Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutant strains, evading vaccine speculation, doom thread

Options
  • 20-01-2021 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

This will be a bit of a doom thread to many or interesting to others

So we have the Brazil and SA variant's that are looking a bit worrisome, "real issue of concern".

Scientific community are happy enough with studies they have done so far that the current vaccine's will still to work to some degree, labs all around the world are growing these variants and testing against current vaccines, our neighbours in the Uk doing just that in Porton Down lab

So when will a variant or mutan strain evade current vaccines, which vaccine will be evaded first, Pfizer, AZ, Moderna?

Personally and just my opinion but I don't think we will be waiting long for it to happen, the selective pressure put on the virus now with all the antibody treatments and vaccines is going to force the virus to adapt or die

Give any medicine to 7 billion people and watch that virus, bacteria etc adapt to evade that pharmacolgy, wheter antibiotics, anti viral's, vaccine's etc

Personally I think the AZ vaccine will be the first to be compromised

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I believe its going to be none or all vaccines evaded by any mutation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

No need for any doom mongering threads thanks. You can discuss this possibility in the Conspiracy Theory Forum.

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement