Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Do they drug test in the WH, cant believe she isnt high

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It was also the Ohio governor that ordered the burning of the chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rule 1 of the GOP - Never let the facts get in the way of making baseless accusations or pearl clutching

• Registered Users Posts: 82,052 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any ‘adult criticism’ of what she’s saying?

• Advertisement

? do you think thats top notch VP or potential Presidential communication skills?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I don’t see why it’s even being considered contentious?

Speaking of presidential speaking skills this is exactly the tone of familiarity Obama struck in the majority of his public speaking engagements. And, checks notes, he was POTUS (a well liked one)

So I really don’t get it. Can you explain what is wrong with what she is saying and how she is saying it?

what? she sounds like Obama? , all Im saying is I wouldnt make a bet that she isnt on something , she is vapid at the best of times, but she is far to excited about mediocre tech like USBs on a bus

What’s mediocre about a bus you can charge a phone on? My busses don’t do that. Even the fully electrical ones on the local CATbus routes. That’s a neat feature and hardly standard or mediocre.

Seems like people just hating on Harris because she’s a soft target.

Gov. DeWine calling on congress to investigate how the train that crashed in Ohio’s freight was marked as non hazardous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

She always sounds like she is speaking to a group of kindergarten kids.

Jon unpacks Train Chernobyl (Trainobyl?)

edit: beaten to it.

But Jon's podcast went up 4 hours ago, so I credit Jon even though he didn't explicitly say it.

I was told it was Mexicans and China etc. smuggling in these drugs, not White Supremacist Republicans.

He "quickly" admitted to agents that he was paid 4,000 pesos ($215) to smuggle 15 kg of Fentanyl - 'enough to kill 7,500,000 Americans' as the rhetorical math goes (2 mg/kill)

He shot himself behind his own tool shed and left notes for the cops and his family etc on the day of his first appearance in court.

It's amazing how Republicans paint the narrative against minorities, and Democrats, and then go out basically false-flagging.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

As was shown during recent hearings 85%+ of all Fentanyl coming in to the US is being brought in by US citizens using legal ports of entry.

Smuggled in cars and trucks etc. on their way back to the US.

A small fraction of the drugs coming in are coming in via "immigrants and open borders" as the Republicans would claim.

It's all a performance to keep their base angry and afraid , because if they gave them time to think about real things like actual government policy etc. then they might actually stop voting for the GOP.

thanks for the reminder I guess I need to go watch that whole one.

Already bananas within seconds, more political virtue signaling as a Result of Matt Gaetz's sideshow about the pledge of allegiance. Dumbass hearing alert...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This character (legal name was Teddy Von Nukem) left behind 5 children including a 6 month old. Got to wonder what his baby momma was thinking.

I think Nadler's opening remarks are correct this hearing is of limited use. They're using 3 hours of time to build up talking points on "open borders" by dragging in... a Sherriff, a Judge, and a Father of a fentanyl victim iirc. Not border patrol agents. And these are the people the Republicans are using to testify to questions as to whether the border is "open" give me a break.

The more I see of the house republicans and their committees, the more I think they are like the dog that caught the car. They have their showtime, and don't know what to do with it.

Read your comment at an opportune time at the hearing (timestamp)

His subsequent question (Chip Roy) is one hell of a mealy mouthful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

More questions and accusations.

Any chance you could present the receipts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ah, you see you fell for the trump trick: I never said he got money (and he didn't)

Is all along the lines of "they say" and "I hear". "They say Biden is a paedophile who likes ice cream" (the typical post in the political funny thread). When it's proven false, the response is always:He never said that. He said "They say". "THEY SAY" (The only time a republican will use the term "They").

So as soon as you see a comment phrased like that, you can simply ignore it. Don't even acknowledge a non-statement like that.

Gonna mirror the affidavits from the story here without all the undeserved ad clicks - it's court records, not proprietary journalism.

The way the first affadavit describes 2 german shepherds is really quite something, lol. "non-breed acceptable traits with an intruder" the Dog Owners thread would make a dogs breakfast of paragraph 5.

Paragraph's 3,4,7, all pose peccability issues with who is giving the affidavit, the employer's stated investigatory motivations (ie. "Witch Hunting" Trump might say) and profit motive (paid investigator). And especially dressing down the fact that this person is not a member of law enforcement or a member of a state or federal agency, potentially taking advantage of someone's ignorance of their statutory rights and best legal options (eg. taking the interview with the company of legal counsel). And the notary's introduction of the witness is "resident." They hold no title, they're not an FBI agent, or from an OIG's office, not even a Sherriff. Resident.

Paragraph 9, witness supplants the lead-in lead-out of a "direct quote." If he was investigating, and Biden is compliant, wouldn't there have been an interaction like "can I quote you on that?" etc. and have them you know, possibly write that whole quote down, etc. - and PA is a two-party consent state, so he couldn't have (legally) recorded the conversation without Jim Biden's consent and therefore, why not offer the direct quote of the exchange? There's NO page limit to an affidavit, I promise.

"It is of great interest to me that James never asked who my client was"

So not only is the witness to the court, tacitly testifying that he never disclosed who he was working for to Jim Biden, but then he goes on to insert such strange, conspiratorial aside to the Judge who has to read this? I see a lot of room for doubt here, and a lot of testimony that, in writing and in written prose, is the hearsay mostly of the investigator peppered only with a few select "quotes," often sentence fragments. The closer, where he's like "I didn't ask for further explanation" and then starts editorializing more conspiracy nonsense in supplantation of any actual evidences from a conversation that, by this persons account, was 90 minutes long. In 90 minutes, He could barely fill 16 paragraphs, and the most he did was about the 2 German Shepherds, and the Secret Service agents he also saw on the way in, that were suddenly now worthy of being narrated as a dark and ominous force of oppression, oooOOOoooohhhh.

Affadavit 2 is another "resident" ho boy howdy!

"resident" Vernon Lankford, not introduced or testified into notarized record, is not indicated in this affidavit of being affiliated with "Hill," or having any unique or insider knowledge about Hill.

The Notary is very clear in the intro: 'this person came into my office and spouted this conspiracy theory'

Part 1, even, the Notary points out it is the "("The Claim")" of the "Resident."

"Hill," by the way, is never introduced in this affadavit. It doesn't say who Hill is, if it's a person or a company, it just says hill "acquired" Gibbs & Hill (ie. "Gibbs") but the affadavit doesn't explain who the Hill in Gibbs & Hill was before Hill "acquired it" nor does it tell me what the KSA is, either, that testimony is referring too..

I mean I've not read that many affidavits, IANAL, but this is a slog. And IDK what's up with this watermark:

"Richter confided [according to "resident"] that he selected Biden because KSA would not dare stiff the brother of the Vice-President who would be instrumental to the deal." It's not clear how much of that statement implicated the Bidens at all, but rather this Richter fella and "the Professional Firms" for their "Congressional offensive designed to pressure KSA to honor its debt to Hill which, by this time, had grown to $140 million" since the 1980s.

However, if they were openly, legally, and ethically 'offending Congress' to get their debt resolved, that would also openly, legally, and ethically involve the leadership of congress - including the President of the Senate, ie. the Vice President of the United States, ie, Joe Biden at the time referenced in the affidavit.

How about that? 😶

"Biden never shared copies of his notes of that meeting." Not a criminal offense.

"Richter now seemed indifferent" is awfully opinionated. More conspiracy dog whistles imo.

In part 13. it sounds like they're trying to pin the settlement proposed in Part 5. (The Company, acting through Richter, was receptive to this approach). But when "resident" introduces Biden as having possibly incepted the KSA to close the deal, "resident" regards it as "secretly agreed:"

But when a Biden is involved - it suddenly is meant to sound conspiratorial:

Even though Richter was hired starting in 1993 to get the money back, even lobbying Congress to help them do so.

I see nothing here to criminally or ethically implicate the Bidens. But the people who have been lobbying the hell out of them for decades sure sound like they are willing to weaponize the Bidens with or without their direct knowledge of that tactic when it suits them.

Oh dear god why did I unpause this hearing, look at this time stamp: Chip Roy asks a Sherriff what the United States Customs and Border Patrol "most wants"

Sheriff Dannels has no standing to even begin answering that question, I have no idea why he's dressed up like a 4 star dollar-store general (he introduced himself as a formy Army soldier) or why he has the temerity under oath to answer Chip's questions with affirmative answers for an agency he does NOT represent.

🤨

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's all a performance , they have no interest in getting to facts or offering solutions.

They just want to feed the rage machine that they rely on.

leaving aside the content, its her delivery , you must be a big fan, its ok to criticize her though, Im pretty sure the Dems dont think she has been a success.

its her delivery

Like I said, I heard Obama do the same **** for over 15 years now.

Seems to be if you hate her you will find her grating. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Advertisement