Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Buying from the UK

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Don't think they have that one here in Navan, we have Dealz, Euro Saver and Choice, will check those tomorrow. There's a Hale Vape stand in the shop centre too, will see how much they're charging per nic shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭nuttyboy79

corkie wrote: »
    Eurogiant used to sell a 4 pack of Nic Shots for a €5, don't know if they still do.

ESI sell nic shots for €1.50 each they also do 9mg shots and they also do them in PG and VG.

I'm down to 1mg ish so I find them dead handy.

https://e-smokeireland.com/product/nic-shot-vg/

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    ESI sell nic shots for €1.50 each they also do 9mg shots and they also do them in PG and VG.

I'm down to 1mg ish so I find them dead handy.

https://e-smokeireland.com/product/nic-shot-vg/

Yeah they seem to be the better of the online crew for shots, though you have to add p&p so only worth if you're buying other items at the time. I have been thinking on a drop to maybe 1.5-2mg, see how it goes, I guess no better time than the present. I need to get myself a new mod also, 510 is starting to come away on my Evdilo :/

Found nic shots in town, Euro saver have 5 packs for 7.50, Dealz have 4 packs for €5 which works out a little better. They seem to have plenty in stock, just bought a couple packs, will be back for more ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

EGriff wrote: »
    I ordered from a site that seemed to be Irish but they have sent me a Royal Mail tracking number, hope I don’t get hit, and if I do I might decline the package, don’t fancy paying double for a 30 quid pod mod.
    Maybe it’s coming from the north so will be ok? There is no action on the tracking number yet.

Package arrived. No customs, An Post just dropped it off. All good, it did take a week though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ordered about €50 worth of e-liquid from novavapes last Thursday. It arrived this morning, no customs fee required. Happy with that as I was fully expecting to have to pay €20-€30 more

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

It seems to be a bit of a gamble as I just got hit with a 25 euro charge from an order from darkstar. Had no issues from a previous order last month.

It seems to be a bit of a gamble as I just got hit with a 25 euro charge from an order from darkstar. Had no issues from a previous order last month.

I wonder is it because the novavapes deliveries don't come in a traditional package, they use a flat cardboard box which fits through letterboxes. The juice bottles are a flat rectangular design to accommodate this.

As I said in the OP, I got hit on an order from DS, I contacted them and they said they're looking into alternative courier service for this end. They clearly haven't done so yet, I'm avoiding ordering from them for now, sadly, as I've been ordering from them for about 6-7 years, right back to when we could buy large bottles of 72mg nic without any hassles, good times

I wonder is it because the novavapes deliveries don't come in a traditional package, they use a flat cardboard box which fits through letterboxes. The juice bottles are a flat rectangular design to accommodate this.

It's UPS that are adding on the charges, the other companies must use others? The driver himself told me everyone he's delivering to is going nuts over the add on charges on anything from the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Well Darkstar do make very distinctive packages, with their custom tape lettering. Though like I said before I had ordered from there before post-brexit without issues. The only difference this time was that I also ordered a 1 liter bottle of base mix this time so perhaps the extra weight got it attention. Last time it went through fine I had just ordered 20 10ml bottles of nicotine shots, which come in a nice small box so it woulda been a smaller package.

Come to think of it though, I think perhaps it's that €22 threshhold for duties that I musta tipped over this time.
    As I said in the OP, I got hit on an order from DS, I contacted them and they said they're looking into alternative courier service for this end. They clearly haven't done so yet, I'm avoiding ordering from them for now, sadly, as I've been ordering from them for about 6-7 years, right back to when we could buy large bottles of 72mg nic without any hassles, good times

Yeah I'm a long time customer of theirs too, sucks to think of alternatives now. I'm going to shoot them an email as well and see if it comes to anything.

One thing I have noticed today is a lot of the Irish and N.Irish vape sites are all out of stock on 70/30 base mix. So seems to me like UK vendors are possibly losing some business from all this.
    It's UPS that are adding on the charges, the other companies must use others? The driver himself told me everyone he's delivering to is going nuts over the add on charges on anything from the UK

Yeah darkstar are using UPS as well, got the same charges.

They are definitely losing business, they replied to me about 2 weeks back that they were looking into it, must be still looking ...

I'm due to make an order very soon, maybe even this week, I think I'll give nomnomz uk a try, they run out of NI. Someone has recommended them in here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm due to make an order very soon, maybe even this week, I think I'll give nomnomz uk a try, they run out of NI. Someone has recommended them in here

I got my flavour concentrate in from the UK this week from a private seller but he still marked it as food flavourings

I think that will use up the last of my base mix so I'm going to try nomnomz too .

jonski wrote: »
    I got my flavour concentrate in from the UK this week from a private seller but he still marked it as food flavourings

I think that will use up the last of my base mix so I'm going to try nomnomz too .

They have a more extensive range than DS, providing they have the goods in stock. It's the first place I've found that has all the ingredients for my favorite mix, which saves a bit on p&p from various sites like I've always had to

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭corkie

Allan45121 wrote: »
    I ordered 1ltr 72mg nic plus 5ltr vg from nicotine hub. Courier was dpd. Just looked at tracking and it says it is being returned to the vendor. Can anyone tell me why this might be?
    ^^^ Maybe a prohibited item for the Courier (DPD).

https://shipping.dpd.ie/prohibited-items

* Liquids
    * Tobacco And Tobacco Products

Edit: - Use to order nicotine to here by using DPD PW but royal mail delivered to NI first.

Along with PM, that service is no longer available.

Address Pal also prohibits liquids,so rules out using them as well.

Nicotine Hub is running 20% off promotion this weekend. But based on the above I guess there is no way to order from here anymore?

"International orders start from £11.99 depending on destination and weight"

Also my email account is no-longer valid on site. But still getting promotional emails?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Also my email account is no-longer valid on site. But still getting promotional emails?

Yeah same here

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Has anyone ever ordered from Hiliq in Poland? I just chatted to them and they say have had no issues shipping nic to ireland. The shipping rates would cripple you though. 30 euro for 1 litre of nic base. But compared to the money I have to spend on nic shots it's a fifth of the price. 1ltr 100mg inc shipping is 80 dollars. For that money, buying nic shots, i'd get 800ml of 18mg. Its Fed Ex they use.
    What do you guys think?

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever ordered from Hiliq in Poland? I just chatted to them and they say have had no issues shipping nic to ireland. The shipping rates would cripple you though. 30 euro for 1 litre of nic base. But compared to the money I have to spend on nic shots it's a fifth of the price. 1ltr 100mg inc shipping is 80 dollars. For that money, buying nic shots, i'd get 800ml of 18mg. Its Fed Ex they use.
    What do you guys think?

As a last resort it's not too bad I guess. I'll have a look at ordering from them myself but won't be until later this year when my current nic runs out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

jonski wrote: »

So I finally tried Nomnomz yesterday . I was sure I was running out of pre mix base ( turns out I wasn't - fool ) so I threw in an order to see how it would work . Order arrived this morning with no issues .

Got some pre-mix 70/30 plus some concentrates, didn't bother with Nic as I have a load in the freezer which needs to be used up .

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Big thanks for nomnomz recommendation. I got way too used to buying concentrates in bulk and only ordered about once a year now

• Advertisement

Has anyone been able to order 72mg nic from outside Ireland in the last 6 months? My supply is running low now. I've ordered 0mg liquids from Novavapes a couple of times in the last 6 months and while I did have to pay customs charges it was still good value, about €10 per 50ml shortfill

Nope, just gave up on the idea when Brexit hit. I just buy packs of 10ml 18-20mg nic shots, as I vape at 3mg I just need one of these per 60ml and I can get 4 packs of it for €5 in the local euro saver shop.

Advertisement