Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex and the City: And Just Like That

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

That cameo was absolutely unnecessary and pointless. Added nothing to the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭suvigirl

After I saw the 2nd movie, which was beyond dire, I swore I wouldn't watch this series...... A week of boredom and God help me I watched them. Total torture, I kept thinking maybe it could improve, but no.

While the 2nd series was marginally better then the 1st ( impossible to be worse) I can honestly say I will not be tuning into the 3rd. It's so bad. There is nothing I can say in its favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I still haven't watched the second season, and according to the reviews (here and in general) I'm surprised it was renewed for a third.

How could they mess up something that was so good, so badly?

I'm trying to erase season one of AJLT from my mind and thankfully I never saw the movies. I guess for me the real star of SATC was always Samantha Jones. She was always the character I enjoyed the most.

By avoiding AJLT, at least, I can still watch the original series and enjoy it for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

Oh god that finale was awful. Seema (spelling?!) and her miserable face has zero chemistry with the guy she's in love with. Aidan turned out to be a dud! Miranda can't move for attracting women. The annoying podcast couple. EVERYONE was painful! I was waiting for the ceiling of the apartment to crash down and generate some drama 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

How exactly did Aiden and Carrie leave things, I remember him saying it would be five years and him not being able to travel as much(at all) bc of the kid.

But I think I must be wrong in that as it seemed an odd reaction to him doing a lot of what she did to him back in the day.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Aidan arriving at the party with a chainsaw and mask 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Photobox

The Samantha scene seemed very contrived and fake, especially as we know how she really feels. It was unnecessary. If she got the reported money no wonder she did it.. The only couple that were not painful IMO were Lisa and Herbert. The rest! Surprised it got a third season too. Must be some big money earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Baybay

For me, the sparse nuggets that ring true make it worth watching. We all age, we all end up parting ways with some friends regardless of what we think when we’re younger, some of us are widowed, some choose to go grey or not & most have teenage or older children that still need us. Are we all super wealthy, probably not. Do we all a have our wardrobe of choice, maybe not but I think we can all identify with challenging relationships even if the details are different.

Samantha could very well be someone with whom I might have ended up with a bit of distance from over the years, likewise Carrie. For me the most disappointing character is Miranda but who knows how we deal with how we age?

The show is a bit of escapism. Always was so I take it for what it is & (whisper) enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

And Carrie just couldn't stick to her one word rule and just went on and on. All about her as always!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Photobox

I think the bed scene at the end with Carrie and Aidan was the most we have ever seen of SJP, wasn't expecting that at all! She never did sex scenes in the original series. It was always apres sex scenes usually in her bra!

She has an anti-nudity clause in her contract.

Her knickers are always full briefs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Omg Che really is the worst character that was ever invented.

I've always hated her but just watched episode 5, season 2 she is self absorbed and selfish it's unreal.

What have they done to Mirandas character she is pathetic.

Charlotte is same as always, love Anthony his one lines are class, Seema I also like but just too much woke going on.

Carrie is much better so far this season( may change when Aidan appears) much more fun and back to herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Go on Steve, episode 6 lashing Miranda out of it, everything he said she deserved.

The cheek of her giving out to him for sleeping with some one.

Is she for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Didn't like that final episode at all. Firstly how did Carrie fit that enormous table into her little apartment. Why did she have to invite all those new, terrible characters. I'd much prefered to have seen just Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte eating take away food and opening a few bottles. It would have been a much better ending. Samantha could have video called the 3 of them. That would have been a much more authentic ending to the series. Well I watch season 3, of course I will 😉

Sara Ramirez has been officially dropped from the show

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good bloody riddance. One of the most irritating characters ever put on screen.

I agree but so many of the new characters are pointless and irritating

Saw that. Absolutely hated her character and how Miranda was around her. (Loved her in Grey's and liked her in madame secretary)

There's a few more "new" characters that could easily get dropped too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Might not be a popular thing to saw but the pendulum is really swinging on overly "woke" content.

Nobody asked for it, nobody needs it and nobody wants it.

The writing of the Che character has to be one of the most ham fisted things in TV history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭suvigirl

All the characters should be bitten rid of at this stage, the whole thing has been going downhill fast since the second movie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Advertisement