Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio on all night

Options
  • 11-02-2021 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭

Do you sleep as radio plays all night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,279 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Reads like a weird spoken interlude lyric from an obscure mid-70s Meat Loaf B-side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

endacl wrote: »
    Reads like a weird spoken interlude lyric from an obscure mid-70s Meat Loaf B-side.

On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Yes, I listen to the radio (or to podcasts, audiobooks, white noise, etc) when I sleep. I bought a set of Bluetooth sleep headphones recently. Very comfortable, strongly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I wear ear plugs. Don't want to hear even a fly breathing while I sleep:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭lucalux

Often fall asleep to the radio, leads to weird dream at times

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I fall asleep listening to podcasts. Usually news or current affairs. They put me to sleep within minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

ricky, steve, and karl every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

Not at night, but after dinner I like to vape a little herb and fall asleep for an hour listening to the BBC world news. Nothing puts me to sleep like the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Always, Normally Newstalk playback, I seldom get past Pat Kenny zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

.anon. wrote: »
    On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Yes, I listen to the radio (or to podcasts, audiobooks, white noise, etc) when I sleep. I bought a set of Bluetooth sleep headphones recently. Very comfortable, strongly recommend.

Tried a few of those, but the battery was always poor..

Or I kept forgetting to charge them..one of the two.

Can you give me model number?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,083 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yep.

I've always fallen asleep to the radio, with the sleep button turning it off after a bit.

But the remote is banjaxed now so I can't switch it on in the morning without getting out of the bed which is FAR too much hassle, so the radio stays on all night instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

bobbyss wrote: »
    Do you sleep as radio plays all night?
    Ya and then get up to watch my mother in the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Do you listen to the radio on a radio or online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭bobbyss

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    But the remote is banjaxed now so I can't switch it on in the morning without getting out of the bed which is FAR too much hassle, so the radio stays on all night instead.

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    I've always fallen asleep to the radio, with the sleep button turning it off after a bit.

A bed side table might sort that?

bobbyss wrote: »
    A bed side table might sort that?

It's a compact stereo, bit bulky for a bedside locker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes every night. It turns itself off after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

kowloonkev wrote: »

They are the best, especially the XFM shows, always put me in a good mood ...

Do you listen to the radio on a radio or online?

I listen to a radio app usually, but meaning to buy an FM radio for power cuts and the like, one I can lash a set of batteries into.

The app I use for nighttime has a sleep timer. Sometimes in my sleepiness I bypass the sleep timer, and end up with a night of random dreams where I'm not sure what's a dream and what's a radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

kowloonkev wrote: »

Look whatever you get up to is your business but its hardly relevant to the OP's question.

I used to love Val Joyce's late night radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

usually fall asleep to radio 4 shipping forecast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Usually a podcast. The new app I'm using has a sleep timer which is handy because I used to find that the podcast would sometimes wake me up with a loud ad or change of volume half way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Very little live late night radio now compared to back in the day, I can remember staying awake until 2am on school nights listening to Uneen Fitzsimmons on 2fm. There's something comforting about listening to a live broadcast when your alone in the dark.

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I used to have the radio on as I drifted off, with the sleep mode kicking in so it turned off.

Now Alexa plays Lyric FM all night to keep the puppy company. Combination of a blanket over her crate and the radio keeps her quiet. We tried a few different stations but she seems to settle best with Lyric fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I use white noise plane sounds nowadays

The sound of an airplane is very relaxing when it’s not filled with babies crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

Yeah I can't sleep anymore unless I have podcasts plugged into my ears, literally, I am unable to sleep. My inner life is diminished as a result I feel, and you wonder do these influencers and retired sports people realise that their words are interspersed with people's vague sexual dreams and wants as they fall asleep every night. Very common and only getting more so. Sometimes I notice a turn of phrase I've used in my waking life that smacks of something Alan Quinlan might say or BitBoy Cryto from Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've fallen asleep a few times on purpose listening to deezer, just as a distraction from anxiety and thoughts running around my head.

The sound of an airplane is very relaxing when it’s not filled with babies crying

:eek:

That would send me over the edge very, very quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Yeah,

But is there radio that I can listen to all the time from around the world?

When you put on your radio (a real radio) you have a real show, live. Online is it the same? I go on RadioTower and try to see if I can hear live radio that people in Trinidad or Sri Lanka might be listening to live in their houses but it all seems just recorded.

Maybe I haven't a clue. Any help appreciated.

I'm a big fan of aviation videos, maybe not just the cabin noise ones, but there are flights where all you hear is the ATC and pilot comms, and the cockpit noises, something about the standardised way they communicate flight level directions, callsigns, all the boring stuff, I find really relaxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Have a ****

Advertisement