Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing hinges and rubber seals on PVC windows?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Odelay wrote: »
    I had great success with Senator windows. Great job.

Very happy with them, I had to tweak the two doors a few times until they settled properly but they're perfect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Horusire wrote: »
    I had 6 window hinges replaced this month for 160 euro. Thats not a cash price either. I am based in kildare. Also it took them literally 40 mins

Just PM’d you there, looking to see who you used! Great price

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spudpicker2022

hi Horusire, would you mind to share who you used via PM? i just sent PM

• Registered Users Posts: 37 spudpicker2022

hi Massy086, would you mind to share who you used via PM? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi, instead of starting a new thread I'm posting in here as my question is somewhat similar.

I'm replacing one window pane and in-between the glass and the frame there is what I would call foam tape about 15mm wide. I've cleaned out this old tape and looking to buy new tape. I tried woodies, Goodwin's and my local DIY store but can't find it.

Does anyone know the proper name for this tape and where can I get it please. Only need about 4meters. I'm in Dublin 15

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Some_randomer

Rather than me starting a new thread, can anyone recommend someone to repair a window hinge in north Dublin city?

Thanks in advance 👍️

Advertisement