Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

This lad is throwing names around like snuff at a wake!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Quick, this story is going somewhere. We need an ad break.

Quick, this story is going somewhere. We need an ad break.

Good call, caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Did nobody plant the fecker in the kisser?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Driven by it's listeners!

• Advertisement

"Driven by its listeners."

Hahahahahahahha it's Funny Friday right enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"The passing of Eoin Nolan can't go unmentioned, so here's a rushed mention at 15:00 on Friday afternoon."

"Liveline. Driven by listeners and driven by advertising". Joe Duffy 2021.

He's trolling us.

Rip.ie, Joe's no. 1 go-to website

• Registered Users Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That's Mondays program sorted

• Advertisement

Rip.ie, Joe's no. 1 go-to website

<search bar>
    "Who doyed dis week"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

All roads lead to the Condolence book on RIP.eye E

Joe reading messages of condolences, whoy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Sometimes its appropriate to lay off the usual and repetitive topics.

Today's topic shouldn't be covered? Because you've had enough of it?
    Well you clearly don't appreciate the gravity of the subject. Too busy listening to Joe instead of the callers.

It seems plenty of callers wish to participate and if it helps them deal with the torment they're welcome to a generous quantity of air time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Well you clearly don't appreciate the gravity of the subject. Too busy listening to Joe instead of the callers.

It seems plenty of callers wish to participate and if it helps them deal with the torment they're welcome to a generous quantity of air time.
    All you have to do is keep listening and you will change your mind. I suspect you wont though.

We will be here every day to help you shoulder de buuuuuurden if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭amlinopta

George Gibney story being covered by Darcy on Monday when he interviews Gary O'Toole. Could be back-to-back paedophile shows on RTE if Liveline goes for the hat-trick with Marmion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Not judging by the comments here.

Sometimes it's appropriate to lay-off the usual and repetitive comments.
    I get what you're saying but 2 full days on what he did (repeatedly with incredibly probing from the host for exact details) while it's obvious it will never focus on how the perverted abuser got away with it and no member of the order responsible for a massive failure to protect young boys about to explain or offer their thoughts is really at minimum, one day of public serrvice broadcasting wasted.
    Believe me, I'm not (and 99.9% of the thread isn't IMO) minimising the abuse but a therapy session with really obnoxious questioning, does not make good radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Let those who are going to sue the Jesuits go ahead.
    Let those in turmoil seek professional help.
    Making Duffy Circus out of this helps no one.
    No matter how much they kick this guys coffin( so to speak )
    won’t bring him back to answer for his crimes . We long since know how all this was facilitated.
    Why doesn’t he get the woman on who filmed over 150 leaving that Dublin mosque. After all a dozen auld ones can’t attend mass with some zealous priest. I’d rather take my ( COVID ) chances with a few auld ones that hundreds of non compliant Muslims milling around Dublin.

Or the Davy problem, anything current that is actually relevant.

Has he mentioned the Eritrean smuggling ring being run by the IT taxi driver. Run from a mews in Foxrock no less. I’d love to hear the founder of I.C.I take on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

More auld guff and misery today I take it?

Sadly the subject is only too familiar to some of us. A colleague later committed suicide after childhood rape.

Wall to wall Faaaader Marmion, caller; listen to a section and you've listened to all.

• Advertisement

It has been covered numerous times before. We've had full weeks of this topic.

And I think you will find no-one disrespected the callers, just the incompetent host.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes brutal, certainly not worth any listen back whatsoever.

If you want to hear the voice of Father Marmion/Marmium/Marmy-on/Marium, then listen back. If not, don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Struggled with ‘Marmion’ again...over emphasis on the ‘ion’ bit.

That’s the auld Doob for ya...cannot handle any kind of unusual name.

Frank Lambert..

Johnny Flarretty..

Did you Audder de peeesas.

That’s the auld Doob.... shot to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Now we know what happened to those corgi bitches
    Queen is given two new corgi puppies

Not judging by the comments here.

Sometimes it's appropriate to lay-off the usual and repetitive comments.

I totally agree two wheels good, and I'll go further and I WILL actually judge the comments here......

Part of the upper middle class.
    PieOhMy wrote: »
    I hope he calls barry 'petal' to sign off. Hes sick of princess
    David Norris' twin brother?
    Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I was a good looking, beautiful boy, cursed with a sense of modesty.
    9ab8ecc1259f35eed0bd42814d258640250a3de8

Congratulations guys. Over 40 years ago a young boy left a school because he was bullied. He phoned into a live radio show to discuss his experience in the hands of a gross pedophile.

Guess what happened 40 years later? Some cowards, some absolute dim-wits- but mostly, some bullies, successfully bullied this very person all over again.

Don't even think of defending the above posts- they're absolutely taking the piss out of that caller- they're not directed a Joe, the programme in general, the producers, or RTE- they're directed at that caller.

You're a pack of gutless useless idiots with the predatory instincts so similar to the bullying behaviours outlined in the last 2 days radio show.

Wave your ban hammer all you want Catmaniac- but it remains you're a disgrace to this forum. Your actions are indefensible .

withless wrote: »
    All you have to do is keep listening and you will change your mind. I suspect you wont though.

We will be here every day to help you shoulder de buuuuuurden if you do.

?

Witless

Sadly the subject is only too familiar to some of us. A colleague later committed suicide after childhood rape.

It's not all about you.

It has been covered numerous times before. We've had full weeks of this topic.

And I think you will find no-one disrespected the callers, just the incompetent host.

Full weeks? 2-3 days more like.

Not a single comment expressing any concern or sympathy about the content or callers. But juvenile comments about the noises off.
    The shortcomings of the host need to be overlooked on ocassion.

EDIT I didn't mention disrespect. But actually that word will do too.

• Advertisement

Mod - Yes indeed, ban hammer has been employed in view of backseat moderation & abuse. 2 long duration forum bans have been applied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement