Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Enda Oakley is the best actor in FC

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good to see them use some of the famous RTÉ flip flops on the show, they are not gone to a complete waste I suppose 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

She has about 4 sentences as her entire script the last two weeks.

"What/Why are you here?"

"I dont want Steo"

"You're not the dad"

"I need someone to mind Taylor"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Yeah, I agree, he was certainly very good tonight 👌

and I don't much like Hughie, glad to see him get a metaphorical kick in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jess never seems to have Taylor and Today she needed a break and of course they all ended up in the pub again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

That Steo doesn't seem to be given any right in his child's upbringing is just bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Photobox

Lol at all the crustie silent extras looking over the cars 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think Kira sees Victor as a charasmatic smooth talker, which Mondo definitely isn't. Victor and Mondo are complete opposites physically and in personality. Kira will say she wanted a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Greg will rebound with Ruby

I can see Jess cheating with Steo and catching Victor with Kira but both won't tell on each other

• Advertisement

Victor charismatic and with a cool super personality, are you seeing a different Victor to me, maybe I need Specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The writers a while back really turned Mondo into a really grumpy fella for a while and he didn't have much interest in Kira and that's why I think he was attracted to him.

Victor did nothing interesting but wear a hat at an auction and we are to believe that made Kira jump on him in Mondo's office just because Mondo was busy with work, I think she could have had other options, Orla was desperate for any human touch but even she did not see Victor as a potential option, he is just dull imho and it is the strangest affair pairing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

victor is what’s otherwise known as a fat “@s,€&d. They have shoehorned him into a most unlikely storyline as he ticks a few boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Looked like a scene from the Walking Dead with the Zombies walking slowly around, all 2 cars in the lot.

Money is tight these days in RTE. I'd say the sent a van into town and picked up half a dozen homeless to walk around a car park in Montrose for 5 minutes and paid them with a bag of cans

A very good episode over all 👌

Victor's class Hawaiian shirt (clearly left over from Aladdin or Toy Show the musical) and Kira sexily caressing the sleave of it. Husssey!!!!

Jess's hilarious prank fall and the flip-flops (insider joke, I'd imagine)

The kiss in the Jack's (Jess no.2 is not actually too bad looking in a certain fluorescent bathroom lighting)

Petes decent acting throughout the episode 👍

And the standout scene.

The car show room scene and the extras interested in "buying the hatchback" might be the funniest scene ever on Fair City.

Ps. Am I the only one who pays more attention to the extras in the background nowadays, than to most of the "acting"?

Always take note of extras. Sometimes they are more interesting (mostly). When you see them studying a bottle of water or a packet of biscuits, when most of us in reality just throw them into the basket, always makes me laugh. There are a few 'mature" extras that you see all the time Veronica was one but now gets lines such as 'Dean' and 'thanks' not a bad gig for retired people though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Ive been trying to get back into Fair City over the last couple months and have attempted to watch it a few times and have to switch it off, my God I didn't think it could actually get worse from what it used be over the last 5/10 years.

Everytime I look at it it's that bald community worker skulking around the town looking for "dirt" about some sort of community centre the bald builder who used be in Glenroe was meant to build.

Then it's some random blended family with a black English fella for a step father running off some weirdo that had a child with his daughter I think? I'm not even able.

Then there's this weirdo and his ma who had something to do with Dean.

They all make Anto and Sharon look like Oscar worthy actors.

Leo Dowling and his infamous stolen sofa storyline was at least comedy gold.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Jess was well able to walk from the kitchen into the living room at swift pace despite having a ‘leg injury’. Dunno any Gp surgery that hands out crutches.

She is some dope (Jess) if she got caught twice last night - once by Victor and once by Greg.

Baby Taylor is still in size 0 nappies

I don't know anybody who picks up a phone that doesn't belong to them (to read a text that is clearly not for them) Also most people have a screen lock of some sort on their phone.

But.... Its Fair City and the story has to move on. I guess it was either that or a spot of eves dropping in the Spar/Community center/pub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭threetrees

The priest fella, he's an ex priest now? Displaying not very forgiving or moral traits there!

Jess and Steo would be great fun, like when they had the bad boy Bishops there.

Advertisement