Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get 48 Sim to work with my Huawei router

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

The following site says it can be 192.168.1.1 or homerouter.cpe

https://www.4gltemall.com/blog/tag/homerouter-cpe/

It also shows how to do a reset if you're not getting anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah I have tried that ip address too.
    Probably have come across that website already, I have googled this to death!

And believe it or not, holding the reset button does nothing. So can't even reset it.

Hmm, I'm not sure what else to tell you to try - if you can't get to the router homepage through the wifi or ethernet from any computer even after reset, then there could be a problem with it.

I have a Huawei B315 with a 48 sim in it for the last couple of months and haven't had any issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yeah I have tried that ip address too.
    Probably have come across that website already, I have googled this to death!

And believe it or not, holding the reset button does nothing. So can't even reset it.

You held the reset button for more than 20s, right? Did the leds flash at any point?

Yip, stood for about 2 min last night holding reset in.

None of the lights changed. Zilch.

Power light on.
    Blue TEL light flashing
    Mode light solid purple.

• Advertisement

No Wifi light? Does the WPS light come on when you hold down the WPS button?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yip, stood for about 2 min last night holding reset in.

None of the lights changed. Zilch.

Power light on.
    Blue TEL light flashing
    Mode light solid purple.

Normally you reset a device like this you turn the power off, then press and hold the reset button, and power the unit on while holding the reset button. Keep the reset button pressed for about 60 seconds

Spocker wrote: »
    Normally you reset a device like this you turn the power off, then press and hold the reset button, and power the unit on while holding the reset button. Keep the reset button pressed for about 60 seconds

..... and I tried that too.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Can you take some more pictures? Ideally how you have everything connected, and run the 'ipconfig' command again, and show us the output. Make sure you're not connected to the other modem.

No Wifi light? Does the WPS light come on when you hold down the WPS button?

No Wi-Fi light.
    When I press and hold either WPS or WLAN buttons, neither of these lights light up either.

A dud?

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Can you take some more pictures? Ideally how you have everything connected, and run the 'ipconfig' command again, and show us the output. Make sure you're not connected to the other modem.

To be honest I don't think there is much point.
    I have tried about 15 different ip addresses and nothing is working.

The website printed on the back of the unit, http://homerouter.cpe brings up nothing.

I think over the last 2 days I have tried everything under the sun. I think the box must just be a dud, sure can't even reset it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Your screenshot show
    Ethernet adapter Ethernet:
    Autoconfig IPv4.. : 169.254.7.108

This indicate there is no DHCP server running on that router. Disabled to use as AP only perhaps.

It will take to reset to factory defaults to get it back to IP range on the sticker
    Just in case you not sure, reset button is pin hole on LH side right between WPS and WLAN
    https://setuprouter.com/router/huawei/b593/reset-router.htm
    router has to be ON

Once reset, connect laptop LAN-to-LAN, make sure have no other connections on laptop(WiFi) to avoid mix up
    cmd > ipconfig /all

Default Gateway.... line = you router IP if not on the sticker(providing its successfully reset)

Reset ain't working. I have tried many times.
    Could someone have disconnected it?

As for your bit just below the bold writing.....sounds like it's my problem but in layman terms , what does it mean!!

It's double Dutch to me

Reset ain't working. I have tried many times.
    Could someone have disconnected it?

As for your bit just below the bold writing.....sounds like it's my problem but in layman terms , what does it mean!!

It's double Dutch to me
    DHCP - service main function to provide and manage IP addresses to connected devices.
    If its disabled or not working , devices wont get IP's and wont be able to communicate. There is way to manually set IP's per device, but for start you MUST know router IP and other metrics - its better to leave this for router to manage.
    In instance where device cannot reach out to DHCP server device will assign APIPA address to itself - 169.254.XXX.XXX/16
    When you see this address range, something is not right, unless set on purpose

DHCP - service main function to provide and manage IP addresses to connected devices.
    If its disabled or not working , devices wont get IP's and wont be able to communicate. There is way to manually set IP's per device, but for start you MUST know router IP and other metrics - its better to leave this for router to manage.
    In instance where device cannot reach out to DHCP server device will assign APIPA address to itself - 169.254.XXX.XXX/16
    When you see this address range, something is not right, unless set on purpose

So as it stands....and not being able to reset it, is it junk?

No Wi-Fi light.
    When I press and hold either WPS or WLAN buttons, neither of these lights light up either.

A dud?
    This is not the way !
    Once again read reset instruction in link i have provided and confirm you do it right.

This is not the way !
    Once again read reset instruction in link i have provided and confirm you do it right.

I have tried that hard reset many times. Nothing is happening.

And I mean nothing. Lights don't change at all.

I have tried just pressing the reset button for 5sec+ many times. Nothing is happening when I do.

The bit about the wlan and wps buttons was a response to another post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Have you set a static IP on the machine you are trying to connect by cable? Is the cable def working?

If this is the case - not good
    Router, if it is functional at all, most likely has static IP set (in Private IP range), but without knowing metrics...
    Is there a chance you could contact seller and ask what IP it was set? get subnet mask as well !

If familiar how to set static network metrics on your laptop network card, you could try ...

192.168.1.1/24 usually is default for this router.

lets say if router was on 192.168.1.XXX/24 range, you could manually set your laptop in that range:
    IPv4: 192.168.1.15 (picking random 15)
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0

With devices connected over Ethernet
    from CMD run this command:

FOR /L %i IN (1,1,254) DO ping -n 1 192.168.1.%i | FIND /i "Reply"

If, by slim chance, you manage to be set on same network as router is set, this command will ping ALL IP's in sequence and will show what address responded with IP = your router, the only other device on this network.
    If after first line you get :

Reply from 192.168.1.15: Destination host unreachable.

you on right network, allow command to continue till you see :

Reply from 192.168.1.???: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

This will be your router IP

If after first line you get nothing - you on wrong network, CTRL + C will cancel command so you can move on to next network.

You can repeat this for each network (192.168.0 , 192.168.1 etc) each time changing laptop IP (192.168.0.15, 192.168.1.15, etc), keep subnet 255.255.255.0 and adjusting command

Not ideal, but you might get lucky
    Hope that make sence

• Advertisement

I'm just going to put this one down to experience, looks like I was conned.

I went back to the guy I bought it off, as I collected it at his house, he called me a dickhead and refused to come out and speak to me.

Lesson learned.

He sells on Done Deal and his location is Carndonagh, Co. Donegal.
    His seller name is ME.

He currently has about 4 of the same routers up for sale, plus 2 laptops, so hopefully no-one else gets caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Any luck since, Niman?

I recently set up one of these B311 For a neighbour. There's an app you can download to the phone that lets you set up the router. I'm nearly sure there was a Factory Reset option on there. When you open it first you get to pick router make and model.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huaweioverseas.smarthome

sligojoek wrote: »
    Any luck since, Niman?

I recently set up one of these B311 For a neighbour. There's an app you can download to the phone that lets you set up the router. I'm nearly sure there was a Factory Reset option on there. When you open it first you get to pick router make and model.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huaweioverseas.smarthome

No, gave up on it.
    After spending many hours on it, I just think I own a dud.

I downloaded that Huawei app and scanned, and it's not seeing the router.
    But thanks anyway.

I downloaded that Huawei app and scanned, and it's not seeing the router.
    But thanks anyway.
    It wont as your device is not on same network as router.
    LED indicators posted above - blink on tel LED might indicate that device in bootloader mode or bricked
    If you noticed ,was it same LED's from day one?
    As there is some button press sequence that brings device to a certain state, like :
    (device not powered) WiFi and WPS buttons pressed while powering on: enter bootloader menu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

https://www.hardreset99.com/routers/huawei/huawei-b593-factory-reset/#:~:text=%20How%20To%20Reset%20Huawei%20B593%20Router%20With,version.%20It%20will%20only%20change%20all...%20More%20https://www.hardreset99.com/routers/huawei/huawei-b593-factory-reset/#:~:text=%20How%20To%20Reset%20Huawei%20B593%20Router%20With,version.%20It%20will%20only%20change%20all...%20More%20
    How To Reset Huawei B593 Router With Button :
    To perform a factory reset, please follow Below steps.

Power on the Huawei Router, place a paper clip or Pin into the hole on the back of the Router labeled Reset.
    Hold paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
    The Router will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the Router is reset.
    Please Note, Resetting the Huawei router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.

Huawei B593 Default Login, Password and IP :
    Once your Huawei router has been reset, it goes back to it’s factory defaults Settings.

IP address: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
    Username: admin
    Password: admin or password
    OR see back side of your device.

It is possible the local IP range has been changed from factory

Normal sequence of LED's on working B593 on a startup (2-3 sec interval):

1. Power LED (only) comes ON
    2. All LED comes ON(including signal bars)and goes OFF (power remain)
    3. Mode LED comes ON (red)
    4. WiFi LED comes ON (providing enabled)
    5. Mode LED change to blue/green + signal bars appear (providing SIM is IN and 4G/3G coverage there)
    6. Mode LED blinking indicate traffic

If Tel LED flashing, router is most likely brick/looping into bootloader mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

I am not 100% convinced that the OP was ever able to establish on the same network as router nor do a full factory reset of it. From his link to Donedeal the seller has a number of these routers so they could all be configured from standard factory setup and would need to be reset as noted above.

The TEL light is constantly flashing, so I'm guessing bricked in some way.

Add to this the fact that the unit cannot be reset, probably means whoever it was originally being used by, they must have done something to it to make it useless for standard use.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mgmayo

I feel your pain with this. But maybe it was never properly unlocked. I had one the same on contract from Vodafone. There was a dispute about reception so I couldn't get unlock code from them. I couldn't get any of the phone guys able to unlock it since. Maybe they are unlock able.

• Advertisement
Advertisement