Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitman 3

Comments

Pretty extensive information of how to get the first two games if you own them into the 3rd game and what transfers https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

We'll see how well it works at launch, I know I had some issues on Xbox last time getting the first games content into the second, this time out made more complicated by me owning one digitally and the other on disc but they seem to have accounted for that.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

IO have rolled back on Hitman 2 owners on PC needing to repurchase the game on EGS if they want the content added into Hitman 3

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/owners-of-hitman-2-on-pc-will-get-its-levels-for-free-in-hitman-3-after-all/

Doesn't look like it will happen immediately at release though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm guessing the review embargo isn't up until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm guessing the review embargo isn't up until tomorrow?

Yep, 12pm today.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Reviews looking good so far.

PC Gamer gave it 90%
    Eurogamer gave it a recommended rating.
    IGN gave it a 9/10

A number of other reviews have been quite positive as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, this looks REALLY good.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wow, this looks REALLY good.

Mmmmm reviews across the board are looking incredible!

Hitman gave it a Recommended tag.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-19-hitman-3-review-a-satisfying-end-to-a-beautiful-stealth-trilogy

Luckily I had the sense to go and look at what was in the deluxe edition I foolishly assumed it would have a season pass included which it does not. Standard edition it is, none of the stuff with the deluxe version matters to me.

61.76GB install (series X) for the game and then it has the individual levels for Hitman 3 queued separately. I believe that install size includes the first two games if I've read the information in the link I posted the other day correctly and you just have to get the access pass from the store to access them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

So the reviews of this have caught my attention having not played the previous two. Will I miss out on much if I dive in here? I don't really want to devote the time to going through all three games. I'm probably less concerned about the story than the assumption that you should already know the mechanics inside out by this instalment, if it is as much like DLC for the first two games as reviewers imply.

quokula wrote: »
    So the reviews of this have caught my attention having not played the previous two. Will I miss out on much if I dive in here? I don't really want to devote the time to going through all three games. I'm probably less concerned about the story than the assumption that you should already know the mechanics inside out by this instalment, if it is as much like DLC for the first two games as reviewers imply.

I'd recommend picking up the first two cheap. And you don't need to know the story or mechanics, based on my experience with 2.

• Advertisement

quokula wrote: »

Is it playable, of course. You could drop in without knowing much of the story and likely be fine.

The story in Hitman 1 was pretty loose with it really only kicking off in Hitman 2 and it's something I'm sure you could find a quick review video for without missing much. It's not the deepest although it is engaging enough to want to see it pan out.

There's definitely a learning curve to it that experience brings, whether it's sensitivity to detections, knowledge of items or how the mechanics work. It's not insurmountable or something you can can't learn over time but I would say there's value and merit in playing through Hitman 1 and 2 and the variety of levels they have so you can fully appreciate the new levels.

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've played 1 and 2 and I am just barely following the story. It's definitely not a major part of it, I really just see it as a collection of distinct puzzles.

The game doesn't even force you to play each map in order, you could play the very last one first if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looking forward to this, PSN is telling me it should be playable at 1PM

1pm our time for the game to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fyi the passes for Hitman 2 access are €60 for the game and €40 for the pass.

If on Xbox Eneba have the Gold Edition for €25.

https://www.eneba.com/xbox-hitman-2-gold-edition-xbox-one-xbox-live-key-europe

Currently can't log into my IOI account to move my progress and the access pass for 2 isn't currently available in the Hitman 2 store.

IOI have confirmed that they're working on restoring the carry over site. Who'd have thought it would be so busy at launch....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,620 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to play this in PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

IOI have confirmed that they're working on restoring the carry over site. Who'd have thought it would be so busy at launch....

Site working for me but it cannot see hitman 2 on my account.

Site working for me but it cannot see hitman 2 on my account.

That's one of the issues they're fixing.

I have access to the Hitman 2 levels but not the Hitman 1 ones, knew this would be messy based on the last game. Not been able to get far enough for progress to be transferred.

• Advertisement

Enfilade wrote: »
    I have access to the Hitman 2 levels but not the Hitman 1 ones, knew this would be messy based on the last game. Not been able to get far enough for progress to be transferred.

Yeah, H1 transfer isn't working on Xbox atm. Seems to not be linked to H3 as it doesn't show up as a valid add on.

Yeah, H1 transfer isn't working on Xbox atm. Seems to not be linked to H3 as it doesn't show up as a valid add on.

Yeah seems so I was able to go in to manage game and check 2 boxes for the H2 stuff but nothing there for the H1 content.

It's a mess to be honest (of course nowhere near Cyberpunk of course) and it's completely botching the launch

Most people won't and don't want to start playing because as soon as they get the carry over fixed, it'll overwrite anything done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Is anyone on PS5 with a disc version experiencing an issue where the H3 campaign past Dubai wont download, just says cant access, no way of downloading the levels.

Has anyone gotten through the carryover process? I'm stuck on the exporting data screen. Pain in the ass. Hopefully they can fix this by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Finally got my progress from Hitman 2 carried over this evening. It was taking ages at the "In progress" screen, so I left it and went away for a bit, then when I returned the screen was blank. I backed out to the first screen as I wasn't sure if it completed the transfer, but it didn't look like it at the time. I sure the PS5 off then as I was watching the football, but I turned it on again after to check and it had updated!

Hopefully it's running smoother tomorrow for everyone. Didn't even get a chance to play it proper as I didn't want to lose any progress, just walked through the Dubai level for a look earlier and it looks stunning.

Has anyone gotten through the carryover process? I'm stuck on the exporting data screen. Pain in the ass. Hopefully they can fix this by tomorrow.

Watching achievements pop now site crashed on me while it was in process but worked, still had no luck with H1 level import though.

EDIT: Looks like it's just the mastery ones that unlock when you carry over.

All ported over now. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just a word of warning for psn users. Ensure you download H3 in the same region as H1 and H2.

I purchased H1 and H2 on my irish psn account and H3 on my US account (20 euro saving on PS5)

I can't link the games together now as H3 can't see "hitman 2 standard" from the Irish account. Even though, I'm logged into my Irish account and have the H2 downloaded on the SSD.

• Advertisement

Just a word of warning for psn users. Ensure you download H3 in the same region as H1 and H2.

I purchased H1 and H2 on my irish psn account and H3 on my US account (20 euro saving on PS5)

I can't link the games together now as H3 can't see "hitman 2 standard" from the Irish account. Even though, I'm logged into my Irish account and have the H2 downloaded on the SSD.

I still can't get the H1 pack on Xbox, a lot of people are having this issue.

It seems it is searching for the Legacy Pack licence, but if you have the GOTY Legacy Pack licence it is not being recognized as owning it asking you to rebuy.

Advertisement