Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want the jab . . .

Options
  • 11-01-2021 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

After days and weeks arguing with myself about the pros & cons of getting the Pfizer jab, I've decided that I'm gonna get it, when it becomes available ...

Pros are obvious, and I had been worried about any hidden long term negative affects, but 'hey' I'm gonna go for it and trust the scientists & pharmacists ✓

Get the jab & keep Covid away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

QoKOma.gif

There's no side effects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Cool story.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm not getting it cos they're putting microchips in it and they're going to control us all using 5G :pac:

Am I doing this right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

More of an Astra Zenica man myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I want a bag of Barry’s jabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm not getting it cos they're putting microchips in it and they're going to control us all using 5G :pac:

Am I doing this right ?

But think of the guitar pedal knowledge you'll have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

That Astra one can flatten the morning horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Am I doing this right ?

Think they're planning on dispersing it through 5g anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jabbaway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

cursai wrote: »
    Think they're planning on dispersing it through 5g anyway.

No cos chemtrails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Am I doing this right ?

Can't get high speed broadband in my home in rural Ireland. Now the bloody Dubs are getting 5g injected into them. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No cos chemtrails

Seriously that's so outdated, it's buses now, all that adblue is just a front....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

oh thank god, this was going to keep me up all night wondering whether or not you were getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

tumblr_norni5UH5J1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Stick it in quick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

myshirt wrote: »
    More of an Astra Zenica man myself

I hear the moderna has a spicier bouquet and a smoother finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm nervous enough because of Bill Gates involvement. Friend of mine got the jab and the very next day went out and bought the new xbox.
    He was always a PlayStation man before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm nervous enough because of Bill Gates involvement. Friend of mine got the jab and the very next day went out and bought the new xbox.

Superior conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well as long as we do not get the Madorna jab I am ok. Who knows what Trump had them put on that Vaccine. The Pfizer jab for me too please hopefully.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

He should have no fear. Yes there have been allegations that Bill Gates has been more involved than he is letting on, but be safe in the knowledge that this is a man who has been dealing with a constant stream of viruses since Windows 95.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

After days and weeks arguing with myself about the pros & cons of getting the Pfizer jab, I've decided that I'm gonna get it, when it becomes available ...

Class act. Huge respect, and I say this as a Johnson and Johnson fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Allinall

What's the pay and conditions like? Holiday entitlements?

And as a completely off topic comment- why don't people read thread titles properly before wading in with a reply?

They took our jabs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'm going to insist that I get it in my bare bum, pants all the way down to my ankles.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsHeEv3WXHohkGq7WL2AtwSEk1wY9kLCPywg&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Allinall wrote: »
    And as a completely off topic comment- why don't people read thread titles properly before wading in with a reply?

I guess because this is after hours, which seems to be even more crazy & off its rocker than normal.

My fault for starting this thread here as I should have posted this in Current Affairs or the Covid thread (if I wanted people's true feelings) and ideas re getting the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i'd never wish harm on anybody but when i see people like in this thread openly mock people with concerns about a hastily made vaccine , part of me wish there was a side effect...3 months of uncontrollable diarrhea that kicked in after 6 months just to ensure enough internet heroes took the vaccine. that would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

paw patrol wrote: »
    i'd never wish harm on anybody but when i see people like in this thread openly mock people with concerns about a hastily made vaccine , part of me wish there was a side effect...3 months of uncontrollable diarrhea that kicked in after 6 months just to ensure enough internet heroes took the vaccine. that would be good.

You could argue that it was made in haste if they skipped some stages of testing etc, but they didn't.
    Instead of running them in sequence, they ran the trials in parallel and that obviously cuts down some time.
    Add to that the huge uptake in donated CPU time that helped them cut down on the time it takes to select viable vaccine candidates etc.

Quick only means dodgy if they cut corners, and there's no evidence as yet that that is the case.

I'd get it this afternoon if I could, and sign up to whatever passport / certificate will inevitably be proposed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

I'm going to insist that I get it in my bare bum, pants all the way down to my ankles.

Reminds me of the time I was getting a tetanus vaccine. The previous time I'd got it on my arse, so I made the mistaken assumption that it would be the same, and so whipped my trousers down. The nurse turned around, looked an me and almost screaming what are you doing???!!!

Yeah - so I guess things have moved on and they give it in the arm now. :o

Advertisement