Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

And who cooks the food for the prisoners over there?

hqdefault.jpg

Queen Bea?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"Well that was a highly informative and educational show"

......said no-one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

We should make a Boards persona, back story the works and try mix in Shaw, the solicitors, working in the HSE, where's my Vaccine (nama) and get one of us to ring in! Would make the show more enjoyable.

I would just loooove to know what EXACTLY his personal beef is with those/any particular solicitors. He just can't hide it.

I wunder did day outbid him on ANOTHER holiday home, dis toyme in West Cork so to speak?

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Isn't there plenty of work for these retired nurses in the Private Nursing homes if they want to work.

Now that would be work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would just loooove to know what EXACTLY his personal beef is with those/any particular solicitors. He just can't hide it.

Somebody in the Duffy clan is after getting roasted

pc7 wrote: »
    Ringing from the Mars Perseverance Rover by the sounds of it

Listening to this program is an exercise in Perseverance.

He’s been in a serious foul mood for weeks now whatever is up with him.

I suspect piles.

We should make a Boards persona, back story the works and try mix in Shaw, the solicitors, working in the HSE, where's my Vaccine (nama) and get one of us to ring in! Would make the show more enjoyable.

From time to time I have been very tempted to phone in over this or that about which I got exercised, so to speak, but I have a tendency to giggle, and very especially when I would know there would be a response here. Joe would smell a rat immediately. I did phone in once, September 2009, just after Frank Deasy was on - poor man doyed shortly after, but I have dat effect so to speak. They did actually check the line, check my radio was off, and kept me listening to the show throughout. I was second last caller to speak, and someone listening in said I came in particularly loudly. All my life have been told to lower my voyis, but it came in very clearly on Air Traffic Control airwaves... especially one day when I had to call out "Bravo Juliet Short Final Zero Niner, departing aircraft abort roll, abort roll!" A near collision with a cousin I never met was avoided.

• Advertisement

I suspect piles.

He should have my surgery, would cure dat foreva

I suspect piles.

I think it’s more a case of he is a pain in the hole, rather than he has one so to speak.

I suspect piles.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866fd12a39bcebb59ae2759ca0d25c78accb675990&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

He's definitely got an agenda of his own against the bad evil evil Cork solicitors.
    I'd love to know what it is, will come to light someday no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What was that case about? I suppose it’s too much to hope that it was for defrauding the Irish taxpayers out of €400k per annum for the last 20 years!

sligojoek wrote: »
    That link goes to a dead page.

The attachment shows the basic filing of a case anyway. Will continue nosing around.

The attachment shows the basic filing of a case anyway. Will continue nosing around.

Another clipping from the filing...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Roger_007 wrote: »
    What was that case about? I suppose it’s too much to hope that it was for defrauding the Irish taxpayers out of €400k per annum for the last 20 years!

I'd assume it's this....
    SINN FÉIN TD Donnchadh Ó Laoghaire has launched defamation proceedings against RTÉ and presenter Joe Duffy over comments made on the radio programme Liveline.

The High Court legal proceedings were issued yesterday. Ó Laoghaire, Sinn Féin’s education spokesman and a TD for Cork South-Central, is being represented by Damien Sheridan solicitors.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/donnchadh-o-laoghaire-alleged-defamation-case-rte-joe-duffy-5161770-Jul2020/

• Advertisement

Why am I the only one to thank this?

We need an actor for the voice, like the fella who was able to impersonate Gay Byrbe RIP years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I couldn't do it I would start laughing at him half way through

It takes real skill to be a wind up artist

This is on record as the very big firm of solicitors he used to take the action when he suffered the accident:

https://www.matheson.com/people

This is on record as the very big firm of solicitors he used to take the action when he suffered the accident:

https://www.matheson.com/people

Man of de peeple? Give me a break. Matheson are not solicitors for de masses and dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,915 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Roger_007 wrote: »
    You will expunge that remark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Now that would be work.

Not interested in the work, obviously.
    Very interested in 60 yo-yos ( the published going rate) for two little jabs. Not hard to figure .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

MLC ??? caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Sorry this post is about 4 hours late!

Why am I the only one to thank this?

We need an actor for the voice, like the fella who was able to impersonate Gay Byrbe RIP years ago.

In my younger days I was able to trick people in this way, taking Mike Murphy's hidden camera as inspiration. I fooled my next door neighbour when I knocked on the door dressed as a beggar looking for money and food. At home we had two phones for business use, so this was a godsend to be able to trick family/visitors. I would go on the upstairs phone and make the downstairs one ring. I once sent my mother into a total tizzy when I pretended to be her friend from Birmingham (whom she very rarely saw), telling her the daughter had paid for a flight over for her birthday, and that a hotel couldn't be found. My mother was just running out the door to a neighbouring b&b to see could she be put up when I had to shout "Mum.... it's me!". Sadly I don't think I could pull it off now, and I would be far too self conscious and would end up quickly out of character so to speak.

• Advertisement

Not interested in the work, obviously.
    Very interested in 60 yo-yos ( the published going rate) for two little jabs. Not hard to figure .

I'd be interested in dat too. I can give injections; used to give my mother (with very little muscle) intra-muscular vitamin B12 injections and injected myself in the abdomen with bioligic medication in an attempt to treat the colitis, but too many intra-abdominal inflammatory adhesions had already built up literally strangling attempts to get it right. I became quite the expert with the needle so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement