Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***** GAME PASS NEWS ******

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭feargantae

Cheers. My GPU isn't up til the end of the month so I'll keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just renewed my Turkish GPU, 3 x 12 months Gold and 1 x 1 month GPU bought via Turgame. I've given up on consoles and its GPU with a Kishi on the go, or with a Stadia controller at home these days. Gaming has become more of a dip and out thing for me as I've gotten older. Whilst I do play Flight sims on a semi decent laptop setup, the urge to buy consoles has left.

Great value in the 3x12 Gold & 1x1 GPU, 3 yrs gaming sorted for €85!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

Anyone want a month's gamepass ultimate for free then guess a gamepass game for next Tuesday's quest ...

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058297721/gamepass-ultimate-1-month-giveaway#latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Just looking on cd keys there & I see 6 months live is €15, 12 is €45. If I bought 2 six months plus paid for a month of ultimate, would it still stack as 13 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,704 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys what’s the best offer currently for games pass? Son uses it purely to access MS Flight Simulator on his laptop.

thanks

Without going for out of region subs the cheapest option would probably be what was stated this morning by Trixiebust. Load up to 3 years of gold using the 6 month codes from CDKeys for €15 and then buy 1 month of GPU. Doing this should cost about €43 for 13 months, or €103 to fully load with 36 months.

Make sure the current subscription is expired before doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thank you.

I don’t mind out of region subs as I use my VPN for YT Premium and Netflix set up assuming he doesn’t have to use a VPN everytime he wants to play?

And just to confirm, Gold is equivalent to game pass?

No vpn required after activation.

Gold is for Xbox multiplayer, but can be upgraded to the top tier, Game Pass Ultimate which includes Game Pass for Xbox, For PC and Game Cloud when you buy 1 month of GPU after the Gold subscription is active.

This works out much cheaper than Game Pass by itself or buying GPU on a monthly subscription.

When you're converting the Gold to Ultimate do the "1 month non stackable" codes work? Or does it have to be the stackable one?

The non stackable codes don't work as they are for a trial subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

So, I've taken the step of signing up for GPU Family and Friends, as it is a saving for the two of us.

There are three other subs to share, in case anyone is interested. Although I suspect most of you have GPU prepaid well in advance, if anyone's sub is up soon and wants in, drop me a message with your email. Your account must be Irish, of course. Other than that, there are no requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

What would be the cost? Would i then have all the usual i currently have with my gpu sub? Lile being able to use it on pc and the console?

My sub will expire in a month or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

No cost whatsoever. I'm already paying the sub, and the three subs available are going to waste.

Yes, you have GPU as if you paid for it yourself, for as long as I have the F&F sub. However unlikely, if I ever find myself unable or unwilling to continue this sub, I will let you know, so you can find yourself an alternative. Right now, I'm prepaid for the next 2 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 colml cule

Bought a Series X in the gamestop sale and came across this thread when looking into game pass.

Is there a limit on the number of codes you can submit?

For example, if 10 x 3 months codes works out as the cheapest, can I do it this way? Or does it have to be 12 months + 12 months + 6, or could it be 6 months by 5? I'd like to get it done before the price increases.

There is no limit to the codes you can put in as long as the length of the sub doesn't exceed 36 months.

I think the cheapest option atm is going with 6 month subs from CDKeys without messing with a VPN. 6 months of Gold is about €18.40 atm, once you've loaded up on that add 1 month of GPU to convert the full sub to that. Buying 5 x 6 month Gold subs, 1 x 3 month Gold and 1 x 1 month GPU should get you the full 36 months if you accept the free month for turning on auto renew for Gold, turning auto renew off and accepting the free month for turning it on for GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 colml cule

Thanks!

Just got ultimate for 36 months for 111 euro all out, next renewal is June 2026!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

What is the best VPN? I assume I don't need to subscribe. Downloaded tunnelbear but like you said doesn't connect to Turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I used Windscribe when I was redeeming codes from memory, it's just a Chrome add on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

I didn't use a VPN, used the TOR browser and it was a breeze. From step 4 above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Cheers fella, from what steps do you have to repeat when you have to do it again?

Seems you can no longer upgrade to GPU from Gold 1:1 as of today, the normal conversion ratio of 3:2 now applies.

It's still cheaper to do this than buy 2 years of GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It is still working for now or they've stopped the 1:1 already?

Was going to grab a Series S and three years of GP next week so it's a bit of a pain if it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just so people know it's €32 for a year of gold in Turkey on eneba right now. If you get those and then upgrade to gamepass you'll get your 2 years for in around €100. Still a decent deal

It's already finished, 3 years of Gold will now convert to 2 years of GPU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

We had a good run, never thought it would last as long as it did! Still value to be had at the 3:2 ratio. Topped up the 3 years last December so not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just saw it on reddit :(

I'll have to console myself with the 2+ years of GPU I have left. As above, surprised I was able to get another go-round last year, thought it would have been long ceased. If I can do 2 years of GPU for the same price as 3 last time (<£70), I still don't think that's bad at all, £2.92 per month. I don't know what the real cost is but I know it ain't that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭wassie

First post needs to be changed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've updated it with a note for now, I'll fully update it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

Will two years convert to one then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

My last stacked 3 years ran out last week.

Managed to get 25 months Ultimate for €75 by getting 3 12 months Turkey Live codes from Eneba (GGDbrs4j8 gives 8% off, which is basically their processing fee, and Revolut have 3% instant cash back) then got one month Ultimate on the Xbox for €1. Still great value.

Post edited by Mimikyu on

Ah lads I'm still raging they changed the conversion. I had 3 years of Gold ready to go but said I'd hold off redeeming for a while. In the meantime my Ultimate expired and I redeemed a Lucozade code for a month. So I got a month free but lost 12 months paid 😂 i wish they gave us notice they were changing the rates as MS Support can cancel subs early for ye to redeem a better deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

In fairness, I'm surprised I was able to do it last year, I fully expected the conversion to be gone by that stage. That extra month was just a bit greedy tbh

Still, as above, I'll not complain at €75 for 25 months and I'll be glad of that option should it exist when I go looking in a couple of years

I posted this in another thread - may be of interest to anyone with existing GPU wanting to extend their current sub based on new conversion ratios.

I wanted to try out the conversion, so I purchased 3 x '3 month Xbox Live Gold' keys (i.e. 9 months total) from Eneba for a total cost of €26.85.

• My GPU was due to expire on 20 Nov 2025.
    • For a 3:2 conversion, I was expecting my new date to be 20 May 2026 (i.e. 2 months + 2 months + 2 months)
    • However, after redeeming the codes (they are redeemed individually), my new expiry date is 04 May 2026.
    • So I was expecting 180 days, but in reality only got 164 days.

According to the Xbox Gold Upgrade FAQ, they list conversion rates as below, which would suggest I should of only gotten 150 days - however this list may not be current as it does state conversion ratio subject to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My sub is due to expire Feb 2024 yet I got an email stating the monthly cost is increasing next month. I know the conversion rate is changing but find it a bit strange to get a mail like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You're grand, I got the email too and mine doesn't expire until Dec 2025 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Hey just noted the conversion rules are changed, per these posts is the conversion even worth the bother now?

My sub is up Jan 2024, I can complain though I was happy to get one shot of the 36month conversion probably didn't use it as much as I should have but I got the value out of it playing halo infinite for months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

I signed up for Game Pass Friends and family as it was going to work out cheaeper for amount of us in the family. Just got an email that they are ending the preview program on the 15th of August and converting time let to GPU for all memebers min you will get is 3mths GPU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Interesting. Haven't heard anything about it ending, could you copy/paste the email in here?

Thank you for participating in the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family preview program. It has been incredible seeing our Game Pass Ultimate members share the fun of Game Pass with their friends and family. On 15 August 2023, we will be ending the preview as we look to take the learnings from the past several months and investigate building an offer which we can launch worldwide in the future.

What does this mean for the membership I am a part of?

On 15 August, the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family membership you are currently participating in will no longer be available in your market.

Starting 15 August, we’ll be providing you with a minimum of 3-months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate as a thank you for participating in our preview program. Additional time may be included, depending on the Primary Account Holder’s banked time.

We will send your personalised code on console or in the Xbox app on PC which must be redeemed with the Xbox account you used to participate in the current Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family membership.

You can view a chart for how much actual time you will receive here.

All participants in your group plan will also be receiving the same personalised offer, so that you can continue playing together.

Note that you must still be included in your Primary Account Holder’s active plan on 15 August to be eligible for the above offer. Nevertheless, if you would like to cancel or change your status, visit your Microsoft account.

Thank you again for being a Game Pass member and for participating in our Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family preview.

What does this mean for my membership?

Starting July 14, 2023: Existing Primary and Secondary members will be emailed details describing this change.

Starting July 17, 2023: Primary account holders will no longer be able to add new members to their shared membership.

August 15, 2023: Existing memberships will end and Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family will no longer be available.

Starting August 15, 2023: We’ll be sending Xbox Game Pass Ultimate codes as a thank you for participating in our preview programme (to both Primary and Secondary members) depending on your Primary account holder’s remaining time as described in the table below.

Your shared Friends & Family subscription must be active on August 15, 2023, to be eligible. If you'd like to cancel or change your membership, visit your Microsoft account.

We’ll send a personalised code (or more than one code) to your Xbox account on console and the Xbox app on PC.

Codes must be redeemed with the Xbox account you used to participate in the current Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family membership.

All participants in your group plan will also be receiving the same personalised offer, so that you can continue playing together.

Microsoft account

Remaining Friends & Family time Ultimate time members will receive

Less than 1 month

3 months

1 – 2 months

6 months

2 – 5 months

12 months

5 – 10 months

24 months

More than 10 months

36 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So if you have more than two years left on your F&F sub Microsoft will give you and all family members three years of GPU.

Pretty decent deal I think?

• Advertisement

In fact, it's if you had more than 10 months left, you'll get 3 years. Not bad, I think. Surprised that I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Anyone considering doing the GPU hack, might want to consider do this before Sep 14 - the date when Xbox Live Gold will “evolve” into Xbox Game Pass "Core".

There is a possibility that MS may decide to also kill off the 3:2 conversion rate for converting a Xbox Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate at the changeover.

My guess is that they wont and the conversion will carry over to Core for no effective change. Given they just announced the conversion change, it would seem unlikely they change or remove it again so soon.

However Im going to play safe and extend out my GPU sub a few months to Sep 2026.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just for anyone wondering the conversion is working at 3:2

Gamepass ultimate sub express yesterday. Got 3 years of gold on eneba for Turkey. Redeemed via VPN, removed VPN and upgraded to gamepass ultimate for €1.

Converted to 2 years gamepass ultimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

How do you extend your sub if you already have an active one?

Just purchase Xbox Live Gold keys from Eneba or CD Keys and then redeem them under your Microsoft Account (Subscriptions Manage Xbox GPU).

You need to do the sums to work out what is the best value for you - best done plugging the date in excel and doing simple sums to work out what combination of keys suits you.

• I just extended my GPU sub doing exactly this. My new expiry date is 26/07/2026.
    • At the same time, I purchased a 3 month Live Gold key which I will apply in early Sept. That will extend my GPU expiry to 16/09/2026 (i.e. just beyond the 14/09 date when Gold switched to Core).

I'm doing this as a very conservative precaution should Microsoft decide to change conversion rate. But I should stress there is nothing to suggest this is likely to happen and I think the most likely outcome is there is no change for the fore seeable future.

See post here for the conversion rates. Also found in the Xbox FAQ

• Advertisement
Advertisement