Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood Houses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭frank730

hi guys, does anyone know how to find info on how many/where social houses have been allocated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sherryLane

Hey Frank, try to let go this "how many social houses in the area" fear in your house buying decision. It won't get you anywhere i'd say. People on the social housing are still people that want to live among people. If you read other forums and threads regarding new estates this question and fear will persist in discussions, and after 2-3 years after the thread was opened and people still giving feedbacks I didnt see anyone giving a bad feedback on the social house residents, which means they are just blending in the community or it is just the simple fact that they are families on low income. And as might know already all new estates will come with social houses. I hope someone else can can bring in more arguments

Post edited by sherryLane on

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cessee

Need to ask the selling agents. But even if they tell you honestly, it could change after you move in (could be more added later on). Some selling agents would also deliberately lie about this if they rushing to have all units sold out. There will be minimum 10 to 15% social house there surely, or more. I was there earlier for 2nd phase viewing, bit expensive for what the houses are.

Interestingly, i walked back to Laughanstown luas and found a small but whole estate of social housing (one at Luisine Street in google) that will be adjacent to future phases of Cherrywood vill. I thought for a second, they could be refugees as i briefly chatted to a resident, he hardly speaks english. Could be wrong, could be just social housing. Cant find info from internet so far.

Also while i was waiting for luas, i noticed majority of people waiting there too seem to be from a rough neighborhood (like how tallaght peepz look). I was thinking Ballybrack was the nearest rough area but there must be another one closer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 topal

If you search the planning for the development it's usually marked as 'Part V' .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Have a friend living in Cherrywood. Says break-ins have gone through the roof in the last 6 months or so. Gardai seem to take a long time to send someone out, if they even do send someone out on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ab8808

Where does your friend exactly live in cherrywood? Tullyvale?

coz I live in the new estate and we have had no such incidents, never heard of any such incidents in our estate or nearby even.

He lives in the Mercer area. I was there a couple of weeks ago when a garda car came by and himself and his next door neighbor were discussing whether they should walk over and ask them whats the point in turning up today when it happened yesterday. They didnt go over though.

That was just one isolated incident a month back and those were probably some kids. Nothing was stolen, no house was broken into. Don’t know why would they say breaks in have gone through the roof.

I thought you said nothing ever happened.

You said <QUOTE>"coz I live in the new estate and we have had no such incidents, never heard of any such incidents in our estate or nearby even."</QUOTE>

yet you remember this one you are talking about, so it would see you have indeed heard of such incidents.

I think you are also talking about an even earlier incident than the one I saw, because you say a month back. I'll get you the exact date i was in his house when this incident happened. It was 26th of August. Thats not even 2 full weeks ago.

And according to himself and his neighbor that day was just the latest in a long line of breakins up to that point.

Well, i have been living here for an year now and know of only 1 incident where nothing was stolen. Again, “going through the roof” indicates that it’s happening at a very regular frequency, wondering why they did not mention to everyone in the community on our common group where everyone shares all their experiences and problems faced.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, but your recollection of the incidents is suspect. You have shown that you are denying even what you know to be true. You did say you knew of no incidents, then when i pointed out one to you you suddenly knew about that one.

You have gone from knowing of no such incidents, to knowing of only one, in a couple of posts. I seem to know of more than you do and i dont even live there.

Yes, I admit I am a human and sometimes things do slip off one’s mind, doesn’t mean everyone’s character is suspicious. Relax, no need to start catching people’s tongues. Like I said one isolated incident does not mean anything when compared to all the other incidents happening all across Dublin.

I have asked people on our group if there have been more such incidents except the one that I know of.

Glad we have that sorted then and your memory is improving from your original dodgy recollection. I just messaged my friend to ask if there have been any break-ins since and he said another person had 2 bikes stolen out of a shed there in the early hours of Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Part 5 will be 10% or maybe 20%, but I would watch for the local council buying up more properties to hand out as social housing for the no/low income families.

Similar to what is happening in Clondalkin and Limerick, in this past week or so.

I expect Cherrywood overall will end up 30% at least social housing and will basically be another Tallaght.

I wouldnt buy there personally, much better in settled established areas where social housing is minimal/non-existant, but I appreciate its a task for folks to even find an available home at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 civilservant01

Social housing isn’t the bogeyman you portray it to be I lived in apartment block with social tenants and it was fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cessee

Expecting it to be another tallaght is too much of an imagination...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sherryLane

No thanks, I've been scouting the so called "established areas" like Portmarnock, Knocklyon, Templeogue, Rathfarnham, Schollarstown or Leopardsttown and Sandyford. All these areas have indeed a reduced number of North Face and Canada goose gangs hanging around, and looks safer than Clondalkin and Ballyfermot but Cherrywood personally for me it's just different even though it doesn't have pubs and other entertaining venues, I'm more of a hiking fan together with my wife, and also I had enough of the city centre buzz after 15 years

Post edited by sherryLane on

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

Update: Cherrylane first phase scheduled to be handed over by November! Let’s see if they are true to their word this time. They told me only ESB connections are left now which would be done by November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 danielsharo

Update: I visited cherrylane today and saw electricity in the first line of houses in front of the park (show houses and the ones beside)

Also is their any whatsapp group for cherrylane owners that we can discuss easier on? if not, should we create one

Those are the showhouses, they always had electricity connections bro. It's the phase 1 i'm talking about (i.e the road which goes behind the showhouses).

Are you in phase 1? PM me and we can start a whatsapp group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 danielsharo

There was electricity as well in the houses beside the show houses as well -same line-

And I asked the workers they said electricity in in this first line of houses (tully park)

I purchased in Tully drive so should be later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SiobhanB2023

Hi all,

has anybody actually moved in yet to cherry lane?

signed contracts etc and the last update from Sherry Fitz is that the houses will be ready in Feb and that there are no delays…

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

Seems there is a new launch of apartments and Duplex in Cherry Lane , based on estimates when do you guys think they will be handed over

Has construction finished or are they booking off plans for these duplex and apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Hi @SiobhanB2023 . im in the same boat as you . SherryFitz said end of Jan maybe February . But i was walking in the estate the 2 days ago and could see at least 3-4 Large houses where people moved in (there were people and kids inside , with Christmas trees etc). In some of them some private contractors were doing floors for new owners etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Duplexes are almost finished and external construction support bars etc removed , windows installed , but insides are not done and lots of pipes and cables hanging . So i guess they are working on connecting waters and electricity and painting walls etc now .

check here for floor plans and prices etc https://quintain.ie/development/cherry-lane-launch/

Yes we have almost moved in! We have possession of the house but still waiting for beds and other furniture to be delivered to move in. We got flooring etc done already as well. I’m in Tully Drive. A bunch of other people have moved in as well on Tully Drive and Tully Park houses.

We have a whatsapp group as well incase anyone wants to be added to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SiobhanB2023

Aww thank you so much. Will join that group!

congrats on getting the house, exciting times! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rosie82

Hi all,

Considering purchasing a home in Cherrylane, there looks to be a new phase launching next Saturday 13th January. Wondering if anyone could share their experience on the day when booking a house. We don't know what to expect when purchasing a new build, especially how early to arrive etc.

Any advice appreciated, thank you!

Few suggestions:

• Arrive early, although since most of the houses don't have HTB there shouldn't be as much of a queue however you still would want to get your preferred house so arrive early. When i booked mine, we were like 6th or 7th in line and some of the houses we wanted were already booked.
    • Decide on which one house is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference. You won't have time to decide on the day. Some people prefer corner houses, some want south facing etc etc.
    • Discuss with the team what will be included in the purchase (white goods were included in ours but they told us to sign contracts within 10 days if we wanted white goods). Also ask them what differences could there be between the show house and the actual house. In ours, when we got the house we found that the understairs has a water tank so we can't use the understairs storage whereas there was nothing in the showhouses under the stairs
    • Also i think you need to have your solicitor details, your deposit and your Approval in Principle ready if you want to book the property.

That's all i can think off for now but best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

I guess the 2 beds duplex apartments are under HTB which I think will cause a huge traffic , earlier viewings only had non HTB houses for sale

Advertisement