Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio on all night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭lucalux

Yeah,

But is there radio that I can listen to all the time from around the world?

When you put on your radio (a real radio) you have a real show, live. Online is it the same? I go on RadioTower and try to see if I can hear live radio that people in Trinidad or Sri Lanka might be listening to live in their houses but it all seems just recorded.

Maybe I haven't a clue. Any help appreciated.

I think, and not 100% sure, that TuneIn radio has local stations, NPR (the app is called NPR one) is the equivalent of Rté radio in America, in that it's public radio, has local stations and podcasts/shows. LiveRadio (.ie) is another site I use, but I dont know if it has an app.

I bet there's more but that's a start, I'm lazy and find the ones that suit me and go on with that.

BBC radio is quality too, someone mentioned the Shipping Forecast and that's iconic when it comes to nighttime radio I think!

I'm one of those people I can rarely get to sleep if there's silence, so I need to listen to the radio and use a quiz app/crossword app till I nod off.
    Silence just wrecks my head a bit too much

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I used to love Val Joyce's late night radio show.
    He was crap at tech, songs not starting etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I work nights and live with the parents, so I've them told not to be sneaking around the place and live as normal. I use a Bluetooth sleep mask and have tunes playing as I drift off. Would find it hard to sleep without tunes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

lucalux wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of aviation videos, maybe not just the cabin noise ones, but there are flights where all you hear is the ATC and pilot comms, and the cockpit noises, something about the standardised way they communicate flight level directions, callsigns, all the boring stuff, I find really relaxing.

linkificate please ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No, as it's switched off

• Advertisement
Advertisement