Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turbo trainer/rollers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

devonp wrote: »
    so got myself a set of Elite Arion Rollers...apart from the steep learning curve (and i'm still learning ) i got a speed sensor (Garmin 2 dual) how can i send this data to my Mac in real time to monitor my speed/time/distance ?
    i have an old Garmin edge 810, its works in that it picks up the speed sensor and HRM buti dont want to be looking down at the stem :eek: and want to set up the Mac with its bigger screen. Also i will have 1 months free sub to Elite trainer app

ANT+ and BTLE so you should be able to see them on the mac (unless its ancient). Not sure what client you'd use. If theyre paired to an 820 they may not show for the computer while its on, unsure there.

devonp wrote: »
    got going on the Arion rollers today...first time
    in a door frame, with runners

26km 34kph avg 46mins

some differences btw garmin connect and strava numbers ?

its sweaty work indoor cycling :P

Using rollers like that the "speed" and "distance" are really fictional, just like ERG mode on a turbo. If you have a PM use that but it sounds like you don't so Id just focus on HR zones. Thats the real meaningful figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Has anyone had trouble with their shifting on a Wahoo Kickr Core?

I am using a 105 cassette on the kickr core and the gears are struggling. I've adjusted the tension but each time I shift down the chain struggles and then jolts down with a bang and when I shift up the chain jumps up and down a bit. I've an ultegra cassette on my bike and when I put the wheel back on the bike to check the gears everything runs pretty smoothly.

Might try and put the ultegra cassette on it tomorrow.

Advertisement