Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Klaus

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Christmas Vacation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Think that last one ended a while back, I counted 7 votes a good few posts ago.

So what's left?

Home Alone
    Home Alone 2
    Elf
    Christmas Vacation

At least thats my recollection... some semi final line up that!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

DvB wrote: »

So what's left?

Home Alone
    Home Alone 2
    Elf
    Christmas Vacation

That makes me really sad. Muppets aside, they're all "silly" rather than sincere Christmas films. I'm a heartstrings kinda gal and not one of these does anything for me. Oh well, no acounting for taste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Semi final today or tomorrow??

I need to plan my day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

So what's left?

Home Alone
    Home Alone 2
    Elf
    Christmas Vacation

If they are matched according to how they were matched in the quarter-finals, it will be Home Alone 2 v Elf and Home Alone v National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. If that is the case, there could be one or more Home Alone movies in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Caranica wrote: »
    That makes me really sad. Muppets aside, they're all "silly" rather than sincere Christmas films. I'm a heartstrings kinda gal and not one of these does anything for me. Oh well, no acounting for taste :D

I cried when Clarke tried the outside lights in front of the whole family and they didn't come on :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dubstepper wrote: »
    Christmas Vacation

And Vacation takes it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    Semi final today or tomorrow??

I need to plan my day :D

Semi Finals 3pm & 5pm today :)

The quarter finals couldn't have been any closer. An average of 12 votes cast for the first 3 matchups ahows just how tight those 3 games were. Klaus however got a lesson.

To Klaus' defence it was the highest seed left in the tournament so it did well to survive as long as it did. Our entire semi finalist are comprised of the top 4 seeds. But in some cases only 1 more vote would have seen them packing.

Elf survived two 1 vote matchups. The Last 16 & The Q-Finals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Elf made an amazing comeback, I thought it was a goner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Loughc wrote: »
    The quarter finals couldn't have been any closer. An average of 12 votes cast for the first 3 matchups ahows just how tight those 3 games were. Klaus however got a lesson.

To Klaus' defence it was the highest seed left in the tournament so it did well to survive as long as it did. Our entire semi finalist are comprised of the top 4 seeds. But in some cases only 1 more vote would have seen them packing.
    Elf survived two 1 vote matchups. The Last 16 & The Q-Finals.

Also have to account for the fact that Klaus is only a couple of years old. A very solid performance I think, the others have had years and years to build a good following!!

Also have to account for the fact that Klaus is only a couple of years old. A very solid performance I think, the others have had years and years to build a good following!!

Exactly, and even allowing for its recent enough release, being a netflix film not as many would have seen it anyway as those that have appeared on traditional TV channels.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Exactly, and even allowing for its recent enough release, being a netflix film not as many would have seen it anyway as those that have appeared on traditional TV channels.

Excellent points! The other movies are almost part of the fabric of Christmas while Klaus is only a baby.

Here we go...

The Final 4.

Semi-Final 1

Elf

Vs.

Home Alone 2

First to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Elf

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Home alone 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Home Alone 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Elf

2-2 neck and neck at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hone Alone 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Home Alone 2

Elf

4-3 to Home Alone 2

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Elf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Elf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

5-5!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Elf!!

• Advertisement

Elf

Advertisement