Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Options

Comments

Interesting opinion snippet I came across in AskAboutMoney...

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/anyone-going-on-joe-duffy-should-get-media-training-as-they-will-be-devoured-by-media-savvy-joe.222244/
    Leper you’re not in any way insulting. It’s better BB knows how he comes across. You’re bang on the button about media training. Many people think Joe Duffy is a buffoon, he’s anything but. He’s a master media talent and very manipulative. He and his team know exactly how to push the buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

And no doubt RTE (or rather us, Taxpayers and License fee payers) - rather than Mr. Duffy personally - will have to "pony up" for the compensation award.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And no doubt RTE (or rather us, Taxpayers and License fee payers) - rather than Mr. Duffy personally - will have to "pony up" for the compensation award.

Would be fun so to speak if de public could still attend the court, not sure if they are shut to the public for Covid, would be an interesting day out to see the workings of de law :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Would be fun so to speak if de public could still attend the court, not sure if they are shut to the public for Covid, would be an interesting day out to see the workings of de law :D

I'm sure there'd have to be a token person or two, like witnesses at a wedding.

• Advertisement

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    MLC ??? caller.

Who?

You can attend some courts at the moment virtually so to speak caller. Don't ask me de application process or anything like that as to how one attends, but de facility does exist. It's how journalists for example are reporting on de courts at de moment, and I know members of de public are watching too and dat.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Who?

Was about to ask de same question caller. TYFYS.

Was about to ask de same question caller. TYFYS.

Memo *knows* people you and I don't know, so to speak.

Maria Bailey gold on BOC now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

This is the most petty and personal attack on a soft target. RTE really should be ashamed of themselves.

They don't want to cover the Terenure College story because Gemma O'Doherty was specifically thanked by the victims on RTE News. If they allow the victims to come on air now, there is a chance that they might do the same on his show and he can't have that.

I think they have to be afraid that someone will ring up and say, "I was in Clongowes/Blackrock/Gonzaga in the 70s Joe and old Brother X used to ..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Videos of a protest on grafton street turning ugly going around. Wonder if it will make it onto the show on monday? Clearly the dublin city aspect will appeal to the great ape but he only has eyes for lindsay at the moment.

Al because wimin who have Childers can’t be in Miss Ireland. It’s a disgrace.

The natives are revolting.

So are the peeple from outside Dubalin.....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Al because wimin who have Childers can’t be in Miss Ireland. It’s a disgrace.

I naturally assumed when I heard about the riot today that it was the ‘indignant’ people expressing their disgust at the activities of the evil EVIL pair of criminal solicitors from Cark...............or is that one scheduled for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Who?

I think I meant Mid-loife crisis the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Tell me about it... specially down clontarf direction

Like Kathryn Thomas/her mother, I narrowly avoided being in the tick of dat. Being a beautiful day, and full of the joys and energy of life, I decided to walk through town rather attempt LUAS travel (also cutting down risk) and avoided driving as I was going a bit outside limit without it being essential, so to speak, and didn't want to be explaining myself and dat. Then as I was trying to find a nice "quiet" place outdoors in the docks area for a bit of golden sunshine, I noticed there were absolutely dozens (maybe over 100) of young happy sallow people speaking Portuguese with a South American accent. (And no, I'm definEYEtely not racist in case anybody again wants to report me for being so). We honestly didn't blame them, but noticed that they were "hiding" from view in the quietest corners, aware that they were in super-spreading mode. All de guards were in Grafton Street area, not one guard around docks, not that there are ever any of them here anyway.

This area, incidentally, could be like the very safe and much cleaner and almost identical Puerto Madero (I recommend to stay) area of Buenos Aires which is well patrolled by police and provides a wonderful area for tourists and locals alike, who like to stroll through the evening with their families and dogs.

Attached Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires. What our docks area should ideally be like.

Watching the Van Tulleken twin doctors on the Bee Bee Cee. Always love their documentaries, great communicators and always very informative. The twin whackers from Rathcoole (on Liveline, to do medicine)have something of this future ahead, in their own way. I just bet we will hear much about them in 10 years time when they are recently established doctors, they will have their own brand of whacker-doctor medicine show on RTÉ which will be built upon over the years. Could be very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Never mind the ne’er do wells rioting in the unadulterated kip, Duffy will probably run with this instead. After all, it concerns his great pal Mannix Flynn:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/order-halting-works-on-sandymount-cycleway-issued-by-high-court-1.4495901?localLinksEnabled=false

On a side note, does anyone know anything that Mannix Flynn is in favour of? He seems to oppose pretty much everything.

Never mind the ne’er do wells rioting in the unadulterated kip, Duffy will probably run with this instead. After all, it concerns his great pal Mannix Flynn:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/order-halting-works-on-sandymount-cycleway-issued-by-high-court-1.4495901?localLinksEnabled=false

On a side note, does anyone know anything that Mannix Flynn is in favour of? He seems to oppose pretty much everything.

I'm kinda fuming about Sandymount plans. Yes I believe cyclists should be very much accommodated, but I also believe that, given the right spend, the Sandymount sea front could be very much extended in girth to accommodate all very well. FFS there is huge potential to expand onto the tidal area, a new beach created etc etc etc.

Of course I'm invested in this as it is my pro art escape route to north-east Doobalin, an area important to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I'm kinda fuming about Sandymount plans. Yes I believe cyclists should be very much accommodated, but I also believe that, given the right spend, the Sandymount sea front could be very much extended in girth to accommodate all very well. FFS there is huge potential to expand onto the tidal area, a new beach created etc etc etc.

Of course I'm invested in this as it is my pro art escape route to north-east Doobalin, an area important to me.

+1 but that would only be pro cycling and wouldnt be anti car.

Mr Keegan wouldnt get many thrills from dat

0lddog wrote: »
    +1 but that would only be pro cycling and wouldnt be anti car.

Mr Keegan wouldnt get many thrills from dat

Yes, though I'm not a cyclist simply because of physicality issues, as a motorist I am hugely respectful of cyclists and will hold back for any time on country roads etc to give safe space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Not forgetting de horses on de country roads

( note change of topic in case a plague of lycra clad locusts from nearby descends on the thread )

( note change of topic in case a plague of lycra clad locusts from nearby descends on the thread )

I looove windy country roads, where in my calm hybrid motor i potter about, learn a huge amount from passing by and greeting people with wk die down as I pass. A Dooob making myself well at home down rural lanes, where so much of our country can be comprehended.

All I can say is Dooobalin is an unadulterated kip.
    There are FAR too few people employed in emptying bins for a start, but of course also an abysmal culture of throwing rubbish down where it is not convenient to carry it home. As a kid I was trained to carry all my rubbish home in my pocket, and all too often has them stuffed beyond my mother's memory to empty them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What they should do is build 2 cycle lanes along the shoreline (fook the wildlife, the place is a sewagised kip unfit even for even wild animals) and that would please everyone.

Yes, though I'm not a cyclist simply because of physicality issues, as a motorist I am hugely respectful of cyclists and will hold back for any time on country roads etc to give safe space.

Country roads are no place for cityfolk. Local roads for local people and all that.

• Advertisement

Country roads are no place for cityfolk. Local roads for local people and all that.

I actually loooove pottering down country lanes with window lowered, greeting locals with a loud "hellooo" as I pass. I'm very far from the typical Dooob who hers across de motorways. In fact I probably know more back lanes than any Dooob in de country. The things one comes across are a sight to behold and seriously enhance this imaginative mind if mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement