Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,284 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

bigroad wrote: »
    If they make Joe an employee of Rte he will pay about 200k on tax and prsi.

Ha ha good enough for him.
    Or they could get rid of him and get in Katie for probably less that 1/4 of the cost?
    I know which I would prefer...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/rte-offers-staff-contracts-to-81-freelancers-and-self-employed-contractors-after-revenue-raised-concerns-40155710.html

Its telling that 78/81 already accepted....let's do the same with "the talent" pretty sure no one else will be beating a path to sign them up!

gmisk wrote: »
    Or they could get rid of him and get in Katie for probably less that 1/4 of the cost?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/rte-offers-staff-contracts-to-81-freelancers-and-self-employed-contractors-after-revenue-raised-concerns-40155710.html

PBH please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Its telling that 78/81 already accepted....let's do the same with "the talent" pretty sure no one else will be beating a path to sign them up!

Staff offered such terms by RTÉ will be regular staff who fulfil regular duties for them. The likes of sound ops, news room staff, some presenters, camera crews, make up artists, floor and light ops, researcher/producers etc.

To be fair here, at least RTÉ is addressing it albeit under probable duress and a threat of being taken to legal task over same. Media is notorious for exploiting talent under bogus self employee terms and has been for years now. I know of somebody who worked full time in a Dublin radio station for 15+ years under bogus self employment terms; no holiday or sick leave days, having to invoice and account for all hours billed, no invites to staff parties or receiving gifts or bonuses or perks and so on. One Friday they were told that they were being replaced from Monday, ironically by a newly appointed staffer. Try to form they were called back in a day later to be asked to train the new person in.....

In the case of Duffy and Tubs and so on, they are on a supplier contract with their holding firm. This allows them to earn wage offer that's outside of the RTÉ pay grade structures. What RTÉ "pays" them is what they actually pay out to Claddagh Green or Tubs Inc or whatever Ltd that they have. It also saves RTÉ on pension, PRSI and other employer salary costs while it lets the staff to earn their other bits n bobs, or new bukes.

PS I'd rather Katie Hannon as well, cheaper or otherwise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,284 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Staff offered such terms by RTwill be regular staff who fulfil regular duties for them. The likes of sound ops, news room staff, some presenters, camera crews, make up artists, floor and light ops, researcher/producers etc.

To be fair here, at least RTis addressing it albeit under probable duress and a threat of being taken to legal task over same. Media is notorious for exploiting talent under bogus self employee terms and has been for years now. I know of somebody who worked full time in a Dublin radio station for 15+ years under bogus self employment terms; no holiday or sick leave days, having to invoice and account for all hours billed, no invites to staff parties or receiving gifts or bonuses or perks and so on. One Friday they were told that they were being replaced from Monday, ironically by a newly appointed staffer. Try to form they were called back in a day later to be asked to train the new person in.....

In the case of Duffy and Tubs and so on, they are on a supplier contract with their holding firm. This allows them to earn wage offer that's outside of the RTpay grade structures. What RT"pays" them is what they actually pay out to Claddagh Green or Tubs Inc or whatever Ltd that they have. It also saves RTon pension, PRSI and other employer salary costs while it lets the staff to earn their other bits n bobs, or new bukes.

PS I'd rather Katie Hannon as well, cheaper or otherwise :pac:
    I used to work in IT as a contractor so I get the basics alright, a contractor will also tend to make a lot more than a permanent member of staff (in my experience) but of course you lose those benefits.
    I would pay to not attend staff parties tbh....

The cheek of asking them to train the replacement!

We defo agree on Katie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

dvcireland wrote: »
    1406934075448_wps_3_THE_late_comedian_Dick_Em.jpg

"oh you're awful...but i do like you"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

shearforce wrote: »
    Joe would love to appear on a stamp, could hear it in his voice

Just imagine having to lick Joe, so to speak.

I think a classic coin might be more appropriate for this stellar example of Irish wurking class epicness. I think we all know a coin selling operation that might be interested in "dealing" with our hero

Part of the upper middle class.

Ah Cat thought you would be identifying with him there😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any gold today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Any gold today?

Duffy at his prurient worst, wringing excruciating sexual abuse details from victims of the “evil” Marmion.

Only one “evil” though, so not as bad as the “evil, evil” Cork duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Corgi Breeder coming up on 6 o'clock news

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

Any gold today?

Tough going. Real evil discussed today.

Last 6/7 minutes; according to Joe "all the time in the world". Upper Middle Class Barry who in his own words was a beaudiful, beaudiful boy had potential

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

dvcireland wrote: »
    Corgi Breeder coming up on 6 o'clock news

Looked like a fairly professional set up! I thought it was going to be a normal back garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Looked like a fairly professional set up! I thought it was going to be a normal back garden!

Did she have a Jameson in one hand and an AK47 in the other?

Clon63 wrote: »
    Ah Cat thought you would be identifying with him there😀😀

Ah now, I might be up in doze echelons by naturalisation so to speak, but without doze extreme pretensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

PieOhMy wrote: »

We were watching it here and I was telling them about her being on LL the other day.

Everybody thought she should have one or two little mongrel terriers about the place to alert her to any undesirables.

There'll be the odd false alarm when a poor hedgehog wanders into the garden or rather I should say compound but a small price to pay for those butiful butiful little Corgi's.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    We were watching it here and I was telling them about her being on LL the other day.

Everybody thought she should have one or two little mongrel terriers about the place to alert her to any undesirables.

There'll be the odd false alarm when a poor hedgehog wanders into the garden or rather I should say compound but a small price to pay for those butiful butiful little Corgi's.

She is the proper type of breeder I always urge people who have a genuine desire to have a particular breed to purchase from. There is no profit to be made from hobby breeding, it is purely for the love of the dogs. Owners/breeders have a serious emotional attachment to their animals and there's serious personal inter-friendship support in breed clubs which I've witnessed in my teens. It's a hugely different world to puppy farms, my whole teen-hood was based on dog training/showing/breeding and what an emotional rollercoaster it was, but what a great teenhood I had.

Just going on a regular evening walk, just found meself a tad beyond de 5 kilometre limit so to speak. Faaaader forgive new, so to speak, for my grievous sins.

Friend of the show Holly Carpenter discussing the REAL issues on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Holly0910/status/1367250519799062533?s=20

ABSOLUTELY NOT attention-seeking at all. :rolleyes:

Duffy at his prurient worst, wringing excruciating sexual abuse details from victims of the “evil” Marmion.

Only one “evil” though, so not as bad as the “evil, evil” Cork duo.

Would he not look closer to home so to speak for dat kinda stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Would he not look closer to home so to speak for dat kinda stuff?

In Ballyer? Shriek

Sure none of that guff goes on there.

• Advertisement

In Ballyer? Shriek

Sure none of that guff goes on there.

No, RTE caller. Where truth matters, but not if it concerns any staff parties or the (alleged) behaviour of contractors so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

zell12 wrote: »
    BNFazmLrXLSzuEM-800x450-noPad.jpg

a very, very sophisiticated scam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

She is the proper type of breeder I always urge people who have a genuine desire to have a particular breed to purchase from. There is no profit to be made from hobby breeding, it is purely for the love of the dogs. Owners/breeders have a serious emotional attachment to their animals and there's serious personal inter-friendship support in breed clubs which I've witnessed in my teens. It's a hugely different world to puppy farms, my whole teen-hood was based on dog training/showing/breeding and what an emotional rollercoaster it was, but what a great teenhood I had.

She may not be registered as a Dog breeder as she only has 3 dogs. Hobby breeder and trainer of the Cardigan Corgi's perhaps and her main business seems to be dog and cat boarding kennels.

I'm gonna hazard a guess Cat and guess it was Yorkshire terriors or Scotties you used to breed.

Ah jaysus my hands are frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    She may not be registered as a Dog breeder as she only has 3 dogs. Hobby breeder and trainer of the Cardigan Corgi's perhaps and her main business seems to be dog and cat boarding kennels.

I'm gonna hazard a guess Cat and guess it was Yorkshire terriors or Scotties you used to breed.

She was on local radio today..had to turn duffy off !. She's a right pain in the hole. Thinks of dogs and children in the same light ??. Went on and on about her house/ breeding area.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bishop Casey was due to confer me, just before his sudden departure to the US to live with his house keeper. The shock! The scandal!

A few lads my age said a certain parish priest did worse to them during Confession, then a man going off to live with a woman.

Local joke at the time.

Did you hear confirmation in Nenagh is cancelled on Saturday?

No.. Why?

The bishop can't get a babysitter.
    Anybody remember Bro. Keegan in CBS Westland Row? I had nightmares about that vicious animal.

No but I remember Bro Creevy in Nenagh CBS. Wielded the strap like a man possesed. Could wield the other thing too. I was lucky enough to have been in 6th class when he arrived as headmaster to teach 5th class. Last I heard he was in Jail for offences committed before he came to Nenagh. From what I saw and know he should be in there forever

His chalice wurk was excellent.

It's all in the wrists.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

De pyramid scam has featured on The Journal today, Liveline has slipped up in bringing the listeners the latest sophisticated scams in the wurdled...
    leaf-2-390x285.jpg
    https://www.thejournal.ie/flower-leaf-pyramid-scheme-people-warned-5372239-Mar2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

She was on local radio today..had to turn duffy off !. She's a right pain in the hole. Thinks of dogs and children in the same light ??. Went on and on about her house/ breeding area.

I wonder who she is related to as she seems to have good access to the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bigroad wrote: »
    I wonder who she is related to as she seems to have good access to the media.

Could be her daughter,she's a breeder in dubland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Disagrees with caller starts roaring at him

I wasn't listening today but this looks like a good starting point. . Day 2 of the assembly of a monstrosity of a fcukin wardrobe, the delivery and assembly of which could fill 20 minutes of LL.
    His big thick neck side profile like the queen....a real collectors item...eugh

I can think of better places to stick my tongue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement