Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor mcgregor is being sued *Read OP for mod warning*

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,551 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Muahahaha wrote: »
    More than likely. But you can get a complainant who wants justice done and wants it seen to be done in public. Rape/sexual abuse cases are particularly personal to the victim and it can be the case that vindication in a public court is far more important to them than any compensation offered before it goes to a full hearing.

We likely wont know for 2 or 3 years anyway as there is a back log for civil cases in the High Court due to Covid, they have stopped holding jury trials in civil cases since last March.

If she declines a settlement offer, and the Court award is less than the settlement she declined, she could find herself on the hook for the full legal costs of BOTH sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

glasso wrote: »
    it is really remarkable that out of all the wealthy sports stars out there that one alone manages to rack up 3 sexual assault allegations against him in less than 3 years.

nevermind all the other stuff actually caught on camera

He ain't a nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If she declines a settlement offer, and the Court award is less than the settlement she declined, she could find herself on the hook for the full legal costs of BOTH sides.

You are probably the expert but I thought that would only be the case if McGregor's legal team lodged a tender with the court and the tender turns out to be more than any award made to the plaintiff in court?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

BattleCorp wrote: »
    He ain't a nice man.

A scummer with money. His character says it all. Suckering punching aul lads, cheating on his misses, throwing barricades at buses, constant sexual assault allegations.

It all adds up as a man with no morals or care for others around him.

And dont get me stated on his nudie watch.

I hope it goes to court and some details come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,551 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You are probably the expert but I thought that would only be the case if McGregor's legal team lodged a tender with the court and the tender turns out to be more than any award made to the plaintiff in court?

I'm far from expert and I don't know if there is any difference between a tender and an offer.

I just came across this principle in the past, that you have to be very careful about declining an offer.

• Advertisement

i think he paid off alot more underhand (talk of 100K)....afaik your man was father of hit-man for one of gangs in dublin
    That wasn't the same incident

Indeed, not the same incident.
    The gangland related alleged incident was with the father of Graham Whelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Persistent speculation against Mod warning. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement