Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I've only seen weirdos calling her that.
    Definitely a smell of Smollet off her tale but loyal 'fans' are not the most critical at the best of times.
    Celebrity, innit.

biko wrote: »
    Apparently Justin has said:

and Rebecca

Both sources have since been deleted.

The latter tweet from Rebecca was particularly vile. Deleted afterwards, says it all really.

There's another from Jun2020 where she says, simply, Hazel Chu is not Irish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Definitely a smell of Smollet off her tale but loyal 'fans' are not the most critical at the best of times.
    Celebrity, innit.
    I take her at her word. That isn't my issue with her. My issue is her banging the far right wingers are everywhere drum constantly. Outside of a tiny facebook fringe and a national party that isn't and has no elected representation we do not have anything like a right wing, never mind a far right wing support base in this country. It's boogeyman attention politics on her part.
    ecoli3136 wrote: »
    The latter tweet from Rebecca was particularly vile. Deleted afterwards, says it all really.

There's another from Jun2020 where she says, simply, Hazel Chu is not Irish.
    The first one I remember alright. Colour me shocked at the source.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Wibbs wrote: »
    I take her at her word. That isn't my issue with her. My issue is her banging the far right wingers are everywhere drum constantly.
    Oh, it's unwise to take her word at face value (AOC)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

That's not that particularly vile.

The tweet she got regarding some immigrant mastrubating on her daughter, now that's proper vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

BattleCorp wrote: »

The tweet she got regarding some immigrant mastrubating on her daughter, now that's proper vile.
    That was in reference to an actual event in Dublin. Still not good taste to bring up.

Lol.

Just a bit vile then. OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

It actually got defended on here. No shortage of odd people on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Literally no one on here defended it. Not one poster.

What people did point out was that it was a topical comment in relation to a case that had gone through the courts that week and was not just someone thinking it up by themselves.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Literally no one on here defended it. Not one poster.
    Well god forbid facts should get in the way of fevered imaginings. There's an awful lot of that being bandied about on all sides of late.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd prefer if she put up subjects such as this and fought for animal cruelty.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/finglas-horse-dead-body-rubbish-19798756

Lol.

Just a bit vile then. OK.

lol. The Rebecca one was vile. I'm sure a few on here liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

WrenBoy wrote: »
    In some peoples mind Barrett and his goons represent the Irish peoples attitude to those of different ethnic backgrounds. He's handy to pull out and say if you don't agree with us you must agree with Barrett :rolleyes:

Ironic enough these new non-binary days when spectrums and nuance are suppose to be paramount. On some topics anyway.
    lol. The Rebecca one was vile. I'm sure a few on here liked it.

LMFAO. Looks like that theory has been proven correct Wren.

Just so I don't misrepresent you, are you saying that people here defended immigrants masturbating on a child?

Or are you just purposely misrepresenting the people who pointed out that the fact that the tweet was not a threat of sexual violence against a minor and certainly not racist?

Either way, the first half of your statement was demonstrably false. You proved the second half yourself though.

Just so I don't misrepresent you, are you saying that people here defended immigrants masturbating on a child?

Or are you just purposely misrepresenting the people who pointed out that the fact that the tweet was not a threat of sexual violence against a minor and certainly not racist?

Either way, the first half of your statement was demonstrably false. You proved the second half yourself though.

It's very similar to how the dems in the USA conducted themselves where BLM and antifa could do no wrong but everything was trump's fault.

I'm no fan by the way but I do believe he was a safer bet then what's been let in....

What I can see is the watering down of society and the freedom of speech and free country all getting chipped away at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

I see that Leo is again warning that all this uncivil discourse is putting politicians in danger!

Clearly they must be defined as a protected class and legislation must be enacted to ensure that anybody who is mean to them on twitter gets arrested...
    ....or this idiot could just learn to use the block button. Twitter has one, 'an a-hole on the internet is constantly spamming me with their stupidity?' BLOCKED! Problem solved, unless you're really into mining dumb responses to your dumb posts for pitty points and clout I suppose.

conorhal wrote: »
    I see that Leo is again warning that all this uncivil discourse is putting politicians in danger!

Clearly they must be defined as a protected class and legislation must be enacted to ensure that anybody who is mean to them on twitter gets arrested...
    ....or this idiot could just learn to use the block button. Twitter has one, 'an a-hole on the internet is constantly spamming me with their stupidity?' BLOCKED! Problem solved, unless you're really into mining dumb responses to your dumb posts for pitty points and clout I suppose.

Yeah that worked for Jo Cox didn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I believe there are already laws against murder.

Can you expand on this for me?

What extra protections should politicians have? What has the Jo Cox incident have to do with the discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

What extra protections should politicians have? What has the Jo Cox incident have to do with the discussion?
    It's deflection, and by using the Jo Cox incident, they try to shut down any discussion on the topic by equating what happened to Jo Cox to any negative criticism of the Lord Mayor of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

conorhal wrote: »

Kivaro wrote: »
    It's deflection, and by using the Jo Cox incident, they try to shut down any discussion on the topic by equating what happened to Jo Cox to any negative criticism of the Lord Mayor of Dublin.

It was in response to negative comments about comments made by Leo Varadkar.
    Do keep up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Because anyone who doesn't subscribe to the lefts globalist ideology must want to murder politicians by default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Ah you know yourself. Some people really dislike that Dublin has a female Mayor who doesnt have an Irish bloodline running back about 20 generations so they have to nitpick over every single thing she says constantly to find fault.

I don't like her for two reasons.

- She's an aggressive left wing race baiter

- She is a local councillor who due to a biased Green Wave media has a larger media profile than most members of our cabinet, it is not uncommon for her to have three interviews per week in the IT and the Indo. She is a household name and our media have effectively given her the coverage that makes either a Dail seat or a spot in the Seanad almost a certainty within the next four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

She is a household name and our media have effectively given her the coverage that makes either a Dail seat or a spot in the Seanad almost a certainty within the next four years.

I hadn't a clue who she was until about a month ago. She might get a spot in the Seanad as the Government can give away a certain number of them but I can't see her getting elected to the Dail.

I hadn't a clue who she was until about a month ago. She might get a spot in the Seanad as the Government can give away a certain number of them but I can't see her getting elected to the Dail.

I certainly hope not. Vile woman

I certainly hope not. Vile woman

The Seanad does seem to be the place for our most unlikeable and useless politicians to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,488 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't like her for two reasons.

- She's an aggressive left wing race baiter

- She is a local councillor who due to a biased Green Wave media has a larger media profile than most members of our cabinet, it is not uncommon for her to have three interviews per week in the IT and the Indo. She is a household name and our media have effectively given her the coverage that makes either a Dail seat or a spot in the Seanad almost a certainty within the next four years.

I don't know what an aggressive left wing race baiter is.

She is a councillor but also Lord Mayor of Dublin, our capitol city. It's a story in itself, a woman of Chinese heritage becoming first citizen of Dublin. Hence the media profile.

Whether she gets elected to the Dail will be up to the voters. The Senate is a different story but that's for another day.

elperello wrote: »
    She is a councillor but also Lord Mayor of Dublin, our capitol city. It's a story in itself, a woman of Chinese heritage becoming first citizen of Dublin. Hence the media profile.

There was an Indian TD in the Dail in the 80's.

The Taoiseach was gay and of mixed race.

The holding of a largely ceremonial role on a local council would not normally be noteworthy enough for the holder to do 3 interviews per week with the national media. Also it is because of the party she is in- the media wouldn't give Chu the time of day if she was FF or FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

elperello wrote: »
    I don't know what an aggressive left wing race baiter is.

Whether she gets elected to the Dail will be up to the voters. The Senate is a different story but that's for another day.

How come Rotimi Adebari didn’t have such a high profile?? Considering he was the first ever non-Caucasian mayor in Ireland??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,217 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How come Rotimi Adebari didn’t have such a high profile?? Considering he was the first ever non-Caucasian mayor in Ireland??
    He was mayor of....Portlaoise? It was also a long time back no...it wouldn't quite have the same profile and cache...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement