Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with father in law

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

OP, you’ve done a good job with how you handled this and it’s the best you can do when your dealing with people like him and want to stay in contact with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Digiteer

No need to engage with him, if he wants a relationship with his grandchildren, then needs to address his behaviour.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

I'd highly recommend mindfulness/meditating. At the start of lockdown last year everything just tipped over for me, I became more irritable and short tempered, I've always been good at managing myself from flying off the hook but I started to lose it with everyone, father on law included.

There's plenty of YouTube resources and apps. Helped me loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

People that are this difficult usually have some combination of psychiatric issues/personality disorders that have been left untreated for decades or more. Dont waste your energy. Just stay away and keep your family away as much as possible. Lifes too short and you wont get anywhere dealing with him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

As the OP seems to have come to a resolution that they're happy with, I'll close this thread now. If you want it reopened Marcet, just let one of the Mod Team know by PM.

Thanks everyone for you help and advice.

HS

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement