Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Countdown 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My my how quickly we've gone from 100 to 50 on the countdown... I suspect the next 50 will go even quicker.

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

In Home Alone Lost in New York Kevin views New York from LaGuardia Airport.

Looking forward to my annual viewing of this movie...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Ah don't say that now, these are my favourite 50 days of the year ☺️🎄

Ditto. I suspect that's why they go by so quickly!

• Advertisement

Michele Ferrero founded Ferrero Rocher in 1979 in Italy and they went on sale in other European Countries in 1982.

Nutcracker dolls most commonly made to resemble a toy soldier. In German tradition, the dolls are symbols of good luck, frightening away malevolent spirits. While nearly all nutcrackers from before the first half of the 20th century are functional, a significant proportion of modern nutcrackers are primarily decorative, and not able to crack nuts.

The Santa Hat Is Called the Pileus Hat

The Santa hat is called the Pileus hat. It was popular in Ancient Greece and it was once a military hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

This thread is starting to get into the freaking me out stage, 46 days!!!!!

E-Christmas cards have being around since 1996!(I know it's short)

• Advertisement

Baubles were first invented in Lauscha, by local man Hans Greiner, who first manufactured them in the  late 1840's The first baubles were fruit and nut shaped glass, eventually turning into a more spherical shape.

The Romans invented mulled wine as an efficient way to make unremarkable wine tastier and more aromatic.

At 11 am (our times) on Christmas Eve a country called Tonga will be one of the first countries celebrating Christmas Day.(I hope that makes sense)/

One of the best selling toys of Christmas 1990 was the Lego Duplo Zoo it would have being Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but there was there wasn't enough produced.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The realisation that its 39 days to go in 2 days has really freaked me out.

the 100-1 countdown is on another planet on speed compared to 300-201 and 200-101.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's unbelievable, isn't it!!? 39 days means there is essentially one month to go. 😲

I think during this period it just gets so Christmasy the time just flies!

How The Flintstones saved Christmas aired on Christmas Day in 1964!

• Advertisement

Funnily enough this is the time I feel we're in a Christmas limbo of sorts. Christmas stuff is appearing all over yet it seems too early to put up the decorations & go all out on the tunes etc. and I haven't quite gotten fully into the Christmas mood (to be fair it'll probably be work finishing up before that happens) so the next stage for me will be the LLTS weekend, with our decorations going up & Christmas FM launching on FM on the Sunday after... then I'll be as close to being in christmas mode as possible until the day I finish up work for the year.

As ever the time is flying by though... but then again, cliché's are cliché's for a reason 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

You have just explained perfectly how I feel.

The OH's birthday is 30th November and I always feel like we can't get Christmassy until that is done.

I feel really in limbo at the moment

They are 222,000 Christmas lights in Oxford Street, London.

Wouldn't want to be checking them if they didn't work or untangling them!

Into the 30's....😯

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tom and Jerry the night before Christmas was released on December 6th 1941!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loved Tom and Jerry, why do they not show any of these anymore

I remember I had a colouring book of Tom and Jerry I coloured it so neatly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement