Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this cannibalism?

Options
  • 22-01-2021 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I think AH is best place for this question.

Me and my mates have a guys night chat like most married men with kids in their late 30's + (apologies if this offends anyone)

Since most of us suffer from a range of issues such as respiratory diseases, obesity and alcoholism to say the least and the fact that covid looks like it is here to stay and will never be eradicated it got us thinking about death.

We all think this virus will eventually be our death knell (was there a boardsie called this?)

So in acceptance, we discussed how we would like our funerals to be with most of us agreeing we did not want religious ceremonies.

The suggestion was made (by myself) that it would be funny if we decided to get cremated and then do like a pub crawl with the ashes and for each shot we would put some of the ashes of the one of us that died.

Now I am no biologist but is it still cannibalism if you ingest the ashes of a corpse? Surely the conversion to ash means it is no longer a human?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Mate, stay away from the drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Mate, stay away from the drugs.

I think he might be better off on drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I don't think pub crawls with alcoholics/shots would end well and also which pub would you go to seeing as they're all closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

This is how bored I am in this f*cking lockdown. Dictionary definition is eating the flesh of a human. So ashes don’t count.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/cannibalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

You'd get variant CJD, the human form of mad cow disease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

OP you and your friends are messed up. You’ve all got far bigger problems than the coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

I know there is some pub somewhere where they put a dead toe in a **** glass. I would happily drink a person's ashes rather than have a toenail tip my tongue

hurikane wrote: »
    OP you and your friends are messed up. You’ve all got far bigger problems than the coronavirus.

Nah we are just keeping our minds open. I personally would not want the same boring Catholic ceremony where a priest just goes on and on about nothing important really.

Id rather something happened that would be rememberd by a bunch of people in a story for a good few years at least. Until covid for them anyway!

I've heard of people having their ashes spread over parts of sea and land, but maybe it can be more like a spread of butter on a sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

You'd get variant CJD, the human form of mad cow disease.

There Wouldn't be any infectious material after incineration.
    Funnily enough early bodybuilders used to get gh from cadavers and suffered all kinds of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

It’s not cannibalism if they’re already dead

• Advertisement

Did not know this. So you need to eat someone live to be a cannibal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

EwCm14R.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭pavb2

Two cannibals are eating a Clown, one says to the other . . .

“Does this taste funny to you?”

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Is that the new 5 second rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

this is the thinking that got jeffery dahmer started

Ah balls. One of the lads has just vetoed. He said "whether your dead or not is not the issue, the issue is that I don't want to eat your dead or cremated cock ever"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Whats app chat groups, all fun and games until some prick sends those supposedly confidential messages and banter and the next thing you are doxxed and on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

bogwalrus wrote: »
    Ah balls. One of the lads has just vetoed. He said "whether your dead or not is not the issue, the issue is that I don't want to eat your dead or cremated cock ever"

"Although cremated remains are commonly called ashes, in truth they are comprised of pulverized bone fragments. the cremation process destroys all traces of organic, carbon-based matter and all bodily fluids evaporate and escape through the cremator's exhaust"

So, anyone live near a crematorium, ...

The fact he only specified dead or cremated means ya might have a chance op

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

You're carbon. Smokey dust. Drink up.

• Advertisement

"Although cremated remains are commonly called ashes, in truth they are comprised of pulverized bone fragments.

Dunno if pulverization is a better sales pitch as cremation but I imagine some people might go for it.

I think i read in a bill bryson book that our human ancestors have likely gone through our digestive system multiple time. I'll try find the paragraph online somewhere.

If this is true though then we are a species of cannibals

I think i read in a bill bryson book that our human ancestors have likely gone through our digestive system multiple time. I'll try find the paragraph online somewhere.

If this is true though then we are a species of cannibals

I'm fairly sure the dictionary definition is to eat the flesh of ones own species so no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lay of the weed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

Yeah, weed is no good man - I stopped smoking YEARS ago, and now... well - now... now I'm on boards, at 3AM - and... my life is so much...

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH! NOTHING* HAS CHANGED!!!!!

*It really, really has. Weed is great and all, but life is so much easier without it - and discussions about drinking your pal's remains... well - they just don't pop up, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Have you ever seen some poor fcuker getting stung with cigarette ashes put into his can behind his back & then drinking it??

Not pretty.

I'd suggest you try snorting your friend instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Kinda reminds me of one family I know where they had the uncle cremated and after which they had a pissup and good meal to celebrate his life with the uncles urn in pride of place at the head of the table.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,114 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Obviously you should be snorting lines with the ashes mixed in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Dusty Slammers, a lick of Ash, shot of Tequila, Lime wedge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,238 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

bee06 wrote: »
    This is how bored I am in this f*cking lockdown. Dictionary definition is eating the flesh of a human. So ashes don’t count.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/cannibalism

Isnt it strange how we call it 'ashes' even though it's really unburnt fragments of bone mineral, which are commonly ground down into powder.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement