Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has anyone had any success getting the games to show up in Hitman 3, i own Hitman 1,2 and 3 but its asking me to buy the access pass.

This is PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Vicxas wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success getting the games to show up in Hitman 3, i own Hitman 1,2 and 3 but its asking me to buy the access pass.

This is PSN

Yep, I'm all set up now.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What do people think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone having issues with their mastery levels been reset after carry over? I was level 20 for all H1 levels and now I'm back to 0.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

awec wrote: »
    What do people think of it?

Just played the first two levels. Loved the Dartmoor murder mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Okay, as someone who loves the Hitman games and played all of them, should I get this game?

Oaky fine you twisted my arm, Cheers.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

is there any plans for them to release a complete edition trilogy does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭quokula

So I decided to just pick it up and skip the first two games. I've done three levels now and really enjoyed all of them a lot, there is so much variety and so much potential for experimentation. I think I probably will end up buying the add-ons for the first two games now, but I don't really mind playing them out of order because the overarching story is really irrelevant.

The overall story is basically cutscenes between missions. The missions themselves contain no real story.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    The overall story is basically cutscenes between missions. The missions themselves contain no real story.

Agreed and I think even more so in Hitman 1 where the story between missions was barely comprehensible.

Agreed and I think even more so in Hitman 1 where the story between missions was barely comprehensible.

I still don't really get it, nor care about it, I generally just go past them.

Said it earlier in the thread, the game is basically a collection of puzzles set in different locations. You can play them in any order and they're all designed to be replayable many times.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The story isn't complicated.

Basic story overview Hitman (2016)
    iThe ICA or International Contract Agency who 47 and Diana work for partake in a number of assassinations that are seemingly unrelated but they come to realize that they have all been initiated by a single client of the ICA referred to as the Shadow Client and the assassinated targets were all agents or indirect agents of Providence a sort of powerfull Illuminati-esque group who manipulate world events to their own ends. At the end of Hitman Providence tries to recruit Diana and by extension 47 to target the Shadow Client by offering her information on 47's origins.

Hitman 2
    starts off with the ICA now working with Providence to targets members of the Shadow Client's organization and learn the identity of the Shadow Client. However on locating the Shadow Client he reveals he's connected to 47's past and that Providence played a role in his past as well and he convinces 47 and Diana to work with him in taking down Providence. The game ends with 47, Diana and the Shadow Client learning the identity of people behind Providence, but at the same time Providence gives Diana information on her past that may lead her to changing sides once again. The DLC missions of Hitman 2 focus on 47 and the Shadow Client's efforts in stopping the leaders of Providence from going into hiding.

Hitman 3
    starts off with 47, Diana and the Shadow Client targeting the leaders of Providence. Won't say any more, other than Diana's and the Shadow Client's allegiances are all under question.]

The requirements for level 20 mastery seem to be much more than the previous games. I've 14/15 assassination, 21/22 discovery, 11/14 feats in Dubai and still at level 18. Leaving 14k xp from remaining challenges unless I go suit only silent assassin with the sniper.

The requirements for level 20 mastery seem to be much more than the previous games. I've 14/15 assassination, 21/22 discovery, 11/14 feats in Dubai and still at level 18. Leaving 14k xp from remaining challenges unless I go suit only silent assassin with the sniper.

There are much fewer story missions on each level (only 3 per level it seems) which is easily knocking 12-16k off the available scores. That's probably contributing to it somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭VG31

There are much fewer story missions on each level (only 3 per level it seems) which is easily knocking 12-16k off the available scores. That's probably contributing to it somewhat.

I thought that at first also, but I saw on Reddit that most mission stories are hidden now.

Yeah the second game was like that too, in that a few of them weren't marked. In Dubai there is one near the start were you have to reunite Stuyvesant
    with his daughter
    which sets up a few possibilities and then you have the Angry Birdy one. I've only done that level so far so can't comment on the rest but it did feel like there were fewer stories hidden or not.

The angry birdy one I thought was a pain to set up until I overheard a few things and then it was obvious. It did take 3 or 4 conversations in different locations to give me all the pieces I needed though.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Well I finished this yesterday on PC, as in I went through all 6 missions once just for the story line.

Overall its very good. I think the overall standard of the 6 maps is the best of the trilogy, but arguable it doesn't reach the heights of the very best maps of the first two games and the 6th mission is probably the weakest mission in the entire 20 missions of the trilogy, though its far from awful.

Gameplay wise, very little has change from the previous games. One or two very small editions like the digital camera you can use for hacking, unlock-able shortcuts in the maps and the occasional need to memorize pass codes. Didn't notice any difference with the A.I. Only took 10 hours to beat the campaign but I will get dozens if not hundreds of hours out of this game going back to find new ways of completing missions and challenges. I think the highlight mission was mission 3 set in and around a rave club in Berlin, both from a map design and visual perspective as well as having to discover the identity of targets in game as being opposed to told who they are. Not sure if the identity of the targets change in different playthroughs. Hope they do for replay-ability sake.

Performance wise on PC overall performance was improved over the first two games with fewer FPS dips, but I did notice the 5th mission wasn't as smooth in terms of frame rate compared to all the other missions which remained above 60FPS at all times. One CTD while in the menu in 11.5 hours I clocked in game. The first two games ion the trilogy did have a tendency to crash as well but the crashing was never frequent enough to be anything more than a minor annoyance. Game looks slightly better the previous games, so it looks very nice overall with very few visual glitches.

Story wise its pretty much the same standard as the first two. Completely serviceable but its not going to stick long in the memory.

Overall if you liked the first two games in the trilogy you won't be disappointed with this one. If the first two games didn't do anything for you, this won't either. It doesn't break any new ground but IMO that's all right because its continuing on from very good foundations.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have done Dubai twice now. Once in the mission way, and once just winging it around the level (though stumbling into one of the other set mission things, the Insecurity one). Other guy I killed with the golf ball.

Got Intel for a few of the other ways to do it and can see things that could set up other ones. Can definitely see the replayability in it. Didnt play Hitman 1 or 2, but once I complete 3 I might spring for them to get their levels into 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Penn wrote: »
    Have done Dubai twice now. Once in the mission way, and once just winging it around the level (though stumbling into one of the other set mission things, the Insecurity one). Other guy I killed with the golf ball.

Got Intel for a few of the other ways to do it and can see things that could set up other ones. Can definitely see the replayability in it. Didnt play Hitman 1 or 2, but once I complete 3 I might spring for them to get their levels into 3.

What platform are you on? The levels for 1 are free if you buy in the first 10 days on PC.

Eneba have 2 Gold Edition for €25 on Xbox.

Not sure of deals on psn for the other games, but you might have 1 as it was on ps+.

• Advertisement

What platform are you on? The levels for 1 are free if you buy in the first 10 days on PC.

Eneba have 2 Gold Edition for €25 on Xbox.

Not sure of deals on psn for the other games, but you might have 1 as it was on ps+.

PS5. I bought the very first edition of Hitman 1 when it was just one or two levels, however it was when it was first released. Never actually got around to playing it though bar a quick try. Either wasn't feeling it at the time or was busy with something else. Never went back to it and never got the full edition when it was on PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PS5. I bought the very first edition of Hitman 1 when it was just one or two levels, however it was when it was first released. Never actually got around to playing it though bar a quick try. Either wasn't feeling it at the time or was busy with something else. Never went back to it and never got the full edition when it was on PS+.

Gamestop have Hitman 2 Gold for €30. You can put in the expansion pass code, install the game and get the access passes for 3.

When done and lockdown lifts Cex will buy it for €12.

Better than paying €100 for the access passes on psn.

Might be useful for others, not sure if this was in the previous games, if you go into options, gameplay and hud options you can toggle silent assassin hud.

It puts 2 green pistols beside your map, if they go red you've messed up. Saves you having to wait until the run is over to find out.

The suit only silent assassin run I did in Dartmoor was cake even on master. The short cuts really make a difference.

I went for the sniper kill from the roof challenge too because I'd done one of the mission stories and knew I could hide her body outside in a certain place
    shot her into the grave while the undertaker and bodyguard were looking away

Just started Berlin, wow!!!!!! Loving the objective and the scale of the level.

Just started Berlin, wow!!!!!! Loving the objective and the scale of the level.

Yeah did one run of Berlin earlier. Seeing some of the challenges and the things I missed is astonishing.

Yeah did one run of Berlin earlier. Seeing some of the challenges and the things I missed is astonishing.

I took out one of the guys with
    the lights from the DJ booth
    has to be up there as one of the best Hitman kills.

EDIT: And that was the end of the level, tells me to leave? Hmmmm the lack of mission stories means I've missed a tonne of stuff here I didn't even explore the levels exterior.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I reran the Dubai mission and i absolutely nailed it with accidental kills but I got much less XP second time around than my first fumble around.

Not sure why

I reran the Dubai mission and i absolutely nailed it with accidental kills but I got much less XP second time around than my first fumble around.

Not sure why

I think you would get XP bonuses for just killing the targets first time round but not the second.

• Advertisement

Not sure why

Yeah as EM says, a lot of the things you got XP for the first time around you wouldn't get again on the second time, only any new things you did.

Just one more main mission to go. Decided rather than redo levels, I'll finish the main story first. Some great level design throughout.

Advertisement