Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    I wasn't listening today but this looks like a good starting point. . Day 2 of the assembly of a monstrosity of a fcukin wardrobe, the delivery and assembly of which could fill 20 minutes of LL.

I can think of better places to stick my tongue.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Joe always does a balancing act regarding the RC church

yesterday he put the boot in - next week he'll do an item full of praise for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Why is joe feasting on Marmion but not a word about McClean a week ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Why is joe feasting on Marmion but not a word about McClean a week ago?

Yeah I made this point. I guess the reason for no coverage is that the journalist who is getting the credit for having brought the story to light and having encouraged the people taking the case against McClean is also the person who has recently been protesting against Joe Duffy and RTE.

RTE would rather ignore the victims of John McClean rather than give any positive coverage to Gemma O'Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,287 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah I made this point. I guess the reason for no coverage is that the journalist who is getting the credit for having brought the story to light and having encouraged the people taking the case against McClean is also the person who has recently been protesting against Joe Duffy and RTE.

RTE would rather ignore the victims of John McClean rather than give any positive coverage to Gemma O'Doherty.

Its already been pointed out that RTE have covered the McClean case in detail.
    I know one of the men praised Gemma O Doherty after the case concluded...because I saw it on the RTE news...
    RTE are not ignoring it.

Joe Duffy covers what he likes seemingly there is very little rhyme or reason (or caller lead anything on his show imo).

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Its already been pointed out that RTE have covered the McClean case in detail.

Yeah but we're talking about RTE in general we are talking specifically about the topics that are discussed on Liveline and John McClean has not been covered on this. It's not that there was no coverage of sexual abuse, there are days and days of coverage of sexual abuse any time such a story arises - lets be honest Joe Duffy loves these types of stories. But there has been a decision somewhere in there not to discuss this particular sex abuse case.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,287 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah but we're talking about RTE in general we are talking specifically about the topics that are discussed on Liveline and John McClean has not been covered on this. It's not that there was no coverage of sexual abuse, there are days and days of coverage of sexual abuse any time such a story arises - lets be honest Joe Duffy loves these types of stories. But there has been a decision somewhere in there not to discuss this particular sex abuse case.

Then stop saying things like the below imo
    "RTE would rather ignore"
    Say Joe Duffy....he isn't the entirety of RTE.

RTE haven't ignored it...they have covered it a lot.

Joe Duffy hasn't but that is one man/show.
    He covers random nonsense or whatever he fancies.
    How many episodes did he drag the miss ireland out to for example. He has now decided to cover an abusive/paedo priest (but that is seemingly more down to Tom Doorley writing about it than anything else).
    Like I say it's whatever takes his fancy seemingly, to imply that RTE aren't covering the McClean thing due to Gemma O Doherty being involved to some degree is just not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Ronan is gas playing 'wuurkin noine ta foive' just before joe does the fantasy promo.

500 miles now - I've watched the 'Live Eight' version of it on YouTube recently, top class!

Fr Marmion, de paedo priest, again

Calls on vaccines. 100 year old unable to get to GP and he won't come to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Victims and survivors of joseph marmion.

Clip from yesterday.

When will he be disinterred and removed?

Vaccines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

More about Fr. Marmalade.

Vaccines. A young wan of 100 who can't get the vaccine.

Yawnfest promised

• Registered Users Posts: 81,735 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

T'day...
    Fiddler Of Boyiz Part II
    Vaccines, a 100 year old chisler can't go to GP, GP can't go to chisler, solution needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Today?

The studio has been hosed down like a parlor after milking and joe is ready to go again. His perverse interest in the abuse of children continues.

Vaccine rollout. Joe has no interest in this when there is details of abuse to grunt and groan over. I wont be listening but if it looks like the topic has moved on from the thread to Pansy scams I might be back!

T'day...
    Fiddler Of Boyiz Part II
    Vaccines, a 100 year old chisler can't go to GP, GP can't go to chisler, solution needed.

There used to be these things called taxis. Could one be resurrected for the 100 year old chisler?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Victims and survivors of joseph Marmalade.

This thread is a support group for victims and survivors of Joe Duffy.

M

There used to be these things called taxis. Could one be resurrected for the 100 year old chisler?

And likely has one of these annoying nagging bollix children who make about 100 calls to the HSE, TD's, media outlets about it where it ends up it's just less hassle to stop 50 people getting vaccinated on a single day to provide a Rolleds Royce individual one on one service to this person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

They just cut from a feature on a paedophile in a secondary school to a song called "youre 16, you're beautiful and you're mine"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On today's show...
    • Still milking the hell out of the misery of Fr Marmion, who is buried up in Glasnevin where he may be plotting to molest the bodies of the chisselurs of the Rising... AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!!!!! We hear from a caller who may or may not have rang up to suggest this and that they wants him disinterred; shovels will not be provided.

hqdefault.jpg

• We hear from a centurion who's doctor won't come and inject her. And her with a medical card and all!

• Doubtless some more claptrap from Joe's mates.

• Some more buke references.

All this and less just after that Dobbo yoke goes home when the littde hand get to the nein....

And likely has one of these annoying nagging bollix children who make about 100 calls to the HSE, TD's, media outlets about it where it ends up it's just less hassle to stop 50 people getting vaccinated on a single day to provide a Rolleds Royce individual one on one service to this person.

Could the GP not get a blow dart and administer the vaccine through the letter box?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

On today's show...
    • Still milking the hell out of the misery of Fr Marmion, who is buried up in Glasnevin where he may be plotting to molest the bodies of the chisselurs of the Rising... AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!!!!! We hear from a caller who may or may not have rang up to suggest this and that they wants him disinterred; shovels will not be provided.

hqdefault.jpg

• We hear from a centurion who's doctor won't come and inject her. And her with a medical card and all!

• Doubtless some more claptrap from Joe's mates.

• Some more buke references.

THANK

YOU

FOR

THE

SERVICE

SO TO SPEAK

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

dvcireland wrote: »
    THANK

YOU

FOR

THE

SERVICE

SO TO SPEAK

Wash yizzer hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I hope RTÉ and Herr Duffy dissect the behaviour of their own contractors (when that case concludes) in the same way they do outsiders.

#JustSayin’

News just in from Gordon Elliott, in a rather Shakespearean judgement, the IHRA have decided that the only fitting punishment is to have a dead horse sit on Gordon Elliott.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,958 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Barry the Princess has been booked for next funny Friday

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That's great for those folks in that village, it does make me smile hearing about the older folk getting sorted.

M

pc7 wrote: »
    That's great for those folks in that village, it does make me smile hearing about the older folk getting sorted.

They should let those out to the pubs who have been vaccinated for a well deserved session on May bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,958 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

No doubt Michael Healy Rae will be taking the credit

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

They should let those out to the pubs who have been vaccinated for a well deserved session on May bank holiday weekend.

In fairness when this sh!t show is over its going to be some party, absolutely EPIC! Roaring 20's won't have a patch on us. :D

In fairness when this sh!t show is over its going to be some party, absolutely EPIC! Roaring 20's won't have a patch on us. :D

I expect full on orgies in the streets. Coppers will be like Moulin Rouge.

• Advertisement

Gordon Elliott meeting held at an undisclosed location for fear of an angry mob of horses showing up and throwing bricks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement