Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

You won't lose your Gmail address, carry on as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

my card expired for Argentina, won't let me update it. What's the best plan now and how to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭baz9375

I was having same issue back in January but I could add my Irish card as backup payment method OK. Once they tried for payment on the expired card it took payment on the backup Irish card and then also let me mark it as my primary one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ooter

I used Express VPN for Ghana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Thanks lads, signed up to Ghana with a card that expires in 2029.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭in2dark

I managed to setup a new family subscription from turkey. Problem is when i send invitations to other gmails of my family they cannot join because "you are not in the same country" message appears.

I even turned on vpn and tried, no joy...

Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I think you have to have the family set up, then get the family sub.

I setup the family ( sent the invites) but when i tried to accept the invites no joy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭wassie

Its the first thing to do in the 1st post. Unsure of any workaround sorry. Maybe trawl reddit for a solution.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'll try rephrasing, you send the invites to family 1st, then you set up the family account in Turkey/Ghana or wherever.

• Advertisement

This is exactly what i did.

I first sent the invites

Then created the family subscription in TR

Problem is half the invites cannot be accepted. The ones that have an irish payments profile (wallet) cannot accept the invite

The kids that just have an ordinary gmail with no payment details when i login using a vpn the invite gets accepted...

Stuck... Will try reddit hoping there is solution

You or your family members shouldn't need to use a VPN at any stage after you've signed up to premium

Unfortunately the problem seems to be is the family setup was not completed. For this hack to work successfully, it has always relied upon the family group to be set up first. Trying to add new family members post-subscribing is problematic, as you are finding.

i.e. invites needed to be accepted, then subscribe to YT Premium via Turkey.

You could try making sure everyone's address and their payment profile address is the same as the family manager. But this comes with the risk that the family group could also be disabled. I recall reading reports of people having access to Google products and services that need a family group to work restricted temporarily.

Might be possible to create a new gmail account and have that as the primary family manager and setup a new family group in which you all join. Then use that gmail account to subscribe to Turkey. But I would warn that you should research this properly before going down this route, especially if the family members emails accounts are important as doing workarounds can have unintended consequences. YMMV.

Also need to be fully aware of limitations on switching family groups every 12 months - read FAQ in article below.

https://support.google.com/families/answer/6317858?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwhat-happens-when-you-leave-your-family-group

Thanks very much for the detailed answer. I was planning to update what happened last night and I saw your answer. You are spot on.

So the problem was that I set up the new family prior to setting up the new sub BUT i couldnt accept the invites because the addresses were already part of another active sub family. I had a family setup under my main gmail account in india for the last 3 years. BEcause i was scare I will lose access to my gmail account i decided to stop that subscription and use a burner email with a new family subscription in india / turkey.

So i created the new family, i sent the invites, i couldnt accept the invites, i set up a new family sub in turkey with the use of bluestack solution that was mentioned here before (

) and then waited for the old sub to end before joning the new family (critical mistake this part)

Anyway… I managed to overcome the issue by deleting all payment profiles of the family members, then i stopped getting the error message "you are not in the same country" and now we are all are in turkey on monthly sub.

I hope will not have the issue you mentioned about the family to be nuked…

Glad you got it sorted and I think you will be fine. It can really be all consuming trying to make these hacks work.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ConorC1

Did anyone else's YouTube premium get cancelled out of the blue?

Just got an email to say mine was cancelled and I'll lose the benefits on the 14th of June. I was paying monthly through YouTube Ukraine.

Wonder are they clamping down. They can surely tell I am in Ireland based on the different IPs I use with broadband and mobile data

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Nollog

Family accounts need to be set up in the same country.

You possibly set up your account or your family members set theirs up in - for example - the UK, and others in Ireland. They need to be all UK or all Ireland in that case.

I have the same problem with my "family", I made a new account in their region to join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ConorC1

Yes. It renewed on the 14th of May as normal

I have since received another email from YouTube....

"Your YouTube Premium membership was canceled because we believe the signup country of Ukraine was inaccurate."

Shooot... Does this happen now? I had 3 years indian sub and no issue.

Have ither people got similar emails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No, nothing yet, I'm using Argentina monthly. If they do shut it down I'll pay the full money, YouTube with Ads is unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Exact same thing happened me, I'm using it through Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I think we're rumbled lads, feck it anyway it was good while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Yeah I got the email yesterday too. If anybody figures out a way to redo it let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Im still on Argentina but I'm out of credit on my virtual card so need to add another one for next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm set up in India and haven't seen any email yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭muloc

Ah here, its the only thing I actually use. I'm in Turkey but no email 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I keep getting emails from Google telling me there is an issue with my payment setup but the payment still processes via revolut with no issues, set up in Argentina about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Same, declined regularly and goes through the next day

• Advertisement

Im just quietly keeping my head down and hoping my sub keeps going ok! I'm with Argentina a few years now with zero payment issues 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Advertisement