of person as I witnessed ‘well to do’ auld dears, teens, business people etc so it must have been every x number of people... all done courteously to be fair...

Advertisement