Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Banks Freezing Loans?

Options
  • 11-01-2021 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi Just wondering if the banks are freezing mortgages / car loans etc like the last lock down. I read somewhere that they weren't. Both myself and my wife are now out of work both receiving PUP of €203 each. That is the only income coming in to the house (3 kids). I have to ring the banks tomorrow to see about freezing the loans again.

What is the Governments stance with the Banks. It seems to be a different approach to the last lockdown. I'm with PermanentTSB for mortgage. Just wondering if anyone has contacted them & what was the outcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

jayo2004 wrote: »
    Hi Just wondering if the banks are freezing mortgages / car loans etc like the last lock down. I read somewhere that they weren't. Both myself and my wife are now out of work both receiving PUP of €203 each. That is the only income coming in to the house (3 kids). I have to ring the banks tomorrow to see about freezing the loans again.

What is the Governments stance with the Banks. It seems to be a different approach to the last lockdown. I'm with PermanentTSB for mortgage. Just wondering if anyone has contacted them & what was the outcome?

Currently there is no Gov mandated mortgage deferral or the like for wave 3, so you will have to negotiate with your lender and it will impact your Credit score etc. as in normal times when you cannot meet your payments.

Advertisement