Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this cannibalism?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just get the ashes mixed into some tattoo ink and go get some cool tattoos!!

Fairly common nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just get the ashes mixed into some tattoo ink and go get some cool tattoos!!

Fairly common nowadays.

Some lady had them made into a ring. So she can keep her husband with her at all times. Poor lad cannot even escape her in death.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

It would be better craic for all concerned if you smoked or snorted your man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I think AH is best place for this question.

Me and my mates have a guys night chat like most married men with kids in their late 30's + (apologies if this offends anyone)

Since most of us suffer from a range of issues such as respiratory diseases, obesity and alcoholism to say the least and the fact that covid looks like it is here to stay and will never be eradicated it got us thinking about death.

We all think this virus will eventually be our death knell (was there a boardsie called this?)

So in acceptance, we discussed how we would like our funerals to be with most of us agreeing we did not want religious ceremonies.

The suggestion was made (by myself) that it would be funny if we decided to get cremated and then do like a pub crawl with the ashes and for each shot we would put some of the ashes of the one of us that died.

Now I am no biologist but is it still cannibalism if you ingest the ashes of a corpse? Surely the conversion to ash means it is no longer a human?

What a boring story. Unoriginal and all been done before. Keith Richards famously snorted his dads ashes with cocaine. The Outlawz smoked Tupac’s ashes in joints. Your fairytale isn’t half as edgy as you think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Aren't there some tribes in Papua New Guinea that do something like this? They make the ashes of their dead into a kind of smoothie and the rest of the tribe drink it. It's considered a form of cannibalism by anthropologists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Mjolnir wrote: »
    There Wouldn't be any infectious material after incineration.
    Funnily enough early bodybuilders used to get gh from cadavers and suffered all kinds of issues.

Stiff joints, I heard. Aching bones..

OP and his mates sound like the drunken general party in the movie Downfall

Advertisement