Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It is incredible amount of stress to handle even for a man half his age…. Maybe if your a sociopath it doesn’t affect you as much or maybe if your a narcissist it affects you even more….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Can anyone explain to me what yer man has to do to get a $175M bond? Does he need to produce that amount? Or give, say, $30M to a bond provider who trust him enough to pay the rest when the appeal fails? Why would any organisation trust him? Could this further his embarrassment for lack of any real money?

He'll still have to pony up the $460M+ in the end though to pay off the fraud, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Drugs are also not a bad thing to have in your arsenal to keep you standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 81,654 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Empty Greene with another vacate order

Well, a petulant demand with no teeth to it. She's big angry Gallagher is leaving on April 19th and she wants him to resign immediately, to trigger a special election, or else she thinks the House should just expel Gallagher. Problem is, the last day for the seat to be vacated to trigger a special election is April 8th - and the House is currently in recess until... April 9. And, even if she moved the heavens herself to drag the House back into session by then they still need a vote of 2/3rds of the House 😂

Looks as though Gallagher's seat will be open until January.

As a former Trump campaign manager once said: "Whomp whomp."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

They usually take security. Trump has 500 million in cash. Bust I would imagine that its business cashbm flow. Moving it to pay the bond could trigger a tax event, or maybe a loan recall from a bank.

Supposedly he used used some already as security for the E Jean Carroll case bond with the bond provider Chubb. They took security of about 20% over and above the bond value probably in a lein on his bank accounts.

To secure the 450 million for the other bond would have cost substantiallmorere up over 550 million. It woukd also have limited his different companies cash flow.

He would not want another fine event to happen

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Truth Social opens for trading on the NYSE tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how long the dead cat bounce lasts on the share price.

This is a company with only $4m in revenue last year and over $50m in losses that somehow comes to market with $5B valuation.

It would be grossly over valued at 10% of that.

So far at least , Trump is still subject to a 6 month hold of selling any stock so assuming the stock quickly finds its true level he won't make very much money at all from it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

$4 million in revenue?!?! **** hell. A couple of years ago Twitter had $5 billion in revenue, over a thousand times as much. Musk paid $40 billion for it. If you use revenue to valuation of Twitter to value Truth Social, you're talking about $30 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

It says alot about Trump, he is willing to give up his wealth to serve his country. And when he was president he never took a salary either. How often do you find a person like that who cares more about his country. The left were hoping to break him by bankrupting him, so far they have failed. It just shows how desperate the democrats are, to up end the justice system to get their way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bog master

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It might have been 8 years ago when some might have actually believed that, now it's just a tired lazy post looking for reactions.

If the poster genuinely believes it in 2024 I have a bridge to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bog master

Ah sure, good to start the day with a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭francois

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Meanwhile in actual satire, my god how did we get by without Stewart all these years he's been gone? An actual centrist too, lest we forget what actual American centrism looks like...

And in a first for YouTube, the top comment is not only smart, but quite neatly and succinctly gets to the nub of Trump's logic (and indeed those here who plead on his behalf)

trump isn't arguing he's innocent, he's arguing he has the right to be a criminal

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I slightly misspoke earlier, "DJT" is going to be trading on the Nasdaq, not the NYSE.

According to Trump, he chose the Nasdaq, despite the NYSE "begging" to have his awesome company trade on their platform, because New York hates business and he doesn't want to work in New York as a result.

Former President Donald Trump told a story on Monday in which he claimed that he decided not to list the Trump Media & Technology Group on the New York Stock Exchange, even though the exchange “badly” wanted the company, because businesspeople are “treated too badly in New York” and “don’t want to be attacked by a thug like this horrible attorney general that we have in New York.”

As I'm sure pretty much all of you know, the Nasdaq is also based in New York and as such would be subject to all the same rules/oversight as the NYSE.

But I guess Nasdaq doesn't have the words "New York" in the name so his base will think he's being awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Can you imagine if anyone else said, yes I have (the money to cover a bond) but I need it to start a new money making venture! Then the appeal judges just cut the bond in bits. Presumably the next person who can't raise a bond will be able to say, oh I don't want to pay that much, I'll put up a third of it. Will that work?

Indeed , and when the stock price does go to a level that is closer to reality it will be because the "deep state" and the "woke" all deliberately attacked it.

Not because it's a sh!te business with no revenue , no of course not.

The only hope is that the stock price "normalises" before Trump is able to cash out but there just might be enough MAGA loons willing to set fire their childrens future by buying into yet another Trump turd to allow him to make money for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Rawr

Interesting to start the day with an early-hours post that echoes the Cult of Personality talking point that Trump somehow cares about anyone but himself. This is of course despite decades of evidence to the contrary. Many of us knew how he was before he entered the White House, and it comes as no surprise that those 4-Years did nothing to improve his realtionship to the human race...if anything it got worse. He didn't even seem to want to do the job of being Head of State, and possibly did less work in office than our own cerimonal Head-of-State in the Irish Presidency. (Admittedly I don't know how busy an Irish President tends to be, but I suspect Higgins doesn't have large chunks of his calandar dedicated to "Executive Time")

Then untimatly he failed in his one final essential task as a democratically elected Head of State. He failed to hand over power peacefully when he lost the election. He did his damnest to overturn the will of the people, including an attempt to destroy the very Republic he was sworn in to defend. This is not a man who "loves" America, this is a man who loves nothing beyond his own damned nose, and will gladly burn the world around him if it served his needs.

And so we have cultist who are fully bought into the absolute fiction that this husk of a human being is some kind of polical messiah...and in many cases *the literal biblical messiah*. But the harsh light of reality does not preserve the barely paper-thin veneer of this fiction. Thus emboldened by a slither of good news yesterday about their Dear Leader, we will get cultists posting deep in the night, safe from scrutiny for a handful of hours.

For a handful of hours they look at their work and think: "There, now I have validated my world view. Now in this early hour, I am right...and they are wrong." So they melt away from the board clinging onto that fiction and knowing deep down that morning will bring the light of reality (and waking Boardsies with their coffee) upon their desprite little world-view and then perhaps they will have to defend it. But not at 3AM....at 3AM...the world for them for a very brief moment is MAGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I really do actually feel sorry for the millions of people who fall for this huckster, conman, shill and all his political sidekicks like Lindsey Graham who beg for money for him.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Theres a fairly large chance she doesn't realise that April 9th is after April 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I don't. The reason they like Trump is because he normalises all their horrible bigotries.

Eventually everything, and I mean everything, will come out and it will be revealed what a conman/rapist/traitor etc. he was. And I will laugh in the face of those ignorant, bigoted morons who sent him their last 50 bucks for a **** hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,136 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Rawr

Since he's clearly sh*t at golf (just look at those "Practise Swings"), does anyone also recon that his "win" in these competitions is down to his caddy neglecting to tally all of the "mulligans" he's likely taking during the game, and only noting the handful of strokes where he eventually get's the ball in.

Safe bet we'll never see him in a golf competition with professional oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭francois

There was an article written about his cheating in golf.

All of the above , plus "finding" his ball on the fairway despite everyone seeing it disappear off into the trees etc.

Last year he claimed victory in one of his club championships , not by playing on the actual day along with the other competitors , but by submitting his own definitely true scores from rounds he had played earlier in the week which were remarkably , just good enough to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

You never seem to show any annoyance when Trump does far worse. You're gonna get very annoyed with when the campaign points out he's a rapist and fraudster...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Im not annoyed.

The tweet is unintentionally funny, in that its the pot calling the kettle black.

The absolute state of Biden and he calling someone else feeble, confused and tired, talk about projection.

Advertisement