Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have a 3 month gamepass ultimate offer available to me via Lenovo. I've never used/created an Xbox or gamepass account before, so a virgin on this service.

My question is. If I switch on my VPN, set it to Turkey and then proceed to sign up as a new customer. Would the Turkish rate apply to my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭i124Q

I don't think it matters so much where you register. More so where you redeem it. So just change location to Turkey if you buy a cheap turkey code and redeem it from a browser. I wasn't bothered with the vpn stuff, but I think that's how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks for the info.

My reading of setting up via Turkey is that it's easiest if you set up initially via a voucher.

Buy the voucher, set VPN to Turkey and add the voucher to your account. Subsequently your own payment card will then work for renewals even if not a Turkish card.

Will be creating the account and adding a voucher later 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Folks anyone try a South African code for the 12 months it’s currently €31.89 on cdkeys which is the best I can see at present, any guidance appreciated

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Glad to hear this is still working!

My sub is up in a few weeks, anyone spot any decent BF deals on Gold or just wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Mine is up in 10 days. Can anyone confirm if Turkish codes still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes - Just loaded up 3x 12 months (Turkey) Live Gold from Eneba: Total cost of €93 (incl. credit card fees)

Followed the usual steps

Tips:

Remember to make sure recurring billing is switched of in MS Account before adding codes.

No need to change profile or billing address/location to Turkey. Keep it as Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Can confirm, followed same steps as Wassie and went through relatively smoothly. I was doing this for my young nephew so I had a couple of additional steps to create his MS account and add it to MS Family and create his Xbox account.

One additional tip if also doing this for a Child account, when you get to the GPU €1 offer and you get the message about needing an Adult to approve check that the "Require Approval to use Credit Cards" is set to OFF on the Child account. I got stuck at this point but changing this setting worked. Changed option back to ON after though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Quick question. This is my first time renewing the GP deal. My subscription expires on Sunday. Do I have to wait until Monday to input the live codes & the €1 GP Ultimate code or can I do it on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You need to wait for the GPU subscription to expire, otherwise it will convert at a very unfavorable rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Thanks for this, I added 1 year (albeit free) a week or so to go and it converted 3:1. I'll be sure to wait for the expiry in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Hi guys

Hope someone can help

I just got 500 euro xbox today.

Haven't opened it. I want to get ultimate pass.

What's the best place to go? And any tricks to stack it?

I'm no good for buying from different countries so want to keep it Irish

Hope someone can help

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Buy 3 years worth of Xbox live gold (here's a key for €45: https://www.eneba.com/xbox-xbox-xbox-live-gold-12-month-xbox-live-key-global, or you can go direct to microsoft here: https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/live/gold?xr=shellnav).

Once you have stacked the 3 years worth of live gold, sign up for GPU. It should be €1 for 1 month as introductory offer. It will then auto-convert your Xbox Live Gold to GPU for the full length you paid for (i.e. 3 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭wassie

And make sure auto renewal for billing in your microsoft account is switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure it works but just want to be sure. Does the Turkey offer work if just getting PC Gamepass? Don't have an XBox.

It's still cheaper to stack 3 years of Gold and convert to GPU than to sub to PC GamePass. You can get 3 years GPU for about €140 without going out of region and PC GamePass is €10 a month.

GPU will give you PC GamePass and EA Play on PC.

Yeah, was just wondering if you needed an XBox to use the Turkey codes or could it be done without an XBox. But going by the steps, since it's done on a browser anyway it should work.

Yeah, it can be done via the browser at

Much easier to use a vpn on a browser and if you try to redeem without one you'll get a region mismatch error.

When I do this the first code works fine but when I enter the second I get this message:

"This purchase conflicts with one or more of your current subscriptions

Please go to your Microsoft account to learn more or to make changes to your current subscription"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know if the Xbox live codes expire? If I bought them now but didnt want to use them until my sub expires in a few months. Really hoping Microsoft don't close this loophole soon along with the game price rise

• Advertisement

It worked fine this morning but the €1 didn't work - cost €12.99 but got there in the end anyway.

Did anyone else get charged 12.99 for the month of GPU?

My GPU ended yesterday, added 3 years of Gold fine, but when I went to the €1 GPU link it's directing me to pay 12.99 (I think)...

I have used the €1 offer before, maybe that's the reason?

Yes, same for me. Maybe because I had the €1 offer before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, you can use it once

Ah ok, so do I need to purchase through that link or can a code be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

All I remember is that i used up the 1 euro deal on my account. But I had no problems later signing up for the multi year deal once I let the 1 month expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I used the €1 offer 3 years ago and again this year no problem

I'll try again tomorrow and see if it's any different...

Thanks. Have Ultimate now up until 9th December 2025. Total cost €90.71. The €1 offer worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

€102.70 all in for 3 years GPU.

It wouldn't let me get a trial for €1

But still, that's about the price of 1 gold edition Ubisoft game, for 3 years more Ultimate :D

Advertisement