Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dsmythy wrote: »
    Cancelo preferred over Zinchenko and Mendy on the left possibly too. He'll play somewhere.

I think he'll play Cancelo in midfield in KDB's absence/place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

PARlance wrote: »

Why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PARlance wrote: »

Thought of this too, Cancelo has pretty much being playing in midfield for the past few weeks anyway, the inside fullback that Lahm use to play at Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Foden, Cancelo in

KDB, KWP out

I've 9 players playing away this week strangely makes me feel unconvinced about this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Foden, Cancelo in

KDB, KWP out

I've 9 players playing away this week strangely makes me feel unconvinced about this GW.

Im not sure about the stats on it too much, but have away games made any difference since the crowds left? Is it much of an advantage anymore to play at home?

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Im not sure about the stats on it too much, but have away games made any difference since the crowds left? Is it much of an advantage anymore to play at home?

No stats but I do know it's all in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Salah & Brewster out, Son & Antonio in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

KDB to Gundogan is one transfer. May go a -4 to go Anguissa to Son but will have to do more research on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I've gone KDB to Gundogan, Kilman to Dias. For -4.

Still humming and hawing on taking a -8 for wood to Antonio or Bissouma to maddison / Barnes.

Probably won't do it tho. I'll use my 5m itb next week to decide what to do. Maybe even bank but unlikely.

Are Leicester as good without vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I've gone KDB to Gundogan, Kilman to Dias. For -4.

Still humming and hawing on taking a -8 for wood to Antonio or Bissouma to maddison / Barnes.

Probably won't do it tho. I'll use my 5m itb next week to decide what to do. Maybe even bank but unlikely.

Are Leicester as good without vardy.

Bench a bit stronger now with wood, Bissouma and KWP. Ideally, Bissouma and wood are the next to go, most likely to antonio and a Leicester player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Gundogan thing is akin to Soucek. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Would you start Robertson away to Spurs or Watkins away To Burnley?

Currently have Watkins picked. Plan to sell Robertson soon as not worth 7m+ going on current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭terminator74

KDB out > Gundogen in
    Vardy out > Kane in (-4)

GW 20 line up:
    Martinez
    Cancelo; Dias; Robertson; Coufal
    Gundogen; Soucek; Fernades; Lookman
    Antonio; Kane

Klonker wrote: »
    Would you start Robertson away to Spurs or Watkins away To Burnley?

Currently have Watkins picked. Plan to sell Robertson soon as not worth 7m+ going on current form.

Burnley don't concede a lot and I fancy Spurs to score.

Robertson has no attacking points in 5 games and Watkins has 2 returns in 10 games.

Tough one - personally I'd go Robertson but not much in it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I keep rotating between Soucek Saka, Lacazette & Watkins . I have to bench one.

Soucek has scored every 3rd game the last few months so after his double blank when he was highly played, I'm hoping to catch something here. Trying to sell him though. It looks like with Antonio back, that his open play threat will be reduced.

Watkins has a long history of blanks, some unlucky, but scoring last week might have kicked him back into form.

That leaves 1 from Saka & Lacazette to start and 1 to bench. Saka has the better form so currently going with him to start and benching Lacazette.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Are there any press conferences today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Cancelo wont replace KDB, pep will replace him with bernardo. Midfield three of rodri, gundo and bernardo.

Bernardo is at his best without KDB in that position, not necessarily FF best but best for city. 18/19 he was abs incredible and citys poty. There isnt really any other option in the squad at the moment.

Cancelo will likely play left back and act as an inverted midfielder tonight now that walker is back in training. If walker isnt fit cancelo will do same role from right back with zincheko tucking in.

Gundogan on pens and advanced midfielder is a tough one to ignore but i feel foden has a higher ceiling should he get the deserved gametime.

City arent firing on all cylinders in attack and there are lots of options in the team to hoover up those precious attacking points its why im avoiding a sterling and going likely foden. Im making that based on being a city fan who hasnt missed a min of them this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

POKERKING wrote: »
    Cancelo wont replace KDB, pep will replace him with bernardo. Midfield three of rodri, gundo and bernardo.

Bernardo is at his best without KDB in that position, not necessarily FF best but best for city. 18/19 he was abs incredible and citys poty. There isnt really any other option in the squad at the moment.

Cancelo will likely play left back and act as an inverted midfielder tonight now that walker is back in training. If walker isnt fit cancelo will do same role from right back with zincheko tucking in.

Gundogan on pens and advanced midfielder is a tough one to ignore but i feel foden has a higher ceiling should he get the deserved gametime.

City arent firing on all cylinders in attack and there are lots of options in the team to hoover up those precious attacking points its why im avoiding a sterling and going likely foden. Im making that based on being a city fan who hasnt missed a min of them this season.

I went Gundogan as he has penos and is more assured of starts. Do you not think Pep could still bench Foden and play Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling some weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Anyone looking at the stats on Foden. In the last game his "Threat" was 105 and "Creativity" was 74. Would have got a large ICT score if he'd managed to actually get the couple of assists he deserved.

KDBs highest threat score this year was 89, and 82 for creativity. Not occurring in the same game.
    GunDog - 84 and 58. Again not occurring in the same game.

Disclaimer - I'm a Foden fan and need him to play tonight and agree with POKERKING. Foden's ceiling is higher... if he plays. I can see the appeal with GunDog now on penos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

What's the story with rashford. Is he fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Are there any press conferences today?

Yep:
    https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1353969673126043651

They usually sum up the injury news too if you're not following

Heads up the deadline is 16:30 today
    (I still have 5pm in my head for a 6pm kickoff rather than the 90 min thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Soucek out for Gundogan, leaving myself a bit of a benching headache:

Bruno, Salah, Grealish, Son, Gundogan
    Kane, Antonio, Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

MrSkinny wrote: »

Kane, Antonio, Bamford

That is a headache........

erm

grealish. but tbh this is tight margins... . Bench gundogan :D:pac::pac::pac:

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    What's the story with rashford. Is he fit?

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1354059035998380033?s=20

I'd be surprised myself if he started and got any minutes unless really desperate. More precautionary with Arsenal at the weekend.

MrSkinny wrote: »

Kane, Antonio, Bamford

Is Gundogan necessary for your team?

You've a solid 7 players there w/o Gundogan and Soucek 1st sub.

IMO, I'd bank or upgrade your defence.

Many are getting Gundogan in for KDB but you've no injuries/suspensions in your front 7/8 to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That is a headache........

erm

grealish. but tbh this is tight margins... . Bench gundogan :D:pac::pac::pac:

Grealish, Antonio or Gundogan. Id probably go Grealish given how well Burnley have defended lately, I don't think he'll get much joy out of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

cavani and soucek out fabio silva and hamez in , silva to be a bench player

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brewster to Kane worth a -4 or will I just play Coufal instead... Coufal probably the most sensible choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Bit of advice lads. I have Bamford, Adams and Wood as my 'attack' (:rolleyes:) and would need to play 2 of them this week.

Having sold KDB for Gundogan I have a healthy bank balance so lloking to turn Wood and Adams into Antonio and Kane over the next 2 GWs. If I bring either in today its for a hit, so which one would you priorities? (barring injuries I'll do the other for free next week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Is Gundogan necessary for your team?

You've a solid 7 players there w/o Gundogan and Soucek 1st sub.

IMO, I'd bank or upgrade your defence.

Many are getting Gundogan in for KDB but you've no injuries/suspensions in your front 7/8 to worry about.

I hear you. In all honesty it's a kneejerk reaction after bringing in Soucek for the DGW instead of Gundogan and missing out on a good few points.

No major fires in defence either:

Martinez (Button)
    Cancelo, Chilwell, Coufal, Bednarek, Lowton

I was looking at Stones for Bednarek/Coufal (also a week too late!) but I'm .1 short.

Advertisement