Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want the jab . . .

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Haven't seen my parents in 19 months The moment I can pay for it I'm getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Pay for it?

The Covid vaccine is free, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

AMKC wrote: »
    Well as long as we do not get the Madorna jab I am ok. Who knows what Trump had them put on that Vaccine. The Pfizer jab for me too please hopefully.

I'd quite happily have given Madonna a jab back in the day. Now, not so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Pay for it?

The Covid vaccine is free, isn't it?

You don't think you could slip your doctor a fifty to jab you quick?

It's still a country of who you know.

Hilarious :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Big bag of jabs with the lads.

Anyone even remotely interested in discussing getting the Covid vaccine?

Face down, ass up.

Hilarious :rolleyes:

Whats hilarious?

Each Pfizer vial has 6 doses. They were Authorised to draw 5 doses from each vial.

Some doctors were drawing 6, but some sticking at 5.
    You think all those extra cc's are being poured down the sink?
    Don't be naieve.

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-allows-extra-doses-from-biontech-pfizer-vaccine-vial/a-56170558

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Face down, ass up.

A quick squirt and stick it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

paw patrol wrote: »
    i'd never wish harm on anybody but when i see people like in this thread openly mock people with concerns about a hastily made vaccine , part of me wish there was a side effect...3 months of uncontrollable diarrhea that kicked in after 6 months just to ensure enough internet heroes took the vaccine. that would be good.

Let me get this straight: You want everyone, including all the OAP's, the vulnerable in society, the front line health workers to get uncontrollable diarrhea because 3 people in this thread mocked someone?
    That's reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Cerveza wrote: »
    That Astra one can flatten the morning horn.

''Here's hoping'', says Mrs Cerveza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

COVID wrote: »
    ''Here's hoping'', says Mrs Cerveza.

Let me tell ya, no respect, no respect at all, <pulls at tie>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Cienciano wrote: »
    Let me get this straight: You want everyone, including all the OAP's, the vulnerable in society, the front line health workers to get uncontrollable diarrhea because 3 people in this thread mocked someone?
    That's reasonable

this thread is not reasonable.
    you get what you put into it

paw patrol wrote: »
    this thread is not reasonable.
    you get what you put into it

Not reasonable is an understatement, it's turned into a complete mess.
    Certainly hasn't gone as well as expected in getting feedback re getting the vaccine.

My fault for posting it in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

^
    If you're being serious, then I think the above is a hilarious post.
    If you're taking the piss, then it's still funny, but not quite as much.

For what it's worth, I'll be lining up for the jab too, with no qualms.
    Well done on your change of heart.
    The more individuals who take the vaccine, the better it will be for society as a whole.

Ignore the anti-vaxxers, the vast majority of whom are just cranks, malcontents and tin foil-hatted eejits!

Not reasonable is an understatement, it's turned into a complete mess.
    Certainly hasn't gone as well as expected in getting feedback re getting the vaccine.

My fault for posting it in After Hours.

There is already a vaccine thread in the COVID forum, is there not?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

“We have one dose left — is there anyone in the building who wants it?”

(NY Post reporter) I jumped and screamed, “Me!”

Then gives out about it!
    hannah-frishberg-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1236&h=820&crop=1

https://nypost.com/2021/01/11/was-i-really-the-right-person-to-get-this-coveted-covid-19-vaccine/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 boldrevolt

CruelCoin wrote: »
    You could argue that it was made in haste if they skipped some stages of testing etc, but they didn't.
    Instead of running them in sequence, they ran the trials in parallel and that obviously cuts down some time.
    Add to that the huge uptake in donated CPU time that helped them cut down on the time it takes to select viable vaccine candidates etc.

Quick only means dodgy if they cut corners, and there's no evidence as yet that that is the case.

Look up "The Spirit of Science | Jay Bhattacharya" on youtube
    youtube.com / watch?v=-ESXdVbIhmg

there are good reasons to be concerned and agree with the previous poster that making fun of anybody hat seems concerned is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

boldrevolt wrote: »

there are good reasons to be concerned and agree with the previous poster that making fun of anybody hat seems concerned is ridiculous.

Why can't people be bothered to actually do some reading and see the science behind it?

It wasn't rushed. It was fast, yes but everything was done properly and thoroughly rigorously. In-depth clinical trials, approved by many boards and yet we still get armchair experts saying they're suspicious of it. You literally had a global effort dedicated to it. Labs, universities, pharmaceutical companies, years of research already conducted on similar disease such as Sars outbreak of 2003.

But yet, get the tinfoil hat out and ignore all that.

And to those, I say go f******* read a bit and have a bit of comprehension what it is you're against.

You are against nothing, it's just so inherently arrogant they people live in a world built up because of the logical, factual based process of science and still have the audacity to say such stupid things.

The science is there. The results are there. The methodology has been followed. But no. Your 5 minutes of light reading and you're against it.

So yes, we will all make fun of you if you keep spewing nonsense that doesn't have anything to back it up with. Sick of people like this having the temerity to think they know better when they know nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 boldrevolt

chrissb8 wrote: »
    And to those, I say go f******* read a bit and have a bit of comprehension what it is you're against.

i know this lockdown crap has been hard on us all.
    and i just want to say i'm sorry for the distress it has caused you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

i know this lockdown crap has been hard on us all.
    and i just want to say i'm sorry for the distress it has caused you.

I have no problem with lockdown, just folk who think their opinion based on limited or misunderstood information undercuts the good work of people who are working tirelessly to help us get back to normal living.

^
    If you're being serious, then I think the above is a hilarious post.
    If you're taking the piss, then it's still funny, but not quite as much.

Hilarious, right :confused:
    Think you've misunderstood?
    Well done on your change of heart.
    The more individuals who take the vaccine, the better it will be for society as a whole.

Ah, that's more like it ...

That guy is with the Panda group that argues opening up society, but you post his video as an argument against vaccinations that are intended to do just that.

mental gymnast much.

Advertisement