Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential Logs!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Could a mod kindly move this to the main A/R page, I shouldn’t have posted it here, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Thats a great idea B, would you consider categorising them? If appropriate into male / female (is O the only woman?) Or running times like sub 4, sub 3, sub 2.50, sub 2.32 etc? May be too difficult....

Thats a great idea B, would you consider categorising them? If appropriate into male / female (is O the only woman?) Or running times like sub 4, sub 3, sub 2.50, sub 2.32 etc? May be too difficult....

Ah Jaysis, I’m creating those links since yesterday morning, I haven’t been to bed!!!

I think keep it simple AM, categories are not needed? Maybe sticky the thread for reference?

OOnegative wrote: »
    Ah Jaysis, I’m creating those links since yesterday morning, I haven’t been to bed!!!

I think keep it simple AM, categories are not needed? Maybe sticky the thread for reference?

Yep, fair enough! I will say though, Claralara's log is inspirational, if you're a woman new to running (or running years) I'd highly recommend.

Here's another, career move's 'Ain't nothing gonna break my stride' made especially interesting by the many adventure races, she knows her stuff.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056795279

One more, I haven't read this myself but it's just been recommended to me, another inspiring female runner Seres.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514005

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Great idea B. Thanks for putting the work in..... The Running Master a glaring omission...................................

• Advertisement

Haha I should have added the laughing faces. Was tongue in cheek. Great list... Plenty of homework for me... Starting with the boss. Haha

Bo!!ix!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

The only thing I ever did running wise that I'm still proud of to this day is because of this post in Krusty's log :D

I didn't make it passed Dun Laoghaire :D But the kids actually roll their eyes at me when we go through Dun Laoghaire now - yes mum we know you ran to here from that piece of land over there one day *huff* :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I have been around Boards a long time. I remember I used to dip in and out of the Athletics forum without ever really taking part. You might call it lurking.

Being a run hard merchant when it came to any "jogs" I did outside of GAA training I remember the discussions being more technical than I had time to understand and didn't think I needed to understand. I was always very fit in GAA terms so I must have been doing it right. Then came my floundering first effort at a 5 minute mile a couple of years back. I wasn't fit to jog back home initially being both knackered and and dejected at being so far from my target. I realised I knew next to nothing about running and that's when I decided to start my own log. I now live next door to next to nothing so I've moved up in the world a little. Thanks mostly to the inputs from a few heavyweights around here.

Cheers B for effort linking the above. I'm in a much better position now to appreciate and understand them. Just need to find some time to get through them all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

I have been around Boards a long time. I remember I used to dip in and out of the Athletics forum without ever really taking part. You might call it lurking.

Being a run hard merchant when it came to any "jogs" I did outside of GAA training I remember the discussions being more technical than I had time to understand and didn't think I needed to understand. I was always very fit in GAA terms so I must have been doing it right. Then came my floundering first effort at a 5 minute mile a couple of years back. I wasn't fit to jog back home initially being both knackered and and dejected at being so far from my target. I realised I knew next to nothing about running and that's when I decided to start my own log. I now live next door to next to nothing so I've moved up in the world a little. Thanks mostly to the inputs from a few heavyweights around here.

Cheers B for effort linking the above. I'm in a much better position now to appreciate and understand them. Just need to find some time to get through them all :rolleyes:

I spent about an hour reading Krusty's log last night while watching some crap TV(sorry Liverpool fans :D). I couldn't stop reading, that report for Rotterdam is something else. Cheers B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I've dipped into a few of these in the past. Great idea B. Some essential reading for me in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Thanks B. A lot of effort went into that.
    Yep, fair enough! I will say though, Claralara's log is inspirational, if you're a woman new to running (or running years) I'd highly recommend.

Any idea where O is now, is she still running? Not heard much about her in recent times, it must be 5-6 years since she did the 50k in Doha.

Could a mod kindly move this to the main A/R page, I shouldn’t have posted it here, apologies.

Any chance a moderator would oblige please?

ariana` wrote: »
    Thanks B. A lot of effort went into that.

Any idea where O is now, is she still running? Not heard much about her in recent times, it must be 5-6 years since she did the 50k in Doha.

Yes she's still running, i think after a hiatus of a few years. I've met her at parkrun a few times over the last few years, I'm fairly sure she had the female course record for a while at my former local parkrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Any chance a moderator would oblige please?

PM them

PM them

Sent one a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    No surprises that I'm mentioning buying shoes and streaks in page 1.

Advertisement