Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek 19 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

72 all out, with Taylor limping off denying me a clean-sheet (and Targett's clean-sheet on the bench). Relatively happy in the sense that I didn't lose any ground in my ML and a few lads didn't get a huge score off TC'ing De Bruyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

111 74 of that in defence most surprised with vardys returns

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

105 (-4)

Up to 36k. Grealish and Martinez to go.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Pope and Lowton. Hasn't been going my way lately so delighted to finally have something positive.

Edit: Ah missed the sarcasm haha

I missed the sarcasm too. No. I don’t get it.

Extraordinary haul, tonight, and well done. I was going to ask how has it been going because you must be pretty off template but you answered that.

It’s a good example of keeping and trusting your budget defenders because you never know where the clean sheets will come. Obviously Pope isn’t a cheapie though.

Not many teams have better cheap defenders than Burnley. Will be interesting to see where Tarkowski is next season. I’d imagine that deal has already been signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

75 (-4) with Watkins and Martinez to go. My Sterling TC choice saved me big time. Little else went right and my biggest mistake looks to be going Watkins over Antonio, unless the former does something special against Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

141(-4).

Martinez to play. 30(-4) from the bench boost so far.

The kind of week when doing something as blatantly stupid as having no Liverpool players for their DGW can now be claimed as genius. :)

Projected to be around 580k OR which is not far off a 1m green arrow this week. 1.5m up over the blank and double. 2.25m up in the last 4 GWs.

Nosebleed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

108 with Targett and El Ghazi still to play. Delighted with the score but pretty bummed I missed the deadline with a savage hangover and forgetting to replace Adams with Antonio which was my plan all week. Oh well, can't complain!

Up past 500k for the first time after a terrible start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

FHFC wrote: »
    141(-4).

Martinez to play. 30(-4) from the bench boost so far.

The kind of week when doing something as blatantly stupid as having no Liverpool players for their DGW can now be claimed as genius. :)

Projected to be around 580k OR which is not far off a 1m green arrow this week. 1.5m up over the blank and double. 2.25m up in the last 4 GWs.

Nosebleed!

Savage stuff man!

Huge rank jump.

I'd a small 20k green arrow after that mess to 340k.

Watkins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I had 9 DGW players. My only player to get returns in both games was Dias.

Salah and Soucek blanked in boths along with Bamford for his single.

Can't say I'm expecting much from Grealish, Wilson or Martinez. They need to get 16 between them to get to the tonne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

This week has bee like walking through mud.

I had 21 players (until Johnstone decided not to start one game) and with Grealish left I'm on 86 points.

1 goal and 5 assists is my full return, with Dias my top scorer.

The only consolation is that I didn't use a chip. BB would be 8 + Martinez and my TC choices were Salah, Fernandes or KDB.

Not taking the -4 for Adams to Antonio (as I wanted to start Bamford) will haunt me, especially as I'm almost certain to take that hit this week :mad:

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    This week has bee like walking through mud.

I had 21 players (until Johnstone decided not to start one game) and with Grealish left I'm on 86 points.

1 goal and 5 assists is my full return, with Dias my top scorer.

The only consolation is that I didn't use a chip. BB would be 8 + Martinez and my TC choices were Salah, Fernandes or KDB.

Not taking the -4 for Adams to Antonio (as I wanted to start Bamford) will haunt me, especially as I'm almost certain to take that hit this week :mad:

In a similar situation. Didn't do Wilson to Antonio because of the Newcastle double. Held off on BB which would have gotten me 5 points.

Only good thing I did was captaining Sterling over Salah

Still have my TC, BB and WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I've decided I'm better without these chips, gets me overthinking the situations!!

Had planned the double GW grand(I thought)and then the leeds-saints game gets called off. Forced me into thinking a Salah TC might be of use to stay at the top of my ML. Somehow only lost ground of 10pts so far which is a saving grace

Brutal week of 72 with Grealish & Wilson left....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Edit: Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at building for DGW 26, hopefully not using the transfer that week, dead end to BGW29. WC 30, FH 33. Use my TC on one of the DGWs around then, or the earlier City ones.

Don’t really see the play to WC in 25, leaves you stuck with 29 as a major problem

How soon will we have confirmation on fixtures for DGW 26 ? or do we already know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,086 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    How soon will we have confirmation on fixtures for DGW 26 ? or do we already know ?
    After the fa cup 5th round is played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭redarmy

Aston Villa XI: Martínez; Targett, Mings, Konsa, Cash; D Luiz, Nakamba; Grealish, Barkley, B Traoré; Watkins.

Seat El Ghazi on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭scotchy

NEWCASTLE TEAM NEWS

Team to face Aston Villa: Darlow, Manquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Lewis, Hayden, Shelvey, Hendrick, Almiron, Wilson, Carroll.

Subs: Dubravka, Longstaff, Joelinton, Saint-Maximin, Ritchie, Gayle, Krafth, Fraser, Murphy.

ASTON VILLA TEAM NEWS

Team to face Newcastle: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, Nakamba, Grealish, Barkley, Traore, Watkins.

Subs: Heaton, Taylor, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Engels, Guilbert, El Mohamady, Davis, Ramsey.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

4 tonight to close off the GW - Martinez.Targett, Watkins & CWilson. Funking for Villa I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Watkins goal (Targett)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Watkins goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Dice75 wrote: »
    4 tonight to close off the GW - Martinez.Targett, Watkins & CWilson. Funking for Villa I guess.

Decent start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ollie Watkins finally repays the faith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Targett assist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

My god I forgot what it was like to get points.

Traore (Grealish)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Traore (Grealish)

POINTS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Have grealish as well, nice one! It's a little bit better anyway :)

Newcastle a are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

G'man Jack

Badly wanted points :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

siblers wrote: »
    Newcastle a are awful

?

Advertisement