Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There is no other player in the league bar Bruno who can be poor for 90 minutes and still get a double-figure FPL return.

Wan Bissaka has been poor for years......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pogue eile wrote: »
    The thing is he was shi*e for large parts of last night as well and was more than fortunate to get the haul he did, but he will always be capable of that, will always be the penalty taker and last night proved that Ole will never take him off - probably afraid of the tantrums!
    Personally I think if he had scored in the first half he'd have finished with a 6 point score

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

CSF wrote: »
    Personally I think if he had scored in the first half he'd have finished with a 6 point score

Ole probably kept him on to give him a chance of scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Checking the MLs and by god, why hadn't I Bruno. 50 or so players ahead of me in the Zarquone Boards league and they apart from the odd player had Bruno.

I can't even see the likes of Son, Maddison or even Salah getting close to his haul now tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Yeah, think they are trying to get the prizes or just doing it for the kick of being top. They changed the rule slightly so you can't sign up and use a chip to win the manager of the week prize.

I actually didn't realise there was a prize for it, interesting. I think it'd be fairer if it was only open to people that started in Week 1. In theory you could pick a team on GW21 with GW22 in mind and then play your chip in GW22, seems a bit unfair.

No danger of me winning it regardless though :pac:

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Ole probably kept him on to give him a chance of scoring

That’s it, I think he was kept on to get a goal. If he already had one I reckon he might have gone off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    That’s it, I think he was kept on to get a goal. If he already had one I reckon he might have gone off

If he had of got an injury a la Jota - there would have been some noise made about him staying on.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If he had of got an injury a la Jota - there would have been some noise made about him staying on.
    Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

El Sueño wrote: »
    I actually didn't realise there was a prize for it, interesting. I think it'd be fairer if it was only open to people that started in Week 1. In theory you could pick a team on GW21 with GW22 in mind and then play your chip in GW22, seems a bit unfair.

No danger of me winning it regardless though :pac:

All those who use any chip or set up their team that gameweek to try get the top weekly score are ineligible for prizes so they are in effect wasting their time. But hey they get their 15 minutes of fame so I suppose that's a small win to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

All those who use any chip or set up their team that gameweek to try get the top weekly score are ineligible for prizes so they are in effect wasting their time. But hey they get their 15 minutes of fame so I suppose that's a small win to them.

Isn’t that the aim of the game ? To use chips or set up your team to get the highest score possible, how could anyone win a prize if they haven’t set up their team or used a chip to try maximize their points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Isn’t that the aim of the game ? To use chips or set up your team to get the highest score possible, how could anyone win a prize if they haven’t set up their team or used a chip to try maximize their points.

He means where you enter a spankinig new team in the middle of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Only 30 mins until the latest installment of Pep Roulette.

I have Gundog, Stones and Dias with only Coufal on the bench to cover any shenanigans (also have no shows from Brewster and Mitchell on the bench).

Was looking at the fixtures just now and noticed that there'll be a half an hour window this evening (starting at around 8.30pm) where 3 games will be in action....seems like ages since this happened (??)

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Only 30 mins until the latest installment of Pep Roulette.

I have Gundog, Stones and Dias with only Coufal on the bench to cover any shenanigans (also have no shows from Brewster and Mitchell on the bench).

Was looking at the fixtures just now and noticed that there'll be a half an hour window this evening (starting at around 8.30pm) where 3 games will be in action....seems like ages since this happened (??)

There was three 3pms last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

There was three 3pms last Saturday.

Ahh...must have missed that.... although with homeschool and working from home, last Saturday feels like about 3 months ago :-)

Rumours of Laporte starting again - hopefully a Dias rest and not Stones again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Rumours of Laporte starting again - hopefully a Dias rest and not Stones again!

Or possibly as someone suggested earlier in the week they go with 3 CB's

It's mad and a bit disturbing how the City team announcement pretty much shapes an entire GW

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Or possibly as someone suggested earlier in the week they go with 3 CB's

It's mad and a bit disturbing how the City team announcement pretty much shapes an entire GW

or left back is an option too I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/FPL_Rockstar/status/1357009456392003589?s=20

Interesting no one else mentioned.

Sterling, Cancelo, Stones, Dias, Gundogan not mentioned, prob a v good sign...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Started GunDog and benched Foden myself. I'll take that if GunDog gets the minutes.

Have Stones also.

Don't **** me on this Pep

• Advertisement

Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Laporte all start.

Gundogan, Mahrez and Sterling also start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mahrez no doubt will get a haul tonight

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1357010967163502592

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Mahrez no doubt will get a haul tonight

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1357010967163502592

Beautiful.

Foden > Sterking this week paying off it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Laporte playing wingback? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Delighted VC Sterling starts now with all these rumours of Salah being injured.

COH wrote: »

What rumours

COH wrote: »

What rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Laporte all start.

Gundogan, Mahrez and Sterling also start.

As a cancelo, stones and Dias owner that’s great news. Just need the clean sheet now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Balls, really wanted a city defender to be dropped with Wan Bissaka on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Rikand wrote: »
    Laporte playing wingback? :)

Just normal left back. Won't be running up and down the wing I'd imagine.

Advertisement