Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex and the City: And Just Like That

Options

Comments

Good for you for lasting that long.

I watched the first 20 minutes of episode one and turned it off. Complete crap.

All the original characters do is annoy me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Stanford's death mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Deregos.

My misses was watching this the other evening. I didn't mind Sex in the City but this is mind boggling, woke shyte of the highest order.

She had to agree.

Stanford didn't die on the show.

He went off to Japan to manage a tiktok or instagram star, something like that.

His husband Anthony was talking about his hook ups so I thought maybe he was killed off screen as the actor died while away or did they break up, uncouple?

Anthony is the only character who imho has remained the same from the OG series

• Advertisement

IIRC Stanford and Anthony broke up - it's one of the reasons Stanford left for Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah he was annoying then and is still annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Baybay

Hard to like the individual characters in AJLT though it just about hangs together as a whole. I always liked Miranda and Miranda & Steve together but I don’t really recognise the people they’ve become. Perhaps true enough to life when you meet some old friends after years apart. She seems less confident which may be in part to do with her age but her ambition to be the human rights activist in S1 seems to have been sidelined for Che. The old Miranda wouldn’t have had time for Che, maybe that’s why the dynamic feels so wrong.

I did love the first two episodes of S1. I thought the sudden death, Carrie’s dazed confusion & the desire & need to do this one last perfect thing for Big was very well written & portrayed. I rewatched those first two episodes again after watching the first two of S2 & they were still impactful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Carrie it was I think, mentioned that he passed away in response to someone admiring a piece of something she was wearing.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

He was the one character I never really liked in satc .....I'm not a fan of stereotypical gay bitchy characters.

He is very OTT a camp b!tch but same throughout both shows

There is no likeable characters anymore, the newbies are awful just diabolical

We'll see how they manage to feck Aidan up when he returns.

AFAIR from film 2, he was married with kids, I don't want an affair for him and Carrie, they should stay friends only as she always choose Big over him

Has it struck anyone else about the amount of nudity there is in this series? I know there was always nudity in sitc, but there seems to be more in ajlt than sitc, got to say I was for no reason I can figure out surprised at Miranda's nudity in the last epos.

I watched the first two episodes together so I can't differentiate between them, but yes I did think a lot of nudity.

Now I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if it's more me not really wanting to see middle aged "bits n pieces" that made it more noticeable. I mean there was a fair bit of semi nakedness in the original series . Let's face it, seeing attractive 20 somethings semi naked is so common place it most likely doesn't register half the time. Was there an episode that Samantha kept her clothes on? 😂 😂

Just watched episode 3 and everyone remained fully clothed.

That could be true, the nudity in sitc seemed natural for the situation. While I get they are trying to send a body positive message for the "older" woman, so far ajlt seems to be overdoing it. After a rapid search of my unreliable memory, I can not remember ever seeing miranda before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Baybay

And just like that, an episode of SATC came to mind with Miranda & Steve & a blue moon but my memory really wouldn’t be too reliable either! I think it was when she still lived in her apartment, before they moved to Brooklyn.

I'm pretty certain there was booby scenes with Miranda in satc.

I think Charlotte has had one or two scenes but still more on the PG side.

The only one that has always been covered up is sjp. Even in underwear she wears boxer type knickers. (I have no idea why I started to notice this, but once I did it became really obvious) .

So the nudity scale was Samantha, Miranda Charlotte then sjp. As far as I can remember anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

I flicked past an episode and stopped to take a look and Miranda was done up in full bondage gear with an enormous dildo hanging from her crotch. I moved on pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just after looking at episode 3 of Series 2.

Thankfully it has a completely kept the tone of the first. It has upped the boll*cks, upped the Miranda & Che, upped the wokeness, upped the Razzie standard acting.

Myself and the wife watch it and can genuinely say it is so cringe we have honestly found ourselves laughing out loud at moments.

It is horrendous and what makes it so funny is the show is truly unself aware.

TV gold.

It appeared on my FB feed, so I googled. SJP actually has a no nudity clause written into her contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

This is even worse than the first season. There is no coherent and cohesive plot driving the season forward, there are two many characters, Miranda has been destroyed, it’s so painfully woke it’s like a parody, horrifically materialistic, and even Seema isn’t as much of a draw anymore.

Awful, awful, awful. Why did they mess with their legacy by producing this utter crap. I don’t blame Kim Cattrall for staying far far away- other than this one tiny cameo for which she probably got megabucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is really really bad no idea why I am still watching it to be honest.

The Che character is even more annoying in this season which I didn't think was possible.

The storylines non existent. Plot of episode 2 of season 2....it was every bit as thrilling to watch as expected.

"Carrie struggles with a podcast ad script. Charlotte tries to retrieve Lily's designer clothes. Chaos ensues when Miranda loses her phone."

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

I thought episode 3 was an improvement over the first two. I thought the audio book reading was well done.

I missed the last couple of episodes of series 1 so excuse me if this was explained. I know we always had to suspend our disbelief in the original series regarding the foursomes disposable income and spending power, but the ‘up and coming’ jewellery designer living in a multi, multi million dollar apartment is surely a step too far! Unless I missed her being a billionaires daughter or something!

The absolute worst part of this reboot is the way they have treated Miranda, she has gone from hard nosed, no BS, New York lawyer to a needy, whiny, helpless idiot. The old Miranda would absolutely hate the new Miranda. Her story arc makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Photobox

Totally agree with this, just watched all three episodes tonight and that was my very thought how they have destroyed Miranda's character. They destroyed Steves character in the first season of AJLT too . Miranda was always such an independent take no sh1t personality and is so whinny now . The audio book was very well down alright. Charlotte has turned into a caricature as well. Guess we will have to see how the rest of the episodes pan out.

The Aidan return straight into Carrie's arms and bed after a reach out email is lame plus using Che's empty apartment yet dumb me keeps watching

He has always loved her though.

I do think the angle of "losing Mr right as too caught up in Mr wrong" is realistic.

Her relationship with Big was toxic on every level, even if they did end up married....she was never his equal , he always had the power.

That said I'm not sure this over the top lovey Dovey relationship is a decent storyline it's either going to end in tears as she won't move out of NY and he won't move back to NY or else she does move and that's the total end of SATC/AJLT

• Advertisement

But Carrie treated Aidan bad, Big was always 1st, her great love

Advertisement