Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get 48 Sim to work with my Huawei router

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,037 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm just going to put this one down to experience, looks like I was conned.

I went back to the guy I bought it off, as I collected it at his house, he called me a dickhead and refused to come out and speak to me.

Lesson learned.

He sells on Done Deal and his location is Carndonagh, Co. Donegal.
    His seller name is ME.

He currently has about 4 of the same routers up for sale, plus 2 laptops, so hopefully no-one else gets caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Any luck since, Niman?

I recently set up one of these B311 For a neighbour. There's an app you can download to the phone that lets you set up the router. I'm nearly sure there was a Factory Reset option on there. When you open it first you get to pick router make and model.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huaweioverseas.smarthome

sligojoek wrote: »
    Any luck since, Niman?

I recently set up one of these B311 For a neighbour. There's an app you can download to the phone that lets you set up the router. I'm nearly sure there was a Factory Reset option on there. When you open it first you get to pick router make and model.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huaweioverseas.smarthome

No, gave up on it.
    After spending many hours on it, I just think I own a dud.

I downloaded that Huawei app and scanned, and it's not seeing the router.
    But thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

NIMAN wrote: »
    I downloaded that Huawei app and scanned, and it's not seeing the router.
    But thanks anyway.
    It wont as your device is not on same network as router.
    LED indicators posted above - blink on tel LED might indicate that device in bootloader mode or bricked
    If you noticed ,was it same LED's from day one?
    As there is some button press sequence that brings device to a certain state, like :
    (device not powered) WiFi and WPS buttons pressed while powering on: enter bootloader menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

https://www.hardreset99.com/routers/huawei/huawei-b593-factory-reset/#:~:text=%20How%20To%20Reset%20Huawei%20B593%20Router%20With,version.%20It%20will%20only%20change%20all...%20More%20https://www.hardreset99.com/routers/huawei/huawei-b593-factory-reset/#:~:text=%20How%20To%20Reset%20Huawei%20B593%20Router%20With,version.%20It%20will%20only%20change%20all...%20More%20
    How To Reset Huawei B593 Router With Button :
    To perform a factory reset, please follow Below steps.

Power on the Huawei Router, place a paper clip or Pin into the hole on the back of the Router labeled Reset.
    Hold paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
    The Router will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the Router is reset.
    Please Note, Resetting the Huawei router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.

Huawei B593 Default Login, Password and IP :
    Once your Huawei router has been reset, it goes back to it’s factory defaults Settings.

IP address: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
    Username: admin
    Password: admin or password
    OR see back side of your device.

It is possible the local IP range has been changed from factory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Normal sequence of LED's on working B593 on a startup (2-3 sec interval):

1. Power LED (only) comes ON
    2. All LED comes ON(including signal bars)and goes OFF (power remain)
    3. Mode LED comes ON (red)
    4. WiFi LED comes ON (providing enabled)
    5. Mode LED change to blue/green + signal bars appear (providing SIM is IN and 4G/3G coverage there)
    6. Mode LED blinking indicate traffic

If Tel LED flashing, router is most likely brick/looping into bootloader mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

I am not 100% convinced that the OP was ever able to establish on the same network as router nor do a full factory reset of it. From his link to Donedeal the seller has a number of these routers so they could all be configured from standard factory setup and would need to be reset as noted above.

The TEL light is constantly flashing, so I'm guessing bricked in some way.

Add to this the fact that the unit cannot be reset, probably means whoever it was originally being used by, they must have done something to it to make it useless for standard use.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mgmayo

I feel your pain with this. But maybe it was never properly unlocked. I had one the same on contract from Vodafone. There was a dispute about reception so I couldn't get unlock code from them. I couldn't get any of the phone guys able to unlock it since. Maybe they are unlock able.

• Advertisement
Advertisement