Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood Houses

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tribbiani

I went to the launch today, and there was quite a crowd, all thanks to the 2-bed duplexes going for under 500k. I booked a 3-bed house, but just read your comment about the under-stairs coming with a water tank. I plan to double-check with the agent tomorrow. Appreciate the heads-up!

By the way, any other useful details I should be aware of? I've booked an end terrace on Castle Street, a bit unhappy about the north-east facing garden but on the flip side, I'll have a clear view from the front with lots of sun in the living room. Only thing is, it's on the main road – not sure if that'll be a bother. Parking's out the back, but there's a garden door. Feeling a bit unsure!

Post edited by tribbiani on

Also, when did you get the contracts after paying the booking deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

I paid the deposit way back in 2021 and got the house in dec 2023 🤣.. i think contracts were like 6 months after we paid deposit but at that time things were moving very slowly so not sure what the timelines are these days.

I think other than the watertank issue, I’m pretty happy with the house. There aftercare is not great (not great when handing over houses, didn't show us how everything works like water valves, electricity connections, where the internet connection goes, walk through of appliances etc) but that’s for after you get the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Aren't you supposed to use the Luas if buying in Cherrywood?

That may not be feasible for you though?

@ManUnited123 woah that's really slow! But good to know you're happy with the house.

The agent told us the contracts are ready to go and will be sent as soon as we pay the booking deposit. I'm still unsure about the house. Not getting the desired orientation even at this price is hard to digest. But I guess there are other things that make up for it. Let's see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

I thought I registered for appointment probably in 2min of getting the email but never got appointment .

How many Duplex and apartments were for sale , I thought they were selling duplex off plan

I likes the design of duplex myself , whats up with the garage space is it shared between the two occupants ?

I hope to book in cherrylane in next launch

It was viewing by appointment at first but they changed it to open viewing I guess so didn’t matter, there were many people who came without appointment.

I heard one of the agents mentioning there were only 4 duplexes available for sale this weekend and yes they were being sold off plans. Not sure about the garage space. You could give them a call and ask about this and the next launch as well. Also keep following up to be up to date about the viewings

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Please note it is not appropriate to share Whatsapp/Snapchat or similar links here.

Thankyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

Thinking of buying in CW based on HUGE Shopping centre. Land approve changes in past and proposed now, may result in a dense urban estate. We may not see MODERN HUGE Retail space as claimed by adverts. Not an expert. Just a guess.

https://dlrcoco.citizenspace.com/transportation/cherrywood-town-centre-environs-review/supporting_documents/DLR_Cherrywood%20Town%20Centre%20and%20Environs%20Review%20Final.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

its a good location with access to public transport and also 10 mins drive to the seaside...however not sure how it will pan out with so many apartments being built

• Advertisement
Advertisement