Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

The abduction, torture and murder of a young Irishman isn’t exactly a ‘tired old trope’. Beaten to death in a shed while 14 people looked on. A few of whom have subsequently committed suicide as a result of the barbarity of how he died.

Very current, very linked to SF, and very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,314 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The abduction, torture and murder of a young Irishman isn’t exactly a ‘tired old trope’. Beaten to death in a shed while 14 people looked on. A few of whom have subsequently committed suicide as a result of the barbarity of how he died.

Very current, very linked to SF, and very worrying.

And, SF have no information that will help get a conviction, if they did they could be charged with obstructing justice.

The PSNI, and the IMC and the Gardai all know what the locals and I presume those who are members of SF know.

That a member of SF won't tell the media and people like you is moot tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

blanch152 wrote: »
    So we are now in shoot the messenger territory by way of whataboutery.
    I am just stating Philip Ryan is a journalist with an agenda. Do you think he will ever write a biography on Michael Martin or Mary Lou? I don't think so.

Like, you guys do the same with every single SF story, go completely over the top from a 'playbook' (review this thread for evidence) with sinister innuendo and nudge nudge wink wink tired old tropes and then talk about 'Shinner playbooks'. :):)

No mirrors in the Doc's house then?

Spit out my tea laughing at that
    Like your last reply to me,to which I didn't reply,you're now saying yes,I admit it,we shinners do all these things and so do government fans, so that makes it ok
    So basically don't criticise us because you guys do the same
    Net Effect ? No need to deal with the points raised

Regarding Ferriters view of the leo book,Its not a university text book and wasn't meant to be
    Other review's are available :)
    A refreshingly honest and revealing account of the spectacular rise to power of one of the oddest, most atypical politicians Ireland has ever known. Leo Varadkar: A Very Modern Taoiseach is an absorbing read that charts the highs and lows of an extraordinary political career, replete with all the back-room intrigue and manoeuvring that propelled the son of an Indian immigrant into the highest office of the land. --Ursula Halligan

Spit out my tea laughing at that
    Like your last reply to me,to which I didn't reply,you're now saying yes,I admit it,we shinners do all these things and so do government fans, so that makes it ok
    So basically don't criticise us because you guys do the same
    Net Effect ? No need to deal with the points raised

Regarding Ferriters view of the leo book,Its not a university text book and wasn't meant to be
    Other review's are available :)

So we can conclude not everyone had the same opinion of Ryan's work.

And why would I have to 'deal' with anything? I am not a SF spokesman. I think they may have questions to answer here and should be fined if they have breached the regs flagrantly.
    Sorry to ruin your theory.

• Advertisement

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I am just stating Philip Ryan is a journalist with an agenda. Do you think he will ever write a biography on Michael Martin or Mary Lou? I don't think so.

What’s his agenda?

You mentioned you’re a hack yourself. Do you have an agenda?

What’s his agenda?

You mentioned you’re a hack yourself. Do you have an agenda?

His agenda is pro Leo and FG. I have no agenda except to see impartiality. I would like to see a proper thorough investigation into what SF might have done. If they have broken the law, I want to see the full force of the law to come down on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

skimpydoo wrote: »
    His agenda is pro Leo and FG. I have no agenda except to see impartiality. I would like to see a proper thorough investigation into what SF might have done. If they have broken the law, I want to see the full force of the law to come down on them.

Seems like you are jealous of him getting a scoop.

And why would I have to 'deal' with anything? I am not a SF spokesman. I think they may have questions to answer here and should be fined if they have breached the regs flagrantly.
    Sorry to ruin your theory.
    That theres party hacks here including you, adept with all the verbiage toolkit that implies?
    Thats not a theory :)

And, SF have no information that will help get a conviction, if they did they could be charged with obstructing justice.

The PSNI, and the IMC and the Gardai all know what the locals and I presume those who are members of SF know.

That a member of SF won't tell the media and people like you is moot tbh

That is a blatant lie. Conor Murphy has refused to tell the PSNI who told him the PIRA weren't involved so that the PSNI can then interview that person about their knowledge. I know young Conor doesn't want to be buried in a ditch so I can understand his reluctance, but that still means it is a lie that SF have no information.

• Advertisement

That is a blatant lie. Conor Murphy has refused to tell the PSNI who told him the PIRA weren't involved so that the PSNI can then interview that person about their knowledge. I know young Conor doesn't want to be buried in a ditch so I can understand his reluctance, but that still means it is a lie that SF have no information.

And what COnor knows is clearly not important to the PSNI.

Where have the PSNI said that by the way? Not a journalist...have the PSNI said they need that info to proceed with a case?
    Young Conor might prejudice a case by publically naming anyone involved to satisfy what is basically nosiness and salacious quest for knowledge.

And what COnor knows is clearly not important to the PSNI.

Where have the PSNI said that by the way? Not a journalist...have the PSNI said they need that info to proceed with a case?
    Young Conor might prejudice a case by publically naming anyone involved to satisfy what is basically nosiness and salacious quest for knowledge.

Paul Quinn's mother is saying it, but what do SF care for her?

Paul Quinn's mother is saying it, but what do SF care for her?

The PSNI know who did this blanch as do the IMC and locals and even me. (I know the names bandied about)

Understandably Breege Quinn doesn't want her son being called a criminal but others have never adjusted that view hat hewas involved in it, others, being those entrusted to monitor these things.
    You cannot point to the PSNI having issue with Murphy withholding info. Leaving it there TBH. I think Breege Quinn and her family have been exploited enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Did you even click your link?

First, it leads to the FG website where there is a list of Eircodes, from there, if you want to input your Eircode, you have to transfer to the National Broadband website, so FG get zero information and FG are not replicating the function done at the National Broadband webpage.

What an epic fail of whataboutery.

Clear to all that most people don't have a clue about the hole that SF have dug for themselves.
    did you even click the link https://web.archive.org/web/20210217095236/https://www.finegael.ie/broadband/

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,737 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A large number of posts deleted.

Please keep to the topic, which is SF, and not any other wonderous or otherwise party

Why would I be jealous? I don't cover politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

You mentioned you had access to the old Abú system at one stage. Did you only have access to the people in the constituency you canvassed in, or was it ‘access all areas’? You also mentioned colour coding people. Was there a column/box to enter further details about the person you visited?

dunno what this Abu system is, some kind of data base maybe; but Sinn Fein do ascend to being police [with the mute assent of the Gardai].

The astounding networking and suffocating presence of Sinn Fein is inescapable for many people, and S.F. patronise ordinary people without them barely knowing it. Very much local information is obtained by their wanton intrusive friendliness [but actually it is control].

If housing or employment is tenuous in any way, that's the very better for S.F. - it is easier to control those persons - they like vulnerability and insecurity. It enables them to deal with any dissenters, due to the felt powerlessness of most.

The grapevine of Sinn Fein is used assiduously to ensure that dissenters are known - and that any other persons in the said grapevine will be Blackmailed [blackballed] in the present or future - if they deviate from the targeted victimisation by Sinn Fein of any dissenter.

It must be said also that this control that Sinn Fein grab, is also a boon to FF/FG in de-activating criticism of them.

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

dunno what this Abu system is, some kind of data base maybe; but Sinn Fein do ascend to being police [with the mute assent of the Gardai].

The astounding networking and suffocating presence of Sinn Fein is inescapable for many people, and S.F. patronise ordinary people without them barely knowing it. Very much local information is obtained by their wanton intrusive friendliness [but actually it is control].

If housing or employment is tenuous in any way, that's the very better for S.F. - it is easier to control those persons - they like vulnerability and insecurity. It enables them to deal with any dissenters, due to the felt powerlessness of most.

The grapevine of Sinn Fein is used assiduously to ensure that dissenters are known - and that any other persons in the said grapevine will be Blackmailed [blackballed] in the present or future - if they deviate from the targeted victimisation by Sinn Fein of any dissenter.

It must be said also that this control that Sinn Fein grab, is also a boon to FF/FG in de-activating criticism of them.

Do you honestly think the general public care about this?

Everyone apart from the rich have more to worry about than nonsense.

Ive asked before and no asw yet, what difference is this to the Govt building cases against autistic kids and their families

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Sure couldn't we all do with a few scoops at this stage, in fairness? :pac:

Sure couldn't we all do with a few scoops at this stage, in fairness? :pac:
    Amen brother. As a hack the only scoops I indulge in is of the liquid kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You mentioned you had access to the old Abú system at one stage. Did you only have access to the people in the constituency you canvassed in, or was it ‘access all areas’? You also mentioned colour coding people. Was there a column/box to enter further details about the person you visited?

I said that when elections were on, parties had access to the electoral list and those who were known to be sf supporters would be marked so to make sure they were canvassed. Never mentioned ‘abu’ (or whatever name you gave it). Its a quite simple logic. Councillors/tds tend to know their constituents (well the ones who involve themselves in their communities do) and usually have a fair idea of people who are strong supporters, or fairly consistent supporters. They want to ensure those people are canvassed. They dont give much time or effort to those they know wont support then

A local FG councillor who i know well told me people canvassing for him dont canvas me as they wont get my vote - so im pretty certain SF arent the only ones who use such a system.

Its common sense really.

The lists come from the local authorities so obviously local election candidates would only have access to their electoral areas. Conspiracy forum thataways lads. Much ‘abu’ about nothing.

Anyone put in a request to SF to find out what personal info they hold on you? Fired in an auld email to dataprotection@sinnfein.ie during the week but not as much as an acknowledgment since. And they’ve the database up and running again on a new URL so it’s not like they can’t look up the info quickly.

I'm no expert in GDPR, but I would have presumed that a request for information should have least been acknowledged by now? I mean it's one database, not an enterprise with potentially a myriad of systems holding personal data.

What's the delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I'm no expert in GDPR, but I would have presumed that a request for information should have least been acknowledged by now? I mean it's one database, not an enterprise with potentially a myriad of systems holding personal data.

What's the delay?

To be fair, they have a month to respond under GDPR. I'm sure they are busy getting their position and approach straight centrally before they respond to any requests from individuals and in particular the DPC.

I can only imagine the rage from Pearse Doherty etc and demands for immediate explanations and special Dail sittings, along with votes of no confidence, if the Abu system was run by one of the Government parties though.

What's the delay?

Before pronouncing expertise on these matters would it not be wise to find out a bit about them?
    They have a month to respond.
    In any event, within one month of receipt of the request.

https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/individuals/exercising-your-rights/how-long-will-it-take

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    To be fair, they have a month to respond under GDPR. I'm sure they are busy getting their position and approach straight centrally before they respond to any requests from individuals and in particular the DPC.

I can only imagine the rage from Pearse Doherty etc and demands for immediate explanations and special Dail sittings, along with votes of no confidence, if the Abu system was run by one of the Government parties though.

He would be in danger of exploding with indignation. Pearse seems to thinking shouting is leadership.

Before pronouncing expertise on these matters would it not be wise to find out a bit about them?
    They have a month to respond.

https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/individuals/exercising-your-rights/how-long-will-it-take

Eh, I didn’t pronounce expertise, Frank. Quite the opposite I think you’ll find. Think I used the phrase ‘I’m no expert in GDPR’. I’m a big picture sort of fella, so sometimes miss the details. A month. That’s grand. I’m sure all the folks who put in requests for information can wait that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

maccored wrote: »

A local FG councillor who i know well told me people canvassing for him dont canvas me as they wont get my vote - so im pretty certain SF arent the only ones who use such a system.

Its common sense really.

The lists come from the local authorities so obviously local election candidates would only have access to their electoral areas. Conspiracy forum thataways lads. Much ‘abu’ about nothing.

It's not the same thing. The fact that know the FG councillor well just demonstrates direct local knowledge about voting preferences. They don't canvas you because you've made it clear that you're not a potential supporter.

But this SF database is a Cambridge Analytica style operation where they are sneakily garnering private information through social media and holding it without peoples consent.

Eh, I didn’t pronounce expertise, Frank. Quite the opposite I think you’ll find. Think I used the phrase ‘I’m no expert in GDPR’. I’m a big picture sort of fella, so sometimes miss the details. A month. That’s grand. I’m sure all the folks who put in requests for information can wait that long.

When you criticise them for something you thought should have been done, then you are kinda saying you know they have contravened the regs. i.e. pretending you know what you are talking about.

As it turns out you were profoundly wrong and have no grounds for complaint. That's the end of that then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭jmcc

But this SF database is a Cambridge Analytica style operation where they are sneakily garnering private information through social media and holding it without peoples consent.
    You don't seem to have a clue about what Cambridge Analytica did.

What SF did is quite different and the electoral register is available to all political parties. FF even bought a copy of the register indicating who voted.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement