Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed to let out back garden!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mcgragger wrote: »
    Its amazing that people think its ok to live in a shed.
    Noisy shower or not.:eek:

Why is it not ok? I'd prefer a shed to a homeless shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

mcgragger wrote: »
    Its amazing that people think its ok to live in a shed.
    Noisy shower or not.:eek:

Much better than living in a semi-D with a party wall designed by some celtic tiger failure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Why is it not ok? I'd prefer a shed to a homeless shelter.

Perhaps we should strive a bit higher than either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

dennyk wrote: »
    That's the trouble with these unpermitted sheds, though; they haven't been vetted and inspected by anyone, so there's no way to know if they're safe and up to standard or not. It's possible they were built very well with all of the necessary safety measures and proper insulation and fire safety measures and everything, but it's also possible that they were thrown together on the cheap, built out of highly flammable materials, with electrics hacked together by the clueless landlord or one of their "handy" relatives, and with no insulation to speak of. (And I'm sure you can guess which is more likely from someone looking to exploit the current housing market for a quick buck...) A prospective tenant looking at one of these dodgy places has no way of knowing one way or the other.

Yes, but Neither was priory hall or how many apartments like them??
    Thats one gripe I have with the Council coming down on them, its inconsistent, because they failed to deal with the developer of Priory Hall.
    If all or even most structures built for living in where without question up to scratch in terms of all the stuff you mentioned, then yes Id say its reasonable for a council to have it torn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

1874 wrote: »
    Yes, but Neither was priory hall or how many apartments like them??
    Thats one gripe I have with the Council coming down on them, its inconsistent, because they failed to deal with the developer of Priory Hall.
    If all or even most structures built for living in where without question up to scratch in terms of all the stuff you mentioned, then yes Id say its reasonable for a council to have it torn down.

Sorry but this is such a nonsense argument. Some developments were not checked properly so we should allow slumlords to rent out sheds? That's just daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Sorry but this is such a nonsense argument. Some developments were not checked properly so we should allow slumlords to rent out sheds? That's just daft.

If you have a look there, you'll see you said that not me, Im just saying the council are applying two standards/being hypocritical,

The poster I replied to said, "That's the trouble with these unpermitted sheds, though; they haven't been vetted and inspected by anyone, so there's no way to know if they're safe and up to standard or not".

I'm saying that is already known to be the case with structures people are already living in.

Advertisement