Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I sue my Elderly Uncle?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

KungPao wrote: »
    Call me a cynic if you must, but I have doubts concerning the veracity of this story.

Said no claims court ever!

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    even the OP ended up in a wheelchair having broken his neck , he would not succeed in taking the uncles house

people dont loose their homes in PR claim cases in this country no matter who reckless they were and how badly injured the other party was

OK, so I hope the uncle has to sell a kidney to come up with the minimum 300k this loving nephew is due for enduring such agony.
    No doubt his promising career as a gymnast has been cut short

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

and we wonder why the price of insurance is going through the roof on this country!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

OK, so I hope the uncle has to sell a kidney to come up with the minimum 300k this loving nephew is due for enduring such agony.
    No doubt his promising career as a gymnast has been cut short

ah look i get the p1iss take story is funny , im just being serious for a moment , claims involving homes are a whole different kettle of fish to motor claims where its often a handy little earner

ah look i get the p1iss take story is funny , im just being serious for a moment , claims involving homes are a whole different kettle of fish to motor claims where its often a handy little earner

The whole insurance claim is a farce, whether slipping on a chip, falling in a pot hole or getting hit by a car travelling 4mph

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Lads the thread is purely a piss take of the compensation culture in this country!!

Got a few witty responses but was expecting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Takes me back, when I was in school it rained and someone unfortunately slipped in the car park.

Post incident, someone on the student council made a serious suggestion to put a wet floor sign in the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

The whole insurance claim is a farce, whether slipping on a chip, falling in a pot hole or getting hit by a car travelling 4mph

not so , if someone you believe is negligent decides to act beligerently when it comes to a public liability insurance , its not easy at all getting money off them and they are not even obliged to be insured in the first place

different story with motor insurance claims where bar unless you are a tinker , the law will force you to step up and be accountable for someones injury

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Are you trying to get him back for the times you were his "favourite nephew" and he gave you gobstoppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Edgware wrote: »
    Are you trying to get him back for the times you were his "favourite nephew" and he gave you gobstoppers?

Those weren't gobstoppers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,487 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well they shut him at least...
    Apart from the slobbering, I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

KungPao wrote: »
    Call me a cynic if you must, but I have doubts concerning the veracity of this story.

Cynic
    Pcgamer wrote: »
    Lads the thread is purely a piss take of the compensation culture in this country!!

Got a few witty responses but was expecting more.

Should have put in more effort then, shouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Maybe aniseed balls so

not so , if someone you believe is negligent decides to act beligerently when it comes to a public liability insurance , its not easy at all getting money off them and they are not even obliged to be insured in the first place

different story with motor insurance claims where bar unless you are a tinker , the law will force you to step up and be accountable for someones injury

At the risk of associating myself with such a comment, given our courts propensity to hand out cash for dodgy claims, its a pretty safe to say, personal injuries and compo culture is a farce, whether you've the comfort of insurance or not. Indeed there's a lot to be said for defendants being far more belligerent and counter suing, if the odds weren't stacked against them.

Advertisement