Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventures with radiators

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭CoBo55

listermint wrote: »
    I did offer him a solution. It was to call the guy he handed a load of money over back to finish the job properly.

He shouldn't have to fix it himself after handing over money

Or is that something you think he should do?

Yes, if it gets heat into the room. Does nobody do anything themselves anymore? Just sit in the freezing cold waiting for "The Man" to call...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Yes, if it gets heat into the room. Does nobody do anything themselves anymore? Just sit in the freezing cold waiting for "The Man" to call...

Irony of asking in a DIY forum does nobody do anything themselves anymore ...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭CoBo55

listermint wrote: »
    Irony of asking in a DIY forum does nobody do anything themselves anymore ...

:)

Says the man telling him to wait in the cold until "The Man" calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Right. so What I ended up doing was turning of all the rads except the sitting room one, It took a little while but it did heat up fully, then I turned back on the Kitchen and downstairs hall, left the LSV open only a quarter turn and left the LSV in the sitting room fully open. When the hall and the kitchen were on, the sitting room went cold again

So I turned off the Hall one and left the sitting room and kitchen rads turned on and both heated up fine
    This worked fine for the last 2 days, but for some reason this morning, the sitting room radiator woudn't heat up again

So I turned on the hall one again,and now all 3 are hot

I think the place is feckin haunted

Thinking about it right now, there is a 4th rad downstairs which I think is the last one in the system before the Boiler, Maybe this one is causing all the issues, we usually have it turned fully off cause the house is normally really warm with just the other 3 downstairs rads turned on

In regards to Pat, we can't actually have him call over now because the whole house has been in quarantine since Tuesday because of a positive Covid test. We had already been restricting our movements when I started this thread which was the main reason I decided to do it myself instead of just calling the plumber at the beginning

Can't have anyone in the house unless it's an emergency until 17th of Feb at the earliest

I know, it sounds like I'm making it up now but I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I want to know more about these ghosts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Look up balancing the system.

Basically turn all rads off, then turn the exit valve down too.....

The rads that always heat you only open a small amount and the ones with trouble heating open up more.

Advertisement