Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strategy - Poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The death and infection rate among most vunerable in isreal fell 95%.....this is an endorsement of vaccination programe for me anyway

I dont think.the 450K deadtoll in america is worth it myself....i dont think the 1000 dead here for opening up for xmas was worth it either,but each to their own i guess

Per capita, there are countries in Europe doing worse than the US. There are states who locked down the most ranked in the top 10 of deaths in the US per capita. Cases in Israel still aren't dropping at same rate as the UK or US right now despite the mass vaccination program and strict lockdown.

I mean, its not a simple equation that locking down equals saved lives from the virus. In the long term there are many more consequences. Obviously people in Ireland and most of Europe dont feel that immediately because of the social protections in place, but you will when the debt becomes payable. Here, without such systems in place, people have lost their jobs, homes, overdose deaths are through the roof in many states. Small businesses are destroyed in record numbers. Thats without even going into the effects on children of not being in school for the best part of a year in many places. I dont think that was worth it but each to their own I guess.

quokula wrote: »
    Do you think it's pure coincidence that not a single country on the whole of this half of the planet has achieved it? It's purely down to the miraculously identical achievements of the NZ and Australian governments, even though NZ has a left wing government and Australia has a right wing government and they generally have few policy similarities?

Meanwhile not a single country on this half of the entire globe, from Ireland to Israel, Switzerland to Sweden, Portugal to Poland, Canada to Croatia, USA to UK, has managed to come close to the same thing.

Yet somehow it's all just because Ireland specifically is doing it all wrong, and nothing to do with the one thing that Aus and NZ have in common, which is that they're extremely isolated countries in the middle of the Pacific ocean thousands of miles away from anywhere else, which is something we simply can't replicate.

Or maybe its because no one has tried. I'd actually argue that Ireland came close last year when it had single digital figures daily

Advertisement