Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockdown..Another month ahead , describe your current daily activities and plans for

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭victor8600

Make breakfast
    Work
    Setting up a table for the first Zoom call with a school teacher
    Work
    Setup second Zoom call with a school teacher
    Go for a run in the local park with the older kid
    Lunch
    Work
    Break for a walk
    Work
    Play with kids for a bit (Roblox, Minecraft, or non-computer games)
    Dinner (very late)
    Put kids to bed
    Watch Netflix
    Sleep

All the activities above are regularly interrupted by one or the other kid needing something.

• Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Shane Driscoll

Same as I did before the Kung Flu arrived, sweet FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭ablelocks

lucky to have it etc, etc, but work has been and is really busy but i make sure to start and finish on time.

do some homeschooling in the mornings - more so with younger kids than older ones. I take the view that if they were at school, i wouldn't be looking over their shoulder so why should i do it here. So far they (seem to be!) getting on fine and no reports back from teachers.

I change clothes after work and go for a walk to have a "break" between work and home life.

weekends are taken up with time with kids, long walks with dog etc.

I'd love to have the time to do more diy - there's a list of stuff to get done around the house that is only getting longer.

The only external activity is visiting the dentist - due to lack of care and attention over the years, I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the care of some very lovely and professional dentists and dental assistants who have a programme of torture treatment for me over the next 15 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I brought myself a telescope to watch my neighbours.

This you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

My place of work is closed atm, so having some kind of routine is essential for me.

I exercise. A lot. Running, walking 4-5 mile, intermediate weights etc. Great for body and mind, I feel you need that bit of hard physical activity and it helps with my mood. Try to get decent sleep.

I eat pretty clean; maybe the odd take away every two weeks or so. Have taken to following recipes on YouTube.

I write as well, mostly in the last couple of weeks. Usually kick back with a few cans of a weekend while watching a blu ray or listening to some music.

I'm also an avid collector, so the money I would spend on eating out or the pub goes back into that hobby.

I live by myself, so all of the above is essential to maintain a healthy mind, it would be very easy to slip into bad habits these days.

In any event, there is more of this behind us than ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My husband runs a construction business, I look after the admin end. So you could say I work from home, but that was the case before covid.

Have a ten and a three year old, so a lot of the day is taken up with refereeing between the two and there's a lot of crying in the corner (me that is).

Home schooling takes up a good chunk of the day too although the ten year old is quite good at getting himself started on that.

I make a point every day of showering, dressing and putting on a bit of makeup and going somewhere, even just to the local Spar. Stops me becoming too institutionalized.

Evening time I cook dinner and begin the winddown towards bed.

Rinse and repeat.

Advertisement