Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I mean, they're really giving the game away with the last paragraph of that letter, essentially saying that they won't try to block the DoJ officials from testifying so long as no-one on Trump's side (anyone in his administration) is called to testify.

"Officer, I agree to let you search my house for drugs, on the condition that you don't search the room that has the poster of Bob Marley on the door."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Not sure if I recommend this, but here's Mike Lindell being interviewed by the left-wing host David Pakman. It's off the charts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66pxQHGIJ4

• Registered Users Posts: 18,975 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

More lies from this p.o.s.

Hopefully the courts will throw him out, just like the American public

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No idea. Some of his expressions would make excellent memes all the same :D Lindell is an absolute nutcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

In his defence, Lindell is clearly batsh*t, so it was probably easy to keep a straight face when you realize the poor sod you’re talking to doesn’t have much upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

My oldest is a GOP politician. My second and third oldests are Republicans and like minded to me. The youngest is a flaming liberal and will enter law school in Fall of 2022 to go into political law, and will be interning in either Congress or the White House this Fall and Spring and arranged by the most politically active university in the US she attends in Washington, DC. All my kids know the difference between Trump the executive and Trump the blowhard. And that he does a lot of what he does because it’s the only way to get his message directly to the people and bypass the hatefest filter of the mainstream media, and the biased social media giants that work tirelessly to silence him.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what does that have to do with asking officials to falsely declare that the election was corrupt?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,638 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

His children helped further the insurrection, didn't you read it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Future for Trump? My guess. He will be the 2024 Republican nominee for president. Will he repeat 2016? Or 2020? Who knows? His 2024 platform will include the Big Lie. As will his campaign between now and then.

• Advertisement

Why have your kids not taught you anything about politics?

My guess is if we go back to honest and fair elections then Trump will win if he runs, and especially against Harris. If we allow the problems of the past election to repeat itself, which are ripe for democrat abuses, and illegally ignore state’s election laws again, then Trump will not win. And if we allow the federal government to control elections going forward with HR1 then no Republican will ever win again because the government will structure election processes that benefits democrats without morals of win at any cost.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So you're saying that the elections weren't honest and fair? Jfc you really are in lala land aren't you

Widescale voter fraud in US elections is just not a thing. Like not at all. Not by democrats nor republicans.

If you want to step outside your brainwashed bubble, here is nice collection of papers demonstrating that.

What is, however, a thing, is voter suppression. And when I say it is a thing, I mean it is a GOP thing. Here is a summary of many instances of recent voter suppression by the GOP.

I have linked this to you before but of course, as you yourself admitted, you are not interested in facts. Democrats = bad and anything objectively suggesting otherwise will be ignored by your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

This whole paragraph is so deranged and delusional it's extraordinary.

The elections were honest and fair.... So y'know, he didn't win them. Pushing of conspiracy theories because your guy didn't win is getting old......

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's like you live in opposite world - Invert pretty much everything you just said for how the entire world outside the GOP/MAGA bubble sees reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You are not living in reality at all.

Like, not even the slighted bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,437 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Indoctrinating your children with lies and conspiracy theories isn't a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I genuinely thought he was as a teenager or in his 20’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hilarious, a party is doing all it can to Gerry mander and suppress votes in a bid to make sure they will keep getting into power and someone is on here claiming the dems are trying to fix things up for themselves. The electoral college already ensures that the most popular party doesn’t always win and still they want more. Then gets thanked by another supporter unable to see the lunacy in the statement.

I really wish what's going on wasn't true Q_D.

You will have no problem responding to my post then.

Because if you don't, you are acknowledging that what you claim is going is in fact not what is going on, and that you live in fantasy land for no other reason than because you are a sore loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭dogbert27

If your oldest is a GOP politician then they are a public figure. In that case name them.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Your wishes have come true - In fact they have always true , no wishing needed.

Genuine question , can you provide a single example of anybody, anywhere outside the GOP/MAGA bubble that believes that there is even a hint of legitimacy to the claims of Election fraud by Team Trump??

Seriously - anywhere in the world not just the US , a single one?

I've said the before about the wild claims by Trump and the GOP but there really isn't any scenario where they appear competent in this.

There are only really only two conclusions that can be made here.

Let's imagine for a moment that everything that Trump is saying was true - Hugo Chavez back from the dead , Italian servers , dead people the whole shebang.

Trump et al have gone to court 60+ times to make their case and failed miserably each and every time. In fact they failed so badly that some of the lawyers involved are now up on professional misconduct charges for bringing such specious and spurious cases in front of the court. And then a majority of their own Senators and congress people voted to certify the elections as well.

So , if the Democrats got away with such an obvious massive fraud, how utterly chronically inept are Team Trump that even their own elected officials didn't believe them??

The other alternative is of course that it is all a fabrication from the tortured ego of a petty small minded pathetic loser who's psychological illness won't allow him to process the concept of defeat.

Neither option is great for a party seeking to take political control of the United States now is it??

Speaking of Election fraud - Did they ever find all the evidence that Trump said would clearly prove that Ted Cruz cheated to win the Iowa primary???

Or how about the Electoral Integrity committee under the great Kris Kobach , did they ever publish their findings into the clear and obvious cheating by Clinton and the Democrats in 2016??

So - Which option are we going to land on? Gross Incompetency or Pathologically lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

He's unbearable but in fairness he's entertaining and the fume from the usual posters will be delicious

So far the problems with vote are being referred to “ Irregularities.” More time is needed to make a valid call and problems in the election process are still being uncovered like double scans of ballots, electronic access to databases that were not allowed to have access, and databases wiped clean. Is it the huge number Trump claimed it was… no, I don’t believe so. But I do believe there were enough problems in Arizona and Pennsylvania that might be uncovered which would have given Trump the win by Electoral votes. There is no denying some democrat governor of several states illegally changed mail in voting in direct violation of election laws. I think all those votes that go contrary to the election laws on the books should be thrown out, both Republican and Democrat. Time will tell, hopefully if we can trust our 2020 election results. It is going to take some time to make a determination of what really happened in some areas that defy logic and history how Biden won. And we still have election officials ignoring valid state congressional subpoenas to turn over materials.  Time will tell. It is too early at this point to determine how bad things were.

I don’t know about the results of those older elections.

While we are waiting for the forensic audits to continue, how about in the meantime we ask ourselves some common sense questions…

-- If Democrats didn't rig and steal the election, why are they so afraid of forensic audits in key battleground states, specifically the current audit in Arizona?

-- When Trump was an 8-to-1 landslide favorite with bettors around the world late on election night and clearly headed toward a landslide electoral victory, why did five states suddenly announce they would pause counting for the night? And how come Biden was suddenly ahead by morning?

-- How come Michigan apparently had a dump of 149,772 votes at 6:31 a.m. on Nov. 4, 96% of which went to Biden?

-- How did Wisconsin count 149,520 votes for Biden from 3:26 to 3:44 a.m. on Nov. 4?

-- How come Philadelphia vote counters were so desperate to keep witnesses out of the counting room? Why did they refuse entry to witnesses (to Republicans) until those witnesses had a court order in hand?

-- Why were the windows in a vote-counting location in Detroit covered with cardboard so nobody (no Republican) could see inside?

-- There are videotapes filmed in Detroit of vans pulling up in the middle of the night with what obviously look like boxes of ballots. In Atlanta, there are videotapes that clearly show ballot containers appearing at a vote-counting location after a fake water main break was used to force all GOP witnesses out of the counting room. Why can't we discuss these videotapes?

https://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2021/05/09/heres-how-you-know-democrats-rigged-and-stole-the-2020-election-n2589148

• Advertisement

All of those questions have been answered many time previously, and you won't like the answers to them.

How about you pick a random question out, and I will gladly answer it for you?

Advertisement