Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not sure about whether it's only YouTube would be suspended. But, they're clearly clamping down on tourism for YouTube accounts.

I've been rejected for several countries when trying to renew - Argentina, Ukraine, India.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

It's just the you tube premium that's suspended. All your other Google stuff will be grand. Just set it up in a different country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Jesus I can’t get signed up at all!! All I get is the “we couldn’t verify your country!!”

I’ve tried, Argentina, Turkey, Brazil etc

I tried, the following,

using incognito

NordVPN also tried hola VPN

Cleared cache when it didn’t work

Tried different browser

tried different gmail account

changed VPN server

nothing!! anything else have the same issue? Haven’t even managed to get to payment page!! Anyone that’s change country recently, would you be able to post the steps you used to get it to work?

Thanks in advance

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sirius88

Looking for one spot if anyone has any annual family openings. Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

I need to change card on my Argentina YT premium family sub. Has anyone done this successfully recently? And if so, did it all go ok or was it near impossible? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

yeah I’m getting transaction error also on Indian. Tried everything, I’ll have to try bluestack method today. Going to do monthly to save all this hassle going forward!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭baz9375

I had to change card in February - wasn't accepting new card as main card but would accept it as backup card. When it came to payment time (and main card expired) it took payment from the backup card no problem. (Card is N26 Mastercard Debit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

This seems to be dead now, I tried and got the country issue message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

sounds similar, I got it working with urban VPN

So I have had premium from Ukraine for a few months and decided to upgrade to the family plan. took a while but it worked by opening Urban VPN to Ukraine, open premium in incognito mode and manage your subscription, select upgrade to Family, turn off VPN before you pay and it worked. Incognito mode was the key as it refused when in normal browsing mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Got an email this morning that they are increasing the price for Argentina family sub. More than double at 3,699 ARS from June

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Still worth it at that price to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

3700 pesos is €4…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone added storage to their family plan? I'm signed up in Argentina and would like to add cloud storage but I'm not sure if it's possible.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The single plan is jumping to a shocking €2.05 from June, should I ring my TD to complain 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭POBox19

ARS 1,899, huge increase, maybe I’ll threaten to cancel my subscription. Should bring them to their senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭bren2001

I signed up at ARS 199 in 2022. Thats a 1,500% price increase in 18 months.

The ARS has plummeted and I've never actually seen a real increase in euro. Will be €2 next month, still well worth it. A lot cheaper than the 11.99 a month in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

They doubled the price of the Argentinian plans around a year ago, mine doubled from around €1 per month to €2 per month and then the ARS currency depreciated continuously over the year down to slightly below €1 recently so it's just yo-yoing back up to €2 again they must be expecting further ARS depreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭bren2001

Last time it over doubled in ARS price (December 2023, $389 → $869) it went from €1.06 → €0.99. That's not a typo.

Argentina is in a bad bad way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Yes you're right that's crazy I never noticed that price increase in December just checked my Revolut on November 14th I paid ARS 389 for EUR 1.03 and then on December 14th I paid ARS 869 for EUR 1.00

For the love of god, I can not get this to work,

I’ve tried 3 different VPN’s and confirmed my IP is being seen as the country I’m trying,

I tried incognito on Chrome and Safari,

I tried using a different gmail account I have and still nothing.

Tried, Argentina, Turkey, Ukraine

Using Revolut Mastercard,

At this stage I’m will to join a family pass if anyone has a spare slot or if anyone has recently got this working and what were the exact steps you used.

I either can’t get past the “We could not verify your country”, if I manage to get pass this to get to pay, I turn off the VPN before I add the card, it adds successfully, but then I get the error payment message.

Help me please

Thanks

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Try Ghana, it's the only one that worked for me. It's about 3.50 euro per month for a family.

You little beauty, that work for me, did all the same things but Ghana worked. Signed up for 23GH individual for 1.65pm

Thank you thank you thank you

What VPN did you use? Just so others will know.

What made you think of Ghana of all places🤔.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Why wouldn't I think of our Ghana brothers? :)

Nah, I just tried them all.

I did set up a brand new Gmail account for my niece and tried Argentina, it worked straight away.

The brother lived in Accra for a few years, he had ftth when I still had ADSL 😏 yet you couldn't buy a secondhand car as everything was a write off shipped over from America. Luckily Argentina is still working for me.

I used same gmail I have with turkey, used NordVPN and just turned off vpn when adding card to payment method

• Advertisement

been there, just give it up for a few weeks, it will work in May… it’s a pain in the hole, you will eventually get it working.

Advertisement