Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Guess I'm keeping Werner a little longer :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I read the Athetic's coverage there and it's definitely Tuchel.

Will be interesting to see how it develops but too early to call anything yet.

Werner could definitely be the biggest beneficiary FPL wise you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Be interesting to see if Mount keeps his place- Frank loved him, but is he what the team needs to get the other lads performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if Mount keeps his place- Frank loved him, but is he what the team needs to get the other lads performing.

Coaches across the board seem to love him, so I guess no reason to think Tuchel will be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Colking wrote: »
    Be careful, there are strong rumours that Tuchel is coming in to help get the most out of Werner and Havertz as a fellow German speaker.

Does this mean Werner playing on the wing marauding in or played centrally ? Not sure but it might be worth keeping an eye on for a game or two before jumping.

Good point. Looks like Chelsea should be an option again but will wait a while. Tuchel never fully convinced me at PSG but will have to see how the first game or two go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone thinking of Zaha for KDB? Great fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not sure what to do...have looked at a few moves and boiled it down to 2 options:

KDB to Sterling

or

KDB to Gundog and Brewster to Bamford for a hit.

I'm not keen on Sterking at all tbh. Have owned him a few times over the years and it's never gone well tbh

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of Zaha for KDB? Great fixtures
    Just not sure there is a such thing as a great attacking fixture for Palace. Merely better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Couldn't decide on Sterling or Gundog as my KDB replacement so got both for a -4 with Soucek making way having been in my team for an entire week. Didn't want triple WH anyway (still have Coufal and Antonio) and if my reading on mr Crellins's projections is correct WH are unlikely to feature heavily in DGW26

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Need to sell Vardy. Have Bamford and Antonio up front at the moment. Honestly, not a clue who to get.

Werner - (a potential Lampard sacking bounce?) or Ings or Lacazette

Or

Bargain basement so I can build up my midfield.

First time I'm properly stumped in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

KDB and Vardy out. Zaha and kane in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Front line is:

Salah, Bruno, Son, Soucek, Anguissa
    Bamford, Vardy, Watkins

Have enough to go Vardy - Kane but I’m wondering if Vardy to Antonio is a better option and then upgrade Soucek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Front line is:

Salah, Bruno, Son, Soucek, Anguissa
    Bamford, Vardy, Watkins

Have enough to go Vardy - Kane but I’m wondering if Vardy to Antonio is a better option and then upgrade Soucek.

Id go Antonio 100%.

He could be on penalties also. He is a beast generally while fit, so he is fit now (hopefully for a while:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Might hold out and just put KDB on the bench, have Leeds cover (Dallas and Bamford) to come in. Mainly due to owning Timo and Mount and want to see how Chelsea re-act now as Timo was in my transfer plan until today.

Could just bank and go with;

Meslier
    Robbo, Justin, Dallas, Stones
    Mount, Salah, Maddison, Gundogan
    Bamford, Timo

Fab, Watkins, Taylor, KDB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Going to go KDB and Soucek for Gundogan and Son. Spent quite a bit of time looking at Son vs Liverpool and think he'll do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I was convinced by cancelo but it looks like he doesn't actually score and assist that much, I know he assisted against Cheltenham but it's a long way back to earlier in the season for his last one. Bad luck or no composure?

Either way I'll probably get Dias in for Kilman instead. Foden or Gundogan for KDB , not convinced by sterling. Could go son but is it foolish not to have city cover.

That's -4.

Do people think it's worth doing a -8 to take Wood to Antonio? Be gutted to be without wood tho :D

Could work in Kane for Wood too but I swore I would not get kane back as long as he plays as deep as he is, it frustrates me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Any clues on when villa will be fitting in their extra fixtures?

Have broken my moves down to

Kdb and vassilev out

Grealish/cavani
    Foden/werner in

Possibly a bit reactionary to get Werner this early but signs are sounding positive for him..

Any clues on when villa will be fitting in their extra fixtures?

Have broken my moves down to

Kdb and vassilev out

Grealish/cavani
    Foden/werner in

Possibly a bit reactionary to get Werner this early but signs are sounding positive for him..
    Werner in this week is the exact thing I'd be doing now if I had ground to make. He isn't far off Bruno in the captain stakes this week IMO. I rate his chances of scoring this week as higher than 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1353799229878247424?s=19

Adds more options to the Pep roulette in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

So cavani vs Wilson vs bamford

And kane vs Werner

I'm currently thinking Werner and Bamford this week...but would probably dump Werner for kane next week,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I was convinced by cancelo but it looks like he doesn't actually score and assist that much, I know he assisted against Cheltenham but it's a long way back to earlier in the season for his last one. Bad luck or no composure?

Either way I'll probably get Dias in for Kilman instead. Foden or Gundogan for KDB , not convinced by sterling. Could go son but is it foolish not to have city cover.

That's -4.

Do people think it's worth doing a -8 to take Wood to Antonio? Be gutted to be without wood tho :D

Could work in Kane for Wood too but I swore I would not get kane back as long as he plays as deep as he is, it frustrates me so much.

I'd pick Cancelo especially short term until europe starts again.
    The CBs risk of rotation/rest is greater now with Laporte and Ake fit.
    Stones better than Dias because he is cheaper.
    For budget balance keeping Kilman (Wolves, with Boly back might start keeping a few CSs) and selling a higher priced one might be better.

Antonio over Wood. Villa playing well and WH create chances so I like this transfer.

Could leave the City defender to next week for free depending on first sub but long term will pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Okay. Werner back into my squad for the 3rd time this season. I was unsure what to do but had to sell Vardy before his price drop tonight.

It also means I won't be taking a -4 this week as I was considering using the Vardy funds to bolster my midfield. So he's already got me 4 points :pac: He's a great lad Timo.

He's currently the 22nd most transferred forward this week and behind Abraham. Be interesting to see where he ranks tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    Do people think it's worth doing a -8 to take Wood to Antonio? Be gutted to be without wood tho

Jim Gazebo wrote:

Thinking of selling Wood for Kane myself for a -8, can see Spurs doing well against Pool this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

ElTel wrote: »
    I'd pick Cancelo especially short term until europe starts again.
    The CBs risk of rotation/rest is greater now with Laporte and Ake fit.
    Stones better than Dias because he is cheaper.
    For budget balance keeping Kilman (Wolves, with Boly back might start keeping a few CSs) and selling a higher priced one might be better.

Antonio over Wood. Villa playing well and WH create chances so I like this transfer.

Could leave the City defender to next week for free depending on first sub but long term will pay off.

Cheers with walker back do we have problems with cancelo playtime tho?

I could but kilman has been in my team too long, he's not playing at all. Lost 0.3 in value on him, and I have KWP who wont play this week. Just need that one to strengthen the bench a bit really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Torn between Sterling and Gundog. Will prob go with Sterling.

Edit: Gundogan leaves funds to also bring in Jesus as my 3rd striker. No I'm really not sure. Although, Jesus has let me down before...

I could but kilman has been in my team too long, he's not playing at all. Lost 0.3 in value on him, and I have KWP who wont play this week. Just need that one to strengthen the bench a bit really.

Walker has been around most of the time anyway.
    Fair enough with Kilman but maybe he could do a Soucek/Saka and recoup you some money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Torn between Sterling and Gundog. Will prob go with Sterling.

no no no, too many people are jumping on MY bandwagon ...it will only end in tears !

Okay. Werner back into my squad for the 3rd time this season. I was unsure what to do but had to sell Vardy before his price drop tonight.

It also means I won't be taking a -4 this week as I was considering using the Vardy funds to bolster my midfield. So he's already got me 4 points :pac: He's a great lad Timo.

He's currently the 22nd most transferred forward this week and behind Abraham. Be interesting to see where he ranks tomorrow.

Ha FPL masochism has always been a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cancelo preferred over Zinchenko and Mendy on the left possibly too. He'll play somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

My first hit of the season.

Already did Vardy to Antonio.

I've Taylor and KWP so wanted to lose one of them. Had been contemplating Stones for the City defence double up as he is still cheap for what he is. So made sense to do it. I'd like to think it will pay its way but we'll see. Might get KWP back at some point though.

Advertisement